Smurfs are back!

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Gio, Pleks, DD, and Bouillon (maybe add Gally to that stat) will bring down any average significantly.

Plekanec should have no impact on Ht and Wt he's listed at 5'11" and 198lbs. Bouiilon is 201lbs so he wouldn't affect Wt.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
At some point we will need to improve in size and skill om Gionta and Plekanec if we hope to one day be a cup contender.

PunkinDrublic*

At some point we will need to improve in size and skill om Gionta and Plekanec if we hope to one day be a cup contender.

Or we could wait till the Nords come back and you could micro manage them instead ?

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
San Jose are first up front... but dead last in grit with Thornton, Marleau and Havlat...

But I do agree that ideally we should be a little bigger (and espacially more talented, which doesn't always go hand in hand).

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
San Jose are first up front... but dead last in grit with Thornton, Marleau and Havlat...

But I do agree that ideally we should be a little bigger (and espacially more talented, which doesn't always go hand in hand).

You can do that thrue the draft, hence why i hope we tank this year

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
So throught your thought process, Drouin is out of the question right ?:laugh:

lol interesting thought process

I like the way you think

That being said, someone's looking to improve on Plekanec and Gionta's skill? Two of the hardest working "skilled" guys on the team?

Milbury would make a better GM than some of the posters here

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
So throught your thought process, Drouin is out of the question right ?:laugh:

Well i would prefer Aleksander Barkov 6'3'' center. LA was one of the biggest team last year and they won. Size helps you get the puck in front of the net and in the corners. It also makes it harder for teams to get to your net. Why do you think every NHL teams want to get bigger?

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
lol interesting thought process

I like the way you think

That being said, someone's looking to improve on Plekanec and Gionta's skill? Two of the hardest working "skilled" guys on the team?

Milbury would make a better GM than some of the posters here

There are actually better NHL player at that position... :help:

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
There are actually better NHL player at that position... :help:

and in one fell swoop we can get them all?
It's a long process and sometimes you have to settle
a free agent class is what it is, you target the best of what's available and then you move to drafting and hope your picks pan out.

I hate to tell you it doesn't always work out. but to get on guys like Plekanec and Gionta who work hard just because of their size shows flashes of ignorance and a misunderstanding of the process.

There are 4 kinds of players:
Guys who elevate everyone around them
Guys who need some talent around them to produce to their capability
Guys who are what they are, ie/ hard working grit guys with defined roles
and finally guys who are on the bubble and fill a role or spot until we get better.

Pleks and Gio are from the 2nd tier - wish we had a couple more

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
and in one fell swoop we can get them all?
It's a long process and sometimes you have to settle
a free agent class is what it is, you target the best of what's available and then you move to drafting and hope your picks pan out.

I hate to tell you it doesn't always work out. but to get on guys like Plekanec and Gionta who work hard just because of their size shows flashes of ignorance and a misunderstanding of the process.

There are 4 kinds of players:
Guys who elevate everyone around them
Guys who need some talent around them to produce to their capability
Guys who are what they are, ie/ hard working grit guys with defined roles
and finally guys who are on the bubble and fill a role or spot until we get better.

Pleks and Gio are from the 2nd tier - wish we had a couple more

You cant have both Plekanec and Gionta on your second line and hope to be a contender. And they are two small to be third or fourth line players, hence why at some they will have to go, or else no cup for us. Not accepting this is a sign of low hockey IQ.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
You cant have both Plekanec and Gionta on your second line and hope to be a contender. And they are two small to be third or fourth line players, hence why at some they will have to go, or else no cup for us. Not accepting this is a sign of low hockey IQ.

Sure you can, how bout you put a big power forward with them?
Let's say Cole!
Or are you against balancing lines so the other smurf we have called Desharnais remains insulated with our two power forwards on his wings?
Let's dump all 3 to get bigger shall we? Since we're only good enough for the basement with Desharnais Plekanec and Gionta, we trade them all get bigger and do better, cuz it can't get any worse!

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Sure you can, how bout you put a big power forward with them?
Let's say Cole!
Or are you against balancing lines so the other smurf we have called Desharnais remains insulated with our two power forwards on his wings?
Let's dump all 3 to get bigger shall we? Since we're only good enough for the basement with Desharnais Plekanec and Gionta, we trade them all get bigger and do better, cuz it can't get any worse!

Well this team will need to improve on these guys, wether we are in love with them or not.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Well this team will need to improve on these guys, wether we are in love with them or not.

Right, just like Boston needs to upgrade on Krejci and Marchand...oh wait.

Really though, these numbers are skewed by having Gallagher AND Gionta on the roster (going forward, we will likely have one of the two) and by essentially replacing Gill with Bouillon.

I do agree that we could use one more player with size that can score in our top 6, but those don't exactly become available often.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I worry more about the fact the average weight is not even over 200lbs. I don't really care about the height.

Finally, someone posted the real issue. Who cares about the height when there is no weight behind it? I think the size/weight issue will be resolved after this season once the new GM gets his hands on the team for a bit.

Oh, and Seth Jones will help our stats on the blueline if the tank goes as it should.

guapo23

Sep 30, 2005
The team is way grittier and has added a lot of size over the last few years.
They are hardly smurfs.

Forwards :

Cole 6'2, 205
Pacioretty 6'2, 196
Prust 6'0, 192
Armstrong 6'2, 195
Blunden 6'4, 215
Nokelainen 6'1, 202
White 6'0, 193
Moen 6'2, 215
Bourque 6'2, 211
Eller 6'2, 198
Galchenyuk 6'1, 198

Defenseman :

Emelin 6'2, 223
Bouillon - not big but very tough

Besides Subban, the rest of the D is not necessarily very physical but are between 5'11 - 6'1, 190 - 214.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Right, just like Boston needs to upgrade on Krejci and Marchand...oh wait.

Really though, these numbers are skewed by having Gallagher AND Gionta on the roster (going forward, we will likely have one of the two) and by essentially replacing Gill with Bouillon.

I do agree that we could use one more player with size that can score in our top 6, but those don't exactly become available often.

Marchand is pretty physical though. Gio is hard working but not someone that is the least physical.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad