WWE: Smackdown Live 25: Everyone's tough until The Man comes around

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I couldn't bring myself to watch tonight because everything that made SD great is either dead, a sorry shell of its former glory and Edge having been taken out of action too early. Guys like Mysterio, Taker, Big Show and Angle overstayed their welcome and they do not feel as special when seen again. Others like Eddie and Benoit will never be seen again. As for Edge it was never the same without him again

And there was Lesnar. Sweet Lord on a cross the hype he had and the pops he got as a babyface. It didn't last long but his run was by far my favorite ever. Vince got it right with him and it's too bad he left how he did and it's too bad what he is now.

Long live SD 2002-2004 it had something new every week. It had some trainwrecks on the way but it was otherwise the peak of post WWF programming

Reactions: TD Charlie

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Checking out the highlights. I liked Becky and Big Dave on this show.

Orton bouncing in the back like a child made it great. I am totally solid on HHH/Batista.

Becky just boding the Rated-R Superstar was wonderful. Becky is the only woman that they are getting right at the moment.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Talk about a boring shitty show. My god, was it ever bad. Couple good segments, but very disappointing for it's 1000th show.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
It was beyond terrible. I can’t believe this is all they had for a landmark episode. The undertaker “segment” at the end was awful.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It was beyond terrible. I can’t believe this is all they had for a landmark episode. The undertaker “segment” at the end was awful.
They never truly tried. Too many shows going on that they had to promote.

Reactions: iamjs

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I heard that Bautista was late in arriving to the arena, so a few segments had to run long, which caused other segments to either get shortened or cut entirely. :help:

Looking at the write-up, it really didn't seem like a show worth watching anyways.

Also, I guess Show is a heel again? I swear no one else in the business has had more turns than this guy. :laugh:

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I heard that Bautista was late in arriving to the arena, so a few segments had to run long, which caused other segments to either get shortened or cut entirely. :help:

Looking at the write-up, it really didn't seem like a show worth watching anyways.

Also, I guess Show is a heel again? I swear no one else in the business has had more turns than this guy. :laugh:

I do not think we will see him regularly again. Show turning was clearly a nod at the numerous turns.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Checking out the highlights. I liked Becky and Big Dave on this show.

Orton bouncing in the back like a child made it great. I am totally solid on HHH/Batista.

Becky just boding the Rated-R Superstar was wonderful. Becky is the only woman that they are getting right at the moment.
They are getting Becky right on accident, though. :laugh: The idea is to get Flair over as a face. Vince is probably like "Say mean stuff to Edge! Everyone loves Edge! That will get Woman Reigns cheered!"

Becky says mean stuff, gets cheered, and everyone loves it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wrestlemania has always been about the spectacle and bringing people back.

This year we’re talking about adding Batista and Michaels to what would have already been Triple H, Cena, Undertaker, and possibly Dwayne.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Devils hosting a WWE night tonight against the Avs (Smackdown will in town on Tuesday). Devils twitter account seems to be advertising Becky, Curt Hawkins, and Mick Foley making appearances tonight. Becky in obligatory Devils garb may be too much for me to handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad