TV: SNL: Season 45 Murphy to Host: Shane Gilis hired/fired

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I THOUGHT he had appeared on SNL in the last couple years.

Guess I was wrong.

Either way... meh.

Reactions: holy

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Just saw this in a release.

He has had a massive love/hate with show that git exacerbated by comments by David Spade years ago.

Will be interesting if he actually hosts it or pulls out
What a queen lol.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
It's apparently by her choice. Didn't realize that she's been on for 5 seasons.

I know she's not that well liked around here, but, she's among the most recognizable cast members they've had in years.

Im in the same boat. I feel like many have just joined or are fairly new. Then you realize that Pete Davidson has been on the show since 2014 and Cecily Strong is entering her 7th season.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Well he does have a movie coming out next year. Makes sense for him to be hosting.

Sep 19, 2008
Things not going great for Shane Gillis apparently.
I wouldn't worry about it. You think SNL knew before hand about his history? They probably knew and were fine with it.

All this outrage over things people said in the past is stupid. It ruined Kevin Hart's shot at the Oscars.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
It's apparently by her choice. Didn't realize that she's been on for 5 seasons.

I know she's not that well liked around here, but, she's among the most recognizable cast members they've had in years.

She was funny at first, but she only had 1 note that she could play and it grew old. She wasn't good at sketches either.

Reactions: Kurtz

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about it. You think SNL knew before hand about his history? They probably knew and were fine with it.

All this outrage over things people said in the past is stupid. It ruined Kevin Hart's shot at the Oscars.

Maybe it does blow over, but, dropping a pretty offensive racial slur seems significant.

You seem to be more aware of this comedian than I am, so maybe this is an anomaly and was part of a character he was doing, but as a visible minority, I feel I have every right to be offended by someone using racial slurs in that capacity.

Reactions: glovesave_35
Jan 9, 2007
Australia
If it was any other minority than Asian it would be a bigger deal. Replace what he said with the N word and he would be out already.

I don't know anything about this dude btw. Just a general observation.

Reactions: discostu

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
In SNL related news - ABC will air " The Last Days of Phil Hartman " next Thursday.

from abc.go.com:

ABC News presents a two-hour television event on the life and tragic death of legendary actor Phil Hartman, killed by his wife, Brynn Hartman, airing Thursday, Sept. 19. The prime-time news special features an exclusive interview With Brynn's brother, Gregory Omdahl and never-before-seen interview with Phil and exclusive Hartman family home videos. 'The Last Days of Phil Hartman' airs Thursday, Sept. 19 (9:00 – 11:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC.

abc_tldo_philhartman_ep01.jpg

Phil Hartman is best known for his iconic impersonations of Bill Clinton in countless "Saturday Night Live" skits, voicing Troy McClure on "The Simpsons" and starring in the sitcom "NewsRadio." Despite his professional success, Hartman's personal life was far from perfect. In the early hours of May 28, 1998, Phil's wife, Brynn, fatally shot him before she died by suicide. Now, over 20 years after their deaths, a two-hour ABC News television event details Phil's life, legacy and tragic murder. The news special features an exclusive interview with Gregory Omdahl, Brynn's brother, speaking out to set the record straight about his sister; exclusive Hartman family home videos that give a rare look into the lives of one of Hollywood's most intriguing couples; and a never-before-seen interview with Phil.

Full story: The Last Days of Phil Hartman airs Thursday, September 19 on ABC | ABC Updates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad