So before the sky falls competely in leaf land.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
Therefore noone should criticize (even if some expected the team to be improved at least). Just accept it :help:

Criticism is always welcome here, and certainly no shortage of it. Its the chicken littles and overly dramatic posts that are what makes this board hard to be a part of.

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
1)play it out
2)wait until next season
3)try to hire babcock/ blashill or a mcclellan type
4)get rid of players who won't play the new system.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
1)play it out
2)wait until next season
3)try to hire babcock/ blashill or a mcclellan type
4)get rid of players who won't play the new system.

Shero/Bylsma combo is sitting out there.

I'd give them both long term contracts 4-5 years and let them build a team with no consequences for the first 3/4

silentbob37*

Shero/Bylsma combo is sitting out there.

I'd give them both long term contracts 4-5 years and let them build a team with no consequences for the first 3/4

I think they are waiting for Babcock, which I'm fine with as long as they don't try to force this group on him, but start over from scratch and build a/the team Babcock wants.

He going to be a 4-6 million dollar a year coach, for that much money he should act almost like an assistant GM as well.

studebaker17

Jan 24, 2010
I think they are waiting for Babcock, which I'm fine with as long as they don't try to force this group on him, but start over from scratch and build a/the team Babcock wants.

He going to be a 4-6 million dollar a year coach, for that much money he should act almost like an assistant GM as well.

Kind of an odd way to go about it. it's a lot easier to get a coach who fits the players then a team of players who will fit the coach. I can see him having a say in available players but most coaches already have some input for pro player decisions. As far as drafting he might want to guide the scouting dept on his likes but outside of that he shouldn't be making any decisions on drafting players nor is there any evidence he would be good on making decisions like that. He's been a great coach coaching some great players but they were provided for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad