Injury Report: Smith,Methot and Ceci out for rest of regular season

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
No, you really can't.

It really isn't as simple (or easy) as you're making it out to be. Playing with any injured finger (especially one recently re-attached) is difficult. If he were able to play, he would.

Boro could remain as effective

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Well watching MEthot practice with one hand on the stick, and be in agonizing pain, how can he be ready?
The only way, I can see is if they remove part of the finger.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Well watching MEthot practice with one hand on the stick, and be in agonizing pain, how can he be ready?

As soon as it happened ,my very first thought was Ronnie Lott.

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010

I'm the farthest thing from a doctor, but this may be the best solution both short and long term, no? I was always under the impression this sort of stuff tends to heal a little funky. Never really really comes back 100%.

He should wear it on a chain around his neck. Intimidation and mental games and all of that.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Cassie Campbell‏ @CassieCampbell

Methot and Smith skating this morning and both looking good. Methot moving puck really well. @Senators @Sportsnet

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'm the farthest thing from a doctor, but this may be the best solution both short and long term, no? I was always under the impression this sort of stuff tends to heal a little funky. Never really really comes back 100%.

He should wear it on a chain around his neck. Intimidation and mental games and all of that.

If you read the Ronnie Lott story, he "took one for the team" and regretted it for the rest of his life.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

Apparently Methot said he just had a muscle cramp, nothing to do with the finger.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Both these guys will be key in this series. Hopefully Smith in particular is ready for game 1.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Apparently Methot said he just had a muscle cramp, nothing to do with the finger.

Riiiiight - that's why he was looking at his hand when he was doubled over in agonizing pain. He had a muscle cramp from taking a leisurely skate around the ice, absolutely. <insert eye roll here>

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
It will be 3 weeks since Methot was Crosbied. I can see the finger being basically entombed and he plays like that. Pretty obvious target for guys like Marchand.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Riiiiight - that's why he was looking at his hand when he was doubled over in agonizing pain. He had a muscle cramp from taking a leisurely skate around the ice, absolutely. <insert eye roll here>

It'll all sort itself out after the first slash to him approx. 20 seconds into the game.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Does Smith coming back and presumably taking his spot on the first PK unit mean we can sit Kelly?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Does Smith coming back and presumably taking his spot on the first PK unit mean we can sit Kelly?

I would be (pleasantly) shocked if Kelly sits any game aside from injury.

His Stanley Cup ring and whatever he apparently does in practice makes him invincible from being sat no matter how well he plays in the actual games.

Pyatt, Pageau and Kelly being the only 3 guys on the team to have played 82 games.

All coach's dreamboats.

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
Theres not a doubt in my mind that marchand will slash methots finger every chance he gets

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Theres not a doubt in my mind that marchand will slash methots finger every chance he gets

gauntlet_gloves_ir8082_v3_amz.jpg

Problem solved.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
gauntlet_gloves_ir8082_v3_amz.jpg

Problem solved.

Something like this would be my preferred method of solving the problem :

God I'd love to see Karlsson land one on Marchand like the did on Beaulieu.

Indeed, I really hope they take it right to Marchand. Don't just respond to him, go right at him.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Something like this would be my preferred method of solving the problem :

God I'd love to see Karlsson land one on Marchand like the did on Beaulieu.

Indeed, I really hope they take it right to Marchand. Don't just respond to him, go right at him.

Marchand plays left wing & I assume that Boro will go after him & anyone else on the left side every chance he gets. Marchand could get pretty sick of that after a few games & it won't be just Boro since Phaneuf & Methot do it too.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Marchand plays left wing & I assume that Boro will go after him & anyone else on the left side every chance he gets. Marchand could get pretty sick of that after a few games & it won't be just Boro since Phaneuf & Methot do it too.

But on LW he'll be facing the right side which isn't that imposing but like the video showed it's not just big guys that hit him. If Lepisto can light him up anyone can.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Looks like a 50/50 tossup on Methot from this CBC article, particularly with the extra day between games.

Part quoted from this link:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/ottawa-senators-marc-methot-game-1-1.4066599

Boucher said Methot could play Wednesday, but a decision needs to be made whether or not it's in his and the team's best interest to give him a few more days rest. Game 2 of the series isn't until Saturday afternoon.

"It's my decision," Boucher said. "Are we better to go with a guy that's 100 per cent like (Fredrik) Claesson or (Ben) Harpur who have done very well or a guy that's at 85-90 per cent? The decision is do we wait and have him at 100 per cent in three days? He could definitely play and there's no doubt he will play in this series."

"I'm doing everything I can to get back to full strength and feel good so I can be effective for this team," said Methot.
Likely require freezing

Methot doesn't anticipate wearing a different glove should he play, but expects he would require some freezing. The Ottawa native has had a number of injuries through the course of his career, but said this has been the worst as far as pain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad