So.. Edmonton has to be the favorites coming out of the west, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I agree tbh, which is why I'm pissed off about this
What're you pissed off about? You said, "they are saying the loser of EDM/CHI won the lottery". It's not functionally possible, since phase 2 of the lottery has not be completed yet, and will not be until the Play-in is finished. No one is posting anything on twitter tomorrow.

It would be absolutely insane to have the draw and leak the results before the play-in round. You'd 100% see teams throw the series if they knew they had Lafreniere waiting

Agreed, it would be impossible to legitimize it. Especially given the fact that it involves the Oilers and a lottery pick

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
What're you pissed off about? You said, "they are saying the loser of EDM/CHI won the lottery". It's not functionally possible, since phase 2 of the lottery has not be completed yet, and will not be until the Play-in is finished. No one is posting anything on twitter tomorrow.

Agreed, it would be impossible to legitimize it. Especially given the fact that it involves the Oilers and a lottery pick
tomorrow will come

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
The idea that we’ll be finding anything out regarding the lottery tomorrow is a bunch of fake news. The play in rounds are not completed. They should do a lottery for all the eliminated teams and announce them the same day. They’ve stuck with that formula for a minute.
27A606AD-CCBA-476F-976C-96226FD02CAC.png

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Seemingly, yes. He did something Chia didn't care to do in four years here, which is look at the roster, see we needed wingers, and went out and got some wingers. Crazy tactic imo

"So what's the plan for fixing the Edmonton roster Mr. Holland?"
"I'm gonna wing it."
:phew:"Dude has an excellent plan!"

:naughty:

Reactions: HabsQC

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
He's practiced hoisting A cup a few times recently, so it's not a huge stretch to imagine. :naughty:

st-petersburgs-goalie-mikko-koskinen-holds-the-khl-gagarin-cup-after-picture-id669910042

I had the same look as the guy to the right when I scrolled past his jersey... I was wondering if that was robot components sticking out.

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
Not sure what you think you're getting at here, but Koskinen is a really, really good goalie. So, yes, I can certainly imagine it.

Granted his numbers in Europe are sparkling, I haven't been that impressed with what I've seen. I'm a Canucks fan, so I've seen a fair bit of him the last couple years.
I personally don't see anywhere close to good enough goaltending coming out of EDM's tandem.

Even Colorado is expecting a big run, but I'm a little concerned about their goaltending too.
Grubauer is not really a Stanley Cup quality goalie...
Francouz? Come on.

I don't see anybody dethroning St. Louis in the West if Binnington plays to his ability.

deeb

Feb 10, 2020
We were talking about Drai not getting respect, I said what I said and then you mentioned the HOF. You very clearly implied Drai was going to be in the HOF, otherwise why would you bring it up?

He could very well end up there and I've made no argument against the idea, but it IS what you implied even if it's not what you directly said.

I just explained to you why I brought it up. It's a comparison of the same lack of logic you claim is rampent here.

Do you always just randomly spew nonsense after clicking the "reply" button or actually read the post your replying to first?

Admiral Awesome

Jun 8, 2015
Granted his numbers in Europe are sparkling, I haven't been that impressed with what I've seen. I'm a Canucks fan, so I've seen a fair bit of him the last couple years.
I personally don't see anywhere close to good enough goaltending coming out of EDM's tandem.

Even Colorado is expecting a big run, but I'm a little concerned about their goaltending too.
Grubauer is not really a Stanley Cup quality goalie...
Francouz? Come on.

I don't see anybody dethroning St. Louis in the West if Binnington plays to his ability.

To be fair, who saw Binnington as a Stanley Cup quality goalie 9 months ago?

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I just explained to you why I brought it up. It's a comparison of the same lack of logic you claim is rampent here.

Do you always just randomly spew nonsense after clicking the "reply" button or actually read the post your replying to first?

Not trying to be a dick, is English your 1st language? You brought the HOF up out of no where.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad