OT: Snowstorm in New-Brunswick/maritimes

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
It wasnt bad in Fredericton tbh, could have been worse... IT also helps that I live by the hospital/campus so it's pretty plowed lol

Moncton is where I'm from though and my parents said it was awful there. Can't even get to their car still.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
In Montreal, we don't seem to get the big storms anymore. Besides the big one we got on Dec 27th, 2012 (which was a little out of the blue as they said we would get 20cm and we ended up getting like 45 cm. Most of the "big storms" we get now are 20-30 cm and even those we don't get often. What's the biggest snowfall we've had this winter so far? 15-20 cm max? Lots of 5-10 cm.

Hang in there guys!

mark24

Jun 17, 2013
Wait, you guys really got 50 cm? Well, I thought the report from Greenwood was suspicious... Amazing.

I'm about 10 mins from Greenwood, think we got 56 cm. It sucks I've got drifts over half way up my house. Nearly 5 hours to clean out the driveway.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
It's still going! We are up to 70 cm here, search #pei #peistorm #pestorm on twitter to get the pics.

That's depressing, we only got 10-15 centimeters here in Antigonish but we recieved 5 hours of rain and the temperatures have dropped to -12 overnight and has frozen the whole mess like concrete. The winds are gusting between 70-110 kmph, lots of fun and luckily we still have power.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Which part of nfld are you from?

From the southern part of the province. It was calling for 25-30 cm of snow but we got maybe 10 cm before it changed to fairly heavy rain along with very high winds. It's -6 here now with occasional snow flurries.

Nova_Scotia_Vees

Jun 1, 2004
Just outside Halifax here and we got hit pretty hard..Haven't lost power yet this year so i'm grateful for that.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Did he lose PEI yet? The island is probably drifting away with the ice lol.

Freddy was okay. The highway was really icy this morning though, and I would get the occasional cross wind. Apparently a bunch of trucks were abandoned on the Trans Canada highway near Moncton or Salisbury, and the road from Moncton to PEI is still closed today. That's where two guys were stranded in a car for hours yesterday...

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Just outside Halifax here and we got hit pretty hard..Haven't lost power yet this year so i'm grateful for that.

I'm just outside Halifax, too (toward the airport), and I couldn't believe people in town were talking about rain, puddles, floods, etc. Out here it never even came close to rain/ice - straight up snow the whole time and -8. Probably why we didn't lose power or anything, though the winds were still pretty high. Easily more than two feet of snow covering everything now, and I'll just be getting the driveway dug out this afternoon, lol.

Hopzilla

Apr 29, 2013
As someone who works as an actuary (insurance pricing) for the Atlantic region... This disturbs me!

Last 2 winters were already pretty brutal for you guys (and our results!).

Stay safe!

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
As someone who works as an actuary (insurance pricing) for the Atlantic region... This disturbs me!

Last 2 winters were already pretty brutal for you guys (and our results!).

Stay safe!

If this was last year, Halifax would have gotten snow, freezing rain, then lots of rain, Saint-John with lots of freezing rain, and Fredericton mostly snow and ice pellets. This past few weeks have been so cold... Cold enough to support blizzards.

Oct 22, 2012
Total count I think is around 80cm on pei!

Still no snow plows, most govt offices and schools have already announced closures tomorrow for cleanup.

stubbadub

Jul 12, 2009
Nova Scotia
open.spotify.com
If it weren't for the holiday, the entire city of Halifax/Dartmouth will be screwed. Most of the roads have an inch and a half of pure ice on them with no signs of warming up. When it melts, we'll be screwed as well.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
From the southern part of the province. It was calling for 25-30 cm of snow but we got maybe 10 cm before it changed to fairly heavy rain along with very high winds. It's -6 here now with occasional snow flurries.

I am originally from north eastern nfld, been living in NS for 20 years, get home at least twice a year for some good parties and family time.

Oct 22, 2012
Move to the island they said, mild winters they said. Come on with summer, pants shall not be worn not a day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad