OT: So How Are You Guys Holding Up?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
This depends on how hooked one is to the "fat tastes good" mindset.

For me I love air frying and think all of Chicken, pork, fish etc tastes better in air fryer. i think french fries are better in an air fryer. But other people like KFC, other people like deep fried everything. It depends on the person. The benefits of an air fryer are obvious. For one you don't need a big vat of oil. you don't have the big risk of a potential oil fire. You have an appliance that is portable and you can use outside on hot days. you have the benefit of an appliance you can use unattended.

Proviso that most air fryer recipes use slight amount of oil, maybe tablespoon, just to coat. I do think the flavor of meats, veggies is better in an air fryer. You can also make cakes in them. Mine is also a slow cooker, pressure cooker, several options. Like others have mentioned it becomes an alternate way of making foods you already consume. People will use it to make anything from egg rolls to pizza to TV dinners to popcorn lol
I use mine a ton in the summer when I don't want the extra heat from the stove warming my place up.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I use mine a ton in the summer when I don't want the extra heat from the stove warming my place up.
Was so hot I was using my rice cooker out. For a month is lets see what combo of dishes we can make with the outside barbecue, rice cooker, and the air fryer. A lot, i,e, anything as it turns out hehe WE didn't use the kitchen stove for a calendar month.

Fortunately we have a shit load of electrical plugs outside the house. Somebody was thinking ahead.

Last edited:
Reactions: CycloneSweep

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

Attachments

• A12C1A6A-2EEC-461C-B9C5-C4F3D377D5AA.jpeg
    A12C1A6A-2EEC-461C-B9C5-C4F3D377D5AA.jpeg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 87782C5B-0151-4910-9ED1-EEEB0F4B1F3B.jpeg
    87782C5B-0151-4910-9ED1-EEEB0F4B1F3B.jpeg
    110.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Haha
Reactions: tardigrade81

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
We could have gone much bigger but 40 inch will do for now. Our Last one was 65 inch that we just took down. When we eventually move to a bigger house we will get a bigger tv. For the sake of the bank account the 40 inch was a solid deal
Should I ask what happened to the 65inch? We're curious folks around here. ;)

SnipeShowJB11

Jul 8, 2022
We could have gone much bigger but 40 inch will do for now. Our Last one was 65 inch that we just took down. When we eventually move to a bigger house we will get a bigger tv. For the sake of the bank account the 40 inch was a solid deal
I remember buying two TV's in 2006 when they all started coming out. One was a flat rear projection around 60" or a tad more and one was a plasma around 46". Future Shop. Around $12000 - $14000 lol

• Wow
Reactions: tardigrade81

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I remember buying two TV's in 2006 when they all started coming out. One was a flat rear projection around 60" or a tad more and one was a plasma around 46". Future Shop. Around $12000 - $14000 lol
That’s crazy!!!!! This one was my wife’s parents. They gave it to us.

I remember the first DVD players. Also expensice!

SnipeShowJB11

Jul 8, 2022
I'll watch 10 hours of Blaze over 10 seconds of Blippi.
That Blippi was a smart dude. He pivoted to kids stuff, rsearched his color scheme, etc. Now the guy has sh** in Walmart too and he is rich beyond his wildest dreams. I watched an interview with him. Like most families, his kept calling him an idiot for doing that goofy stuff.

That's the thing with people always giving advice. How do they know what to tell you if they have never been where you want to go?

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
That Blippi was a smart dude. He pivoted to kids stuff, rsearched his color scheme, etc. Now the guy has sh** in Walmart too and he is rich beyond his wildest dreams. I watched an interview with him. Like most families, his kept calling him an idiot for doing that goofy stuff.

That's the thing with people always giving advice. How do they know what to tell you if they have never been where you want to go?

One would expect that a man that shows up at a kids playground in a stupid hat and big fake glasses and acts like a idiot would eventually get arrested.

This guy recorded it and put it on YouTube and made millions.

I don't understand planet earth.

SnipeShowJB11

Jul 8, 2022
One would expect that a man that shows up at a kids playground in a stupid hat and big fake glasses and acts like a idiot would eventually get arrested.

This guy recorded it and put it on YouTube and made millions.

I don't understand planet earth.
It's like Sports and Movies. There is a large audience for that content. He goes to museums and everywhere. Kids education will always be popular on YT. Advertisers pay YT and you get a tiny chunk. There are kids less than 15 years old on YT that make hundreds of thousands a month lol. Their parents start the channel. Some who can do over 30K a day

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I'll watch 10 hours of Blaze over 10 seconds of Blippi.
Lmao!! Man so true! I 100 percent can agree with that. Ayden hasn’t been watching as much blipping lately and I thank the gods for that one!

I was watching Freddy vs Jason yesterday and he woke from his nap and came in while I was in the bathroom. Hope the movie didn’t traumatize him lol

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Ya she said when we get a bigger house we can

So never I guess lmao.
Congrats on the new kid. Less sleep on horizon?

You guys have really big dogs like that are the size of furniture. Cats are wee bitty things that don't take up much space. Sound like wifey is not a cat person.

That said cats can be stupid with newborns or toddlers. Not rare for a cat to scratch or snap at one. They don't have the disposition with really young ones that most dog breeds have.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Congrats on the new kid. Less sleep on horizon?

You guys have really big dogs like that are the size of furniture. Cats are wee bitty things that don't take up much space. Sound like wifey is not a cat person.

That said cats can be stupid with newborns or toddlers. Not rare for a cat to scratch or snap at one. They don't have the disposition with really young ones that most dog breeds have.
Haha she is not a cat person what so ever!!! I’m sure she will let me eventually.

Yes. I’m not looking forward to the no sleep ugh

Reactions: oilers'72

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Haha she is not a cat person what so ever!!! I’m sure she will let me eventually.

Yes. I’m not looking forward to the no sleep ugh
I've never been with a woman that isn't a cat person of some sort. So I'm trying to sort through it. She's a tomboy sort right?

Cats are innately female in nature (not talking male/female cats) but just the way they are and dogs are bust the doors down males in nature.

Cat-Woman
Dog-Man

Mansplain it this way to your wife and get a glass thrown at you. heh no, don't do it!

hah

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad