OT: Snowstorm in New-Brunswick/maritimes

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Hey, anyone else in the maritimes?

They said we were going to get a 30-40cm snowstorm, which is downright demented in itself for someone from Montreal like me, but as it stands there's no way it's under 50cm.

I tried walking out earlier and when I opened the door I had snow up to my belt. The place is empty, it's a ghostown. I can't even see my car, it's entirely buried in snow from only a days worth.

And it's -30 with 80+km/h winds on top of that!!!

Last edited:

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Hey, anyone else in the maritimes?

They said between we were going to get a 30-40cm snowstorm, which is downright demented in itself for someone from Montreal like me, but as it stands there's no way it's under 50cm.

I tried walking out earlier and when I opened the door I had snow up to my belt. The place is empty, it's a ghostown. I can't even see my car, it's entirely buried in snow from only a days worth.

And it's -30 with 80+km/h winds on top of that!!!

...yeah, we've been getting crapped on pretty much all day here in Pictou County...20 cm of snow this morning, then it rained/freezing rain on and off all afternoon, and now it's more snow and howling winds...and I gotta work tomorrow (on the holiday, dammit) at 6 a.m....luv Old Man Winter, I does...reminds me of Therrien's lines; FUBAR...:laugh:

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Where are you in the Maritimes? Because it varies. Fredericton got around 30 cm, similar amounts for St-John, and Moncton got destroyed with another 50 cm.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Where are you in the Maritimes? Because it varies. Fredericton got around 30 cm, similar amounts for St-John, and Moncton got destroyed with another 50 cm.

Moncton. Yeah, we got our ***** handed to us today. I've never seen anything like the last two weeks, it looks like it came straight from Game of Thrones.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I'm in Newfoundland and we have 100 km/h (with gusts to 120+ km/h) winds and heavy rain.

Man I can't imagine how you're getting rain, when we're getting -30degrees. I think I'd rather have the snow than see the already 1m of snow turn to ice tommorow. Good luck to you guys... hopefully not too many people went on the roads today.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Man I can't imagine how you're getting rain, when we're getting -30degrees. I think I'd rather have the snow than see the already 1m of snow turn to ice tommorow. Good luck to you guys... hopefully not too many people went on the roads today.

It's 2 degrees here right now. We had a little snow earlier but it turned to rain rather quickly. Crazy weather.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL

Oh, I know why :laugh:

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
Yep. Got stuck on the road coming back from work. Crashing my Jeep through mountains of snow only got me so far. Never made it back to my house. Tow trucks refused to come out. Coworkers pulled me out with a rope. Sleeping on someone's couch tonight! Thank you, NB.

Prairie Spitfire

Jul 22, 2013
Dieppe, NB
I live in Dieppe, NB, and the storm has shut down the whole town. My brother went off to work at 6am and he got snowed in at the hotel (where he works). He's stuck overnight and probably for most of tomorrow too. There are no roads, no sidewalks, just snow up to your thighs. Cabin-fever is setting in. Running low on #stormchips. Send help...

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Yep. Got stuck on the road coming back from work. Crashing my Jeep through mountains of snow only got me so far. Never made it back to my house. Tow trucks refused to come out. Coworkers pulled me out with a rope. Sleeping on someone's couch tonight! Thank you, NB.

You're welcome.

Someone has to tell me how #stormchips got viral...

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
You're welcome.

Someone has to tell me how #stormchips got viral...

It's a maritime thing. On saturday everyone was stocking up on chips and snacks at costco, they were even talking about what snacks they were going to get on the days leading up to the storm.

Oct 22, 2012
Total was around 55 cm at 5 pm for us in Charlottetown. It eased off for a bit so I shoveled out the door and a small path around the car that took about 2 hours to do. Now another 10-15 before tomorrow and the wind is picking up. Time for another drink!

68*

Pics? I wish we could get a storm like that here. I need some days off to study.

Pricef*

This has to be MT's fault somehow. Could someone please research it and get back to us? :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad