so how did Lindholm do?

poobags

8) 8) 8( 8)
Jan 27, 2013
Washington
Only way we'll ever get Landeskog is in NHL14 :(

Forsberg is more possible. Didn't they play together at the WJC?

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Not bashing Lindholm at all here. But do any of you Hurricane fans ever wish that you guys selected Monohan instead of Lindholm last year?

No. Lindholm is more skilled, smarter, and was considered to have more point potential. We have close to a Monahan in Jordan Staal (Better defense, not as many points).

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I know at least one does.

Lindholm showed flashes of what he's capable at the end of the season. He's got a lot of room to grow to. Monahan had a good rookie year on a bad team and tailed off toward the end. Plus he shot a pretty high 15.1% and I'm not sure he's capable of sustaining anywhere near that. He'll be a good player, but more of a Ryan Kesler type, and that's not really what this team needed.

Dishface

Registered Jerk
Sep 27, 2013
Kenosha, WI
Like TheOllieC said, we have our Monahan in Jordan Staal. We needed a playmaker for either Skinner or Semin. He looked good towards the end of the year and I don' regret them for picking him over Monahan.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Definitely too early to tell. Coming out of the gates fast is nice, but it didn't take long for Seguin to pass everyone in that draft class after a mere 22 points as an 18 year old.

The playmaking of Lindholm is what the team needs. Who pans out is one thing, but Elias has the skillset that the Canes need more than Monahan or Nichushkin.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Not bashing Lindholm at all here. But do any of you Hurricane fans ever wish that you guys selected Monohan instead of Lindholm last year?

Thinking short-term, Monahan's 22 goals would have really helped the Canes last year in their playoff chances. Thinking long-term, Lindholm is exactly the type of player the team needs, a playmaker not afraid to take a hit to make a play.

Lindholm's ceiling is probably a little higher, but both he and Monahan should turn out to be excellent, yet different players. Lindholm hopefully will live up to the Nic Backstrom comparisons and Monahan to Kesler. I agree with the previous poster in that the Canes already had their Monahan type player in J Staal, so Lindholm was the better choice long term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad