TSN: Smid to Flames for Scorak and Brossoit

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Whoever makes the GDT needs to use "How Smid it is" :laugh:

The+Rock+Clapping.gif

Aug 3, 2010
Eh. He played a rough game, did he job was just okay though I thought.
Give him time, he's not used to *PICK ONE OR ALL THAT APPLY*

• Coaches coaching
  • Forwards backchecking
  • Defenders defending
  • Goalies tending
  • Team scoring
  • Supportive team play
  • Team getting points at the end of the night
  • FIVE GOLDEN RIIIIIIIINGGGS (Although Lowe has six so what do I know?)

Or something like that. ;)

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Let's wait until we play a team that isn't an all-star team before passing too much judgement. ;)

Give him time, he's not used to *PICK ONE OR ALL THAT APPLY*

• Coaches coaching
  • Forwards backchecking
  • Defenders defending
  • Goalies tending
  • Team scoring
  • Supportive team play
  • Team getting points at the end of the night
  • FIVE GOLDEN RIIIIIIIINGGGS (Although Lowe has six so what do I know?)

Or something like that. ;)

Jeez guys :laugh:

I was just saying what I thought of him in this game. The whole team was pretty bad tbh.

I am still excited about Smid being here.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I wonder if Smid is pretty upset that he didn't get traded to a contender. We really looked bad against the Sharks and I bet he was hoping for an atmosphere with a little more drive.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I wonder if Smid is pretty upset that he didn't get traded to a contender. We really looked bad against the Sharks and I bet he was hoping for an atmosphere with a little more drive.

It's interesting to note that Smid has played 475 regular season games and has yet to see any action in the playoffs. There's an obvious reason for that, but I do believe he said he was disappointed with not having a chance to compete in the post season yet.

Aug 3, 2010
It's interesting to note that Smid has played 475 regular season games and has yet to see any action in the playoffs. There's an obvious reason for that, but I do believe he said he was disappointed with not having a chance to compete in the post season yet.
It's the Bouwmeester curse!

Sep 13, 2009

I thought he was excited to be here, now he's disappointed? :confused:

I can't blame him however, not many people want to be part of a rebuilding team. That's 2 in a row for him now.

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
I would imagine that Smid is a lock for the Olympics. So he will at least get to play in some meaningful games in February. I don't think the Flames are in the playoffs anytime soon though. The California teams are just too strong, and it looks to me like they will be strong for years to come.

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
Not really, it's called a rebuild bro

Ok tmurfin, do you really think that when Jay Feaster was named interim GM and he had to submit his plan to the ownership group to be named GM of the Flames that his plan was:

-I have a way that I can make the Flames one of the worst teams in the league in only two seasons
-I will make the team smaller, less exciting, more embarrassing, less talented without bringing in much youth

Because that is EXACTLY what Jay Feaster has done.

If you think that this is all part of "the plan" maybe you would like to buy the rest of my seasons tickets off me.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
^^^ If you don't think that Beaster and Weisbrod have brought in young talent, then your delusional. A rebuild takes times but many good pieces are in place.

Also, for the 3 headed monster that is our management, what about the name Beastbrod? Imagine that Avatar :laugh:

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Ok tmurfin, do you really think that when Jay Feaster was named interim GM and he had to submit his plan to the ownership group to be named GM of the Flames that his plan was:

-I have a way that I can make the Flames one of the worst teams in the league in only two seasons
-I will make the team smaller, less exciting, more embarrassing, less talented without bringing in much youth

If you think that this is all part of "the plan" maybe you would like to buy the rest of my seasons tickets off me.

I think most people would agree that I'm far from a Feaster fan. But I think you have his plan all mixed up. Here's how I see it:

2010 - Pursue the playoffs but don't ruin future
2011 - Pursue the playoffs and get younger
2012 - Blow it up
2013 - ***wait & see before drawing conclusion***

So I disagree with your statement that his plan was to make the Flames one of the worst teams in the league. Its clear that he was initially hired to make the playoffs. He now has the role of managing a rebuild. Brian Burke was brought in to provide oversight.

Its the year after a blow up and our average age (according to QuantHockey) is 27.5 yrs old, which is about mid-way through the pack. We have 5 rookies on the team in Baertschi, Colborne, Bouma, Monahan and Berra. We also have 4+ pending veteran free agents and 10 million in space.

So I completely disagree with your statement that he hasn't brought in any youth. Which now leaves your last statement that the team smaller, less exciting, more embarrassing.

Smaller? Yes, I agree. The Flames current roster compared to the roster Sutter left us with is significant. Only Morrison, Langkow, and White are small players on that team. Less Exciting? No, I would say Feaster brought in Hartely and made Flames hockey far more exciting than any team we've seen since Mike Keenan.

More embarrassing? Well, what would you have him do? Force Poirer, Knight, Klimchuck and Wotherspoon into the line-up, thereby hurting their development. Or maybe Monahan and Baertschi should be playing against top line opposition? Guys like Stajan, Cammy and Stempniak are a stopgap or a transition period until our real core roster is ready to take on the workload. Its year 1 of a rebuild. Who's embarrassed exactly?

saillias

Sep 6, 2004
Calgary
I think the point that Guido Sarducci is making is that Feaster was a terrible GM as long as the org's intentions were to compete. For some reason he's escaped the chopping block and ire of fans once he traded away Iggy and JBo.

saillias

Sep 6, 2004
Calgary
^^^ If you don't think that Beaster and Weisbrod have brought in young talent, then your delusional. A rebuild takes times but many good pieces are in place.

Also, for the 3 headed monster that is our management, what about the name Beastbrod? Imagine that Avatar :laugh:

Beastbrod? That's not our management, that's my wife!

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

Everything bolded is categorically, and if you would like to be embarrassed, demonstrably incorrect.

Terrible post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad