Injury Report: Smith,Methot and Ceci out for rest of regular season

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
brutal...

I need to find a silver lining....I wonder if this *might help us come the expansion draft? i.e. we protect Wideman, not ceci or methot due to their injuries LV does not pick either?

Possible? anything is
Probable? I don't know.... depends how much is an expansion team willing to select an injured player?

like I said silver lining....

Not Jared Cowen

Oct 1, 2004
brutal...

I need to find a silver lining....I wonder if this *might help us come the expansion draft? i.e. we protect Wideman, not ceci or methot due to their injuries LV does not pick either?

Possible? anything is
Probable? I don't know.... depends how much is an expansion team willing to select an injured player?

If Ceci is exposed there is an almost 100% probability Vegas will take him. Young top-4 RHDs are the most valuable commodity in the league. You don't gamble Ceci to keep Chris Wideman.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
brutal...

Possible? anything is

Ceci could have a blown ACL (and it does not sound that bad) and he would be picked.

Just look at what we have to trot out there without him.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Ceci is still very young, 23 is quite young for a defenseman.. I know people here like to hate on him. But he logs a TON of minutes and plays on our main shutdown pair as the puck mover. He's doing quite well for us considering those circumstances. Wideman is extremely sheltered compared to him.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Ceci is still very young, 23 is quite young for a defenseman.. I know people here like to hate on him. But he logs a TON of minutes and plays on our main shutdown pair as the puck mover. He's doing quite well for us considering those circumstances. Wideman is extremely sheltered compared to him.

Agreed.

The hate was justified the first half of the year when he was legitimately struggling in the role, but Ceci has been good for awhile now. The offense hasn't developed as expected but defensively he's been really solid while playing against the opposition's best.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Ceci could have a blown ACL (and it does not sound that bad) and he would be picked.

Just look at what we have to trot out there without him.

The only way these injuries might effect the expansion draft is that if Vegas was on the fence about Wideman VS Methot, they might opt to pass on Methot if it is unclear about how his injury might have effected him. Even then, Methot isn't really a skilled guy or even much of a shooter, so if there is permanent damage to his finger, it probably effects his game less than it might effect a guy like Bobby Ryan.....

Players get injured all the time. So unless one of these players is injured in the same way MacArthur is where it is career threatening, it won't matter. Vegas would take an injured Cody Ceci without worrying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad