Smith (and wilson...)

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
has Smith been improving? when this guy played in the pre-season last year, he looked unstoppable and I was excited to see him develop but looks like he hit a huge wall...does he have a poor work ethic or what's been happening with him to see 0 points in 10 games?

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Since the All-Star game last year, Smith has not performed well at all! This year it looks like he has forgotten how to skate, pass and shoot the puck. I can't tell you how many times I have seen him fall down while skating and how many times he has fanned/whiffed on a shot attempt. Play outa control a lot too.

I think he needs to calm and settle down. He is trying way to hard and not letting the game come naturally to him. Overreacting and over skating on most plays and then skating like a mad man to get back into the play.

I do like him and think he can be a great asset once he can learn to stay under control.

Canuck16

that's curtains!
Apr 11, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Wilson currently leads your team in points. Will he be this good all year? What can you tell me about him? How dangerous is his line? Is he on PP1 or PP2?

side question:
Does Shea Weber usually play longer than 1 minute on the PP? Most players switch off but was wondering if Shea stays on a bit longer.

Thanks and it should be a good battle on Friday !!

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Wilson currently leads your team in points. Will he be this good all year? What can you tell me about him? How dangerous is his line? Is he on PP1 or PP2?

side question:
Does Shea Weber usually play longer than 1 minute on the PP? Most players switch off but was wondering if Shea stays on a bit longer.

Not as much since Josi, Ellis and Blum are all on the pp too.

jlsg

Nov 8, 2006

side question:

Wilson has the potential to be this good and better. He sometimes has to work things out between the ears, but this year he seems to have it figured out. He plays PP but Trotz has a habit of switching up PP units so you never know when or where he'll show.

Weber generally will play half the PP. Occasionally he'll stay longer depending on game situation. But with Blum, Ellis and Josi we have capable PP defensemen to split the workload up.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Smith seems to be regaining his confidence...

Agreed, but it still seems like the game is going way too fast for him. A great example is that semi-breakaway against Anaheim he had off a dump in where he quickly took a slap shot despite having tons of time and space to make a move. This is just something that will come to him over time. May even take a couple years. Gaining his confidence is definitely a huge step in the right direction though.

With his hands, speed, and work ethic, there is no way he doesn't become a legit top 6 player at the very least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad