So...any plans for summer?

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
Moving into a new place, training for the Canes 5k in September (along with strength training), and some travel

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I might try running across the country this summer, no reason behind it just run. Maybe I'll gain some followers.

Then when I get tired I will announce that I'm pretty tired and would like to go home now, will probably do this somewhere out in the Arizona desert, somewhere really remote.

Who wants to join me? :laugh:

Penaltykiller17

Apr 21, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Finishing my degree. Then will go to Los Angeles, depending on if I can score tickets to this tv show. Otherwise I may go to New York with a friend.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Also, I forgot to mention that I will go to the Stampede, get drunk, fall off of Calgary's historic mechanical bull at least once, see if this is finally the year I can work up the courage to try the zipline, and try to pick up at least one female dressed as a cowgirl, who most likely has never even set foot on a farm.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
I've been going fishing a bunch. Caught my first redfish and now I have another expensive hobby to add to my list.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
We go to Sunset Beach. It's nice, much easier to get on and off the island now that the drawbridge is gone. A lot of new development has been built in that time.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
We go to Sunset Beach. It's nice, much easier to get on and off the island now that the drawbridge is gone. A lot of new development has been built in that time.

The new bridge is one of the main reasons we stopped going to Sunset. We went every summer for about 15 years, until last year. The draw/swinging bridge was great since it kept most day trippers off the island. It started getting more populated (in particular with the Myrtle Beach types) and not what it used to be. Switched to OIB last year and will likely continue.

HisIceness

Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
The new bridge is one of the main reasons we stopped going to Sunset. We went every summer for about 15 years, until last year. The draw/swinging bridge was great since it kept most day trippers off the island. It started getting more populated (in particular with the Myrtle Beach types) and not what it used to be. Switched to OIB last year and will likely continue.

The town had to replace that bridge though. It was getting to the point where it would malfunction during opening and closing. 10 years ago we were the first in line off the island when they opened it for a commercial barge, and it wouldn't close back for like an hour. You can't have that happen when emergency crews need to get on and off the island to save lives. IIRC the fire at the Ocean Isle Beach home that killed 7 students from USC in 2007 more or less pressed the town or the state to build a replacement bridge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad