Smurfs are back!

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Nevermind the usual suspects forwards, we're not the biggest on D also. I would have gotten and pick up a Sutton rather than Bouillon last summer.

MathMan

Jan 20, 2006
Look at where the Big Bad Bruins sit on that list. The Broad Street Bullies are tank and lanky, too.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Sutton can't play hockey for **** but I'm not an expert so who knows?

As for the smurf-ness, I respectfully disagree. The pisspoor hockey we played under that gremlin Jacques Martin was smurf hockey, with cowards like Spacek and Hamrlik front and centre, refusing to take the body or clear the crease... It got to the point that Price tried to fight that Blues player on his own.

Now we have Prust, Armstrong, Subban, Bourque, Pacioretty, Cole, Emelin, White and Moen who are all tough customers. I'm not worried at all, in fact we might be the bullies this time around.

domdo345

Jun 4, 2008
1 inch under the average, less than 2 under the highest average in height. 6 lbs under average and 13 lbs under highest average in weight. Blues, who are poised to be cup contenders, are .5 inches higher on average. Ranks doesn't mean **** when the spread is so small. Replace Bouillon with Tinordi and we probably gain a few ranks on one player. Is Tinordi that much more physical than Bouillon? Maybe in the future but not yet.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
It's no surprise - we are brought down by having a very small bench. Remove Gallagher or add someone Gill sized and suddenly we are middle of the road. Really it means very little.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
Tinordi 6'6"
Beaulieu 6'2"
Ellis 6'1"
Commodore 6'4"

Are all on the farm and on the way, except for Commodore who's there as insurance for this year. That doesn't include the guys we have in junior

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
If anything, I wonder if a guy like Colin White would've made a better insurance policy than Commodore.

paddy

Aug 2, 2005
Gio, Pleks, DD, and Bouillon (maybe add Gally to that stat) will bring down any average significantly.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Gio, Pleks, DD, and Bouillon (maybe add Gally to that stat) will bring down any average significantly.

Plekanec is 5'11", he's just below the team average so I don't see how that brings it down significantly. He's closer to 6'1" than he is to Gionta and Desharnais' 5'7". It's Gionta, DD, Gallagher and Boullion distorting the numbers, especially since we don't have any Gill types to balance it out. If the Habs and the Rags traded Desharnais for Boyle, suddenly both are closer to league average.

Not all "smurfs" are the same. ;)

68*

Yeah but they are probably using the weights on NHL.com that have not been updated in like 3 years. Pacioretty is probably 220 now, Subban must weigh more than 210 now, Eller is probably 210 now, etc.

They also included players like Gallagher that won't stay on the team anyway.

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
Yeah but they are probably using the weights on NHL.com that have not been updated in like 3 years. Pacioretty is probably 220 now, Subban must weigh more than 210 now, Eller is probably 210 now, etc.

They also included players like Gallagher that won't stay on the team anyway.

I really hope so. Height tends to be overrated. A 5'11 210lbs player would generally be tougher to push around than a 6'3'' 190lbs player.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Nevermind the usual suspects forwards, we're not the biggest on D also. I would have gotten and pick up a Sutton rather than Bouillon last summer.

Yeah we should've signed Sutton even though he sucks and is hurt and might not play again, at least he would've increase our average height and weight...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad