WWE: Smackdown Live 23 - When will AJ invest in a protective cup?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Looks like Zelina Vega will be making her in-ring debut on Tuesday.

Lana challenged her over Twitter

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Speculation is that if Rock is able to wrestle at WM, he’s going to face Reigns.

And they sure are going to close WrestleMania with Roman Reigns pinning The Rock
Holy f*** this company will stop at nothing.

I’d rather see Rock vs. HHH.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Holy **** this company will stop at nothing.

I’d rather see Rock vs. HHH.

See, Reigns vs Rock would probably be a great match.

If Reigns was a heel.

However they are gonna do this “we’re family, let’s just see who’s better! Face vs Face crap, and still have Reigns get the pin”

Reigns reign at the top is far worse than anyone imagined. They do more for Reigns they did Cena

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Because Cena was legitimately great. No one can ever say anything about his charisma and ability to captivate and control a crowd. No one can say he didn’t try adding more moves to his move set and keep it fresh. No one can say he spammed superman punches 25 times a match.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
See, Reigns vs Rock would probably be a great match.

If Reigns was a heel.

However they are gonna do this “we’re family, let’s just see who’s better! Face vs Face crap, and still have Reigns get the pin”

Reigns reign at the top is far worse than anyone imagined. They do more for Reigns they did Cena

Nah, they'll do what they did with Cena.

Rocky will come out, say he loves him THEN he will trash him for not doing his job, for underachieving, for failing to be the top dog. Because Roman sucks, Rocky has to come back and show him the way.

Roman wins, Rocky puts him over on the mic the next night.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Because Cena was legitimately great. No one can ever say anything about his charisma and ability to captivate and control a crowd. No one can say he didn’t try adding more moves to his move set and keep it fresh. No one can say he spammed superman punches 25 times a match.

Yeah, Cena worked his butt off to shed the 6 Moves of Doom thing.

I still remember that springboard stunner he did :laugh:

Or the leg drop on a leaned over opponent from the top rope.

He also does a good sunset flip as well :laugh:

The main thing with Roman, is you know how the match is going to go before it happens. Reigns will start off a bit strong, get destroyed, suddenly hit 4 straight superman punches, spear and he wins, as if the entire first half of the match didn't happen.

OR if he loses, it's the exact same thing, but the other person will counter the spear and then hit their own finisher and then Reigns will beat them the next time anyway.

I like Roman Reigns. He's a good enough worker, and he has a good look. However he's booked as a face, but that is rejected by the fans, he's booked as the top guy, which isn't the case, and he's booked to only really use a few of his moves, which is awful.

I think a lot of the frustration from fans is that Roman Reigns could be terrific. Heck, one day he could eventually become one of the top faces, but he's so poorly managed, and I think that's why most fans are upset at it.

Even with a guy the WWE loves, they still can't utilize him properly, and that's a common theme.

Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
@Cor , actually touched on that in the NXT thread. I think Roman's become very complacent in his in-ring work. His move repetition is a big part of that. It's very predictable. He was much better and had more variety in 2015-2017. If I had to guess it was somewhere around the Strowman program where a double turn wasn't happening where he started getting complacent.

Reigns is actually further along and better in the ring than Cena was at this point in his career/push, but again, there's a noticeable drop off from his in-ring work from a year or so ago to now.

Reigns desperately needs a heel turn. He can be the company's top heel. He can be their biggest and best heel since Triple H in the late 90s and 2000s imo. He would be an amazing bully foil to the company's more over, smaller, top guys like Rollins, Balor, Ambrose, Styles, Bryan, etc., he'd be printing money as a top heel going against those guys. The big disconnect is that he comes off as a jerk in his interviews when talking about the boos, and everything about his push comes off as phony and fake since he's the prototypical Vince guy that Vince would want to push.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
@Cor , actually touched on that in the NXT thread. I think Roman's become very complacent in his in-ring work. His move repetition is a big part of that. It's very predictable. He was much better and had more variety in 2015-2017. If I had to guess it was somewhere around the Strowman program where a double turn wasn't happening where he started getting complacent.

Reigns is actually further along and better in the ring than Cena was at this point in his career/push, but again, there's a noticeable drop off from his in-ring work from a year or so ago to now.

Reigns desperately needs a heel turn. He can be the company's top heel. He can be their biggest and best heel since Triple H in the late 90s and 2000s imo. He would be an amazing bully foil to the company's more over, smaller, top guys like Rollins, Balor, Ambrose, Styles, Bryan, etc., he'd be printing money as a top heel going against those guys. The big disconnect is that he comes off as a jerk in his interviews when talking about the boos, and everything about his push comes off as phony and fake since he's the prototypical Vince guy that Vince would want to push.

I think that is part of it.

Cena was very forward with wanting to do more to shed his reputation of a limited wrestler. I know he was also pushing at one point to turn heel at the peak of when the fans wanted him to, but he obviously lost that battle.

So while I think it could be said that Reigns is complacent, I also think it's a bit on the booking. Reigns is simply doing what he's booked to do, and he does it well.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Cena wanted to turn heel in 2006 when the fans were booing him but Vince told him that it would be part of his character (the boos).

Cena thought he was turning heel and really wanted to during the Kane/Rock programs that year, and recorded new music and had new merchandise made for it, but Vince backed off.

Reigns is following similarly to the first part re: Cena/2006, but Reigns is more justified in it imo. He comes off as a jerk and a bully.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Speculation is that if Rock is able to wrestle at WM, he’s going to face Reigns.

And they sure are going to close WrestleMania with Roman Reigns pinning The Rock
Over Cena breaking the all time record tho? I think thats the only thing that tops anything Roman does, although it is The Rock...

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Cena’s Never used heel theme was pretty good too.

I am kind of glad he never changed themes though. It has grown into its own beast, and it is fun to sing song at him. It is also pretty epic when it rolls down in legit big fight feel matches.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Over Cena breaking the all time record tho? I think thats the only thing that tops anything Roman does, although it is The Rock...

WWE doesn’t really seem to care about John Cena much anymore.

Even when he’s around he’s never really given anything significant.

Cena will win the title record, and it will likely be at WrestleMania, but if there’s a Reigns/Rock Match, potentially for the Universal Championship, that’s closing. No doubt.

AJ Styles can barely Main Event a normal PPV where the Universal Championship isn’t being defended, let alone WrestleMania

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Can't wait to see what The Miz and Carmella have in store for tonight!

SmackDown is truly the house that they built.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Sigh, had my eye on seats in 2nd row on StubHub, just went back and they were gone... #HFWF sign was gonna happen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad