Post-Game Talk: Snow

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
you need to have crisp puck movement to play well against the teams like Colorado.

You need strong tactics and X's and O's to have good puck/player movement. We dont have anything resembling we practice.

I get owning the boards and getting the puck deep. That's great. That's foundational. But it's about to be 2023... The game has changed. It's more about puck movement, tactics and X's and O's. We're behind the curve.
Freddy Shero was giving a lecture to roomful of Russian coaches back in the 70's. Someone asked his a question. "Could you tell us the secret behind the Boston Bruins break out?" His answer was, "Bobby Orr".
I've said this time and again, we aren't behind the curve regarding systems. Maybe use of personnel, but not systems. Any system being used in the NHL can work given the right personnel.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Freddy Shero was giving a lecture to roomful of Russian coaches back in the 70's. Someone asked his a question. "Could you tell us the secret behind the Boston Bruins break out?" His answer was, "Bobby Orr".
I've said this time and again, we aren't behind the curve regarding systems. Maybe use of personnel, but not systems. Any system being used in the NHL can work given the right personnel.
Conversely, our coaching staff has not done a great job adjusting to the lack of speed of the teams' personnel. Or maybe the team continues to tune them out thinking they are entirely more skilled than they actually are.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Conversely, our coaching staff has not done a great job adjusting to the lack of speed of the teams' personnel. Or maybe the team continues to tune them out thinking they are entirely more skilled than they actually are.
Definitely not dismissing the team not being in tune with the staff. I'm not in the room, so I don't know.
Speed isn't something we can manufacture. Hopefully, when the ice shrinks in the playoffs, it becomes less of a factor.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016

I dont think we are a slow team if the players are used correctly. If you look at our new first line its gotten faster even if the players themselves aren't faster, ie Kreider is faster than Laf, Vesey and Kakko is a wash, that line moves faster now though. I think adding Goodrow to the second line has slowed it down. If the pieces are arranged well the team isn't slow. Our 4th line when Goodrow was on it wasn't exactly a model of speed but Blais, Goodrow and Gauthier played to their strength and got in on the forecheck and they were an effective line because they played to their strengths. Our biggest problem is the unwillingness to put faith in the players that are the key to this team becoming great, Lafreniere, Kakko, Chytil Kravtsov, Miller, Schneider.

Reactions: CLW

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I get them in bulk from a distributor since I'm buying them for a business - so those aren't the prices I'm paying.
But that's the price per unit you're charging at the point of sale, I bet lol

Maybe for our next meet up should go to a nice pizza/restaurant type place then go to a bar for the game.
CPK for you lol

• Haha
Reactions: Leonardo87

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
we are behind the curve IMO

Our tactics and x's and o's are behind the curve. I don't want to throw away rudimentary hockey but add another dimension to it. You'd be hardpressed to win in the NHL playing one way IMO ( unless you're leaps and bounds better than the others ). We need to adapt/grow and that's our weakness.

In MMA you need to be well rounded in all regards to be and maintain Championships. The game has changed/advanced. Striking, Grappling and Wrestling. I see similar aspects in hockey. Right now we only have Wrestling. I'd like to improve our striking and grappling... figuratively speaking. We need to add another elements to our game and develop different approaches.

Last edited:
Reactions: CLW

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Pizza Hut > CPK

By a lot. It's not even close.

The worst pizza I think I've ever had was in Delaware. It tasted like Muenster cheese on stale dough with red food coloring left under heat lamps for about 7 hours.
I don't know if you can rate either as really edible on the pizza scale. However, I've only had CPK once, so I can't recall HOW bad it was, just remember it was bad enough that I never needed to make that mistake again. Had the same experience at Olive Garden when I was in the middle of nowhere California one night. Will never do that again.

Worst pizza I've had is too tough to call. One that stands out was in some tiny town in Michigan visiting a buddy. They claimed it was Detroit Style, which at that time I had heard about but never had. Unfortunately it just tasted like grease on casserole crust with ketchup for pizza sauce.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I don't know if you can rate either as really edible on the pizza scale. However, I've only had CPK once, so I can't recall HOW bad it was, just remember it was bad enough that I never needed to make that mistake again. Had the same experience at Olive Garden when I was in the middle of nowhere California one night. Will never do that again.

Worst pizza I've had is too tough to call. One that stands out was in some tiny town in Michigan visiting a buddy. They claimed it was Detroit Style, which at that time I had heard about but never had. Unfortunately it just tasted like grease on casserole crust with ketchup for pizza sauce.
Did you see my "Slice of Chicago" pizza? That was the worst one I've ever had, if you've had Canadian pizza you'd understand why I eat Pizza Hut.
V0NQ2RH.jpg

PNvZ5u9.jpg

UwfqV6g.jpg

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Did you see my "Slice of Chicago" pizza? That was the worst one I've ever had, if you've had Canadian pizza you'd understand why I eat Pizza Hut.
V0NQ2RH.jpg

PNvZ5u9.jpg

UwfqV6g.jpg
Chicago pizza shouldn't allowed be to called pizza. There needs to be a rule like Champagne has to follow....Should be referred to as Chicago casserole.

I understand your point about bad local pizza, but you posted some very decent looking NY style pizza a month or so ago. That should be your go-to.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
But that's the price per unit you're charging at the point of sale, I bet lol
Actually not. We make money on ticket sales, drinks, classes and workshops. The food is there to satisfy a legal requirement. My food cost for the pizza is about 50% - normally in restaurants it should hover around 30% (and actually WAY below 30% for something like pizza) so I'm not really looking to make much of a profit off of food - especially since we serve so little of it. Popcorn on the other hand, is basically printing your own money.

Last edited:
Reactions: will1066

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Actually not. We make money on ticket sales, drinks, classes and workshops. The food is there to satisfy a legal requirement. My food cost for the pizza is about 50% - normally in restaurants it should hover around 30% so I'm not really looking to make much of a profit off of food - especially since we serve so little of it. Popcorn on the other hand, is basically printing your own money.
Did you change your username recently?? Were you "ohthatwasvesey" or something? Someone should send out a memo so I can keep up.

Reactions: TheDirtyH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad