Not open for further replies.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
giphy.gif

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
They can't come out the way they did in Montreal and expect to win this game.

I think the "spoiler" aspect is a bit overblown on the Rags' part, but I do think their speed and skill in recent call-ups could catch us off-guard. It should be a very good game.

Rags indeed still have speed up and down their lineup and for the most part, they do still compete. Kind of worried about Lundqvist being on a roll as he stopped 40-41 vs Carolina. If he's his old self it won't matter how well we play.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
There are so many good Gordon Ramsay gifs if things go badly. Let's just hope we don't need to use all of them tonight.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
lovejoy still in over severson? jesus christ. ive steered clear of harping on lineup decisions but that is just flat out pitiful. just shouldn't happen, especially now. i usually try to think of justifiable reasons and give the benefit of the doubt, but there arent any for this nonsense.

Last edited:

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
lovejoy still in over severson? jesus christ. ive steered clear of harping on lineup decisions but that is just flat out pitiful. just shouldn't happen, especially now. i usually try to think of justifiable reasons and give the benefit of the doubt, but there arent any for this nonsense.
It's so stupid. Good lord Hynes. Now is not the time to play these games. I get sending him a message with one game, but this is awful. He's critical to our offense. We were terrible last game when Lovejoy was on the ice.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I’m not a huge Lovejoy fan but let’s face it, the vet who doesn’t make stupid mistakes is going to play over the kid who does in a big spot. Sevs pretty much earned a multiple game benching or at best demotion to the third pairing, he wasn’t just bad for one or two games - he’s been bad for a string of then.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I’m not a huge Lovejoy fan but let’s face it, the vet who doesn’t make stupid mistakes is going to play over the kid who does in a big spot. Sevs pretty much earned a multiple game benching or at best demotion to the third pairing, he wasn’t just bad for one or two games - he’s been bad for a string of then.
The game Lovejoy just had was anemic. We were pinned in the dzone every time he was out there and created no offense at all. This move does not increase our chances of winning.

DevilsFan1027

Aug 3, 2016
Would love to see Grabner pot a few against his old team tonight. All we have to do is take care of business. Focus on the Rags, get at least one point (but love to see us get both), and keep the pressure on the Panthers. Florida's next 4 games are against Nashville tonight, Buffalo, and two against Boston. That's a tough schedule for them.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Crosschecking a Canadiens forward in the face, while already down a man, in a game in which you're fighting for your playoff lives isn't a stupid mistake?

Reactions: sattar18

sattar18

Mar 24, 2007

I could totally understand if Lovejoy was that vet who didn't make stupid mistakes but unfortunately he make his fair share without contributing anything to the offensive side.

With that said, i'm totally fine with Severson being out of the game and resting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad