So...any plans for summer?

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
cheap beer and even cheaper women. nothing below a 6 tho. I have a feeling I am going to have my work cut out for me
Is the 6 the before or after consuming the cheap beer? :D

Keep in mind there is an inverse relationship between your cheap beer's ABV and your women's rating numbers.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
If all goes well, spending a month or so up north this summer on some property we bought. I won't ever move back up there full time, but looking forward to 80 degree days with little humidity and 55 degree nights.

A trip to Asheville as well, but probably late summer or fall for that one.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
If all goes well, spending a month or so up north this summer on some property we bought. I won't ever move back up there full time, but looking forward to 80 degree days with little humidity and 55 degree nights.

A trip to Asheville as well, but probably late summer or fall for that one.

I have an ex from Maine whose family has a lake house up there (or "camp", as they called it). Giving up the chance to go there in the summer and escape the NC heat was probably the hardest part about breaking up with her.

As for me, nothing yet other than a bunch of DIY stuff on our new-to-us house. We should probably take a trip somewhere once all the dust settles. Moving is a pain.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Going to Cincinnati and Columbus to visit the wife's family. Also going to catch the Mariners playing the Reds a couple of games.

June is my family's annual Outer Banks beach house week.

Late July/Early August, heading up to New York for a week.

Hockeywatching

May 9, 2015
Visiting San Jose first week of June. I can't afford to go to a SCF game in San Jose, but it sure would be cool to be in the city during it, provided the sharks come out of the west.

On that note the Preds better win another game so I can go to Game 6 when I'm finally back home in TN this weekend.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Yearly family beach trip to OIB in July. After 16 years of going to Sunset, we migrated up to OIB last year and will probably continue forward. Terrible decision to do away with the swinging bridge, brought in way too much rift raft day trippers. Hopefully now that my parents are retired, our talks of all 4 families going in on buying a house will ramp up.

And like BBA, hopefully a trip to Asheville in late summer.

DaleCooper

NEVER 4GET
Aug 2, 2005
Brooklyn
www.jonathanhawkins.net
I'm actually usually all about meeting up with random folks (met up with an HFer in Hong Kong last year in fact) but this trip is with a lady friend so I don't think I'll be able to get away with "hey can we go hang out with someone from a hockey website" this time around. Definitely up for any recommendations you have though!

Lucky Lindy

Jun 24, 2012
Stockholm
I'm actually usually all about meeting up with random folks (met up with an HFer in Hong Kong last year in fact) but this trip is with a lady friend so I don't think I'll be able to get away with "hey can we go hang out with someone from a hockey website" this time around. Definitely up for any recommendations you have though!

Too bad! But of course you have to spend time with her instead of me! :laugh:

Depends on your interests, but there is much history in Stockholm. Both in the city and lots of museums. There is also the opportunity to go see some animals (and more history) at Skansen and go to a theme park at Gröna Lund. And more of course.

Gamla Stan (Old town) is a nice part of the city to walk through. The Royal Castle and the Parliament House is there as well. The district is from the 11th century and in the middle of the city.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013

Oh come on, I'm sure your mom would understand :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad