GDT: Snake Plissken (Blues hockey)? I heard you were dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I couldn't tell you, I didn't notice the entire bottom 6... I noticed walker with Walman once, and I notice Toro when he got the penalty.
I noticed Bozo and Brown from time to time. Toro for his penalty. Walker made a nice play defensively late in 3rd. Otherwise, it was all top 6. But that dropoff isn't really surprising when we have 4 of our top 10 forwards out.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
6f6.gif

This is gonna be a fun ride, one way or the other. :yo: :blues :heart:

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
I think berube deserves a ton of credit to keep the team focused and chugging along with all the injuries, covid stuff, etc.

This season is Berube's finest work, even better than the Cup year. He is an outstanding coach and could be here for many more years.

Give the man a contract.

Reactions: CoMoBlues

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
This might have been best game Tank played in 3+ years.

I think you are right, he's playing like a true leader right now. His line has been driving the offense for about three weeks right now and they also played solid defensively. The ROR line pretty much shut down McDavid but the whole team played well at both ends of the ice. The puck movement is excellent and everyone is supporting each other and playing as a five man unit.

And let's give Binner credit as well for holding down the fort and looking like a true #1.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I noticed Bozo and Brown from time to time. Toro for his penalty. Walker made a nice play defensively late in 3rd. Otherwise, it was all top 6. But that dropoff isn't really surprising when we have 4 of our top 10 forwards out.
The Tarasenko, Thomas, and Kyrou Line looked spectacular. Maybe Berube should keep them together even after everyone is back, even if it will mean unbalanced lines.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I vote for labeling GDTs as GDTs. This "creative" thread naming lost me the opportunity to post during the game. It was great to see The Blues come out of the break with a strong game, and especially to see The Tarasenko-Thomas-Kyrou line play so well. I hope Binnington can get into a better groove soon. But, with their awesome depth, The Blues look like a Stanley Cup Contender again. The team defence seems to be coming around.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I was one of those during the summer who didn't care if Tank walked.

He proved me wrong. He's at the top of his game now. All around good, not just sniping from selected positions.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
That feels more like what you want in a defensive defenseman than a power forward.
Absolutely, and I hope he can have more impact offensively, but it was good that he wasn't a liability on the ice last night. Him being adequate defensively will go a long way to him sticking in the lineup, and maybe the offense comes eventually.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
The Scandella dilemma, it’s better to be invisible over being noticeable in a bad way.
I was thinking the exact same thing. Kostin made me notice him once when he busted in for a scoring chance. Otherwise, it is a very good thing that he was unnoticeable. He plays out of himself too often.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I vote for labeling GDTs as GDTs. This "creative" thread naming lost me the opportunity to post during the game. It was great to see The Blues come out of the break with a strong game, and especially to see The Tarasenko-Thomas-Kyrou line play so well. I hope Binnington can get into a better groove soon. But, with their awesome depth, The Blues look like a Stanley Cup Contender again. The team defence seems to be coming around.
I DID label it as a GDT.

Don’t worry, I don’t usually start them, and I probably won’t do it again. I was just going for a little Covid humor combined with the traditional half-assed style around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad