WWE: Smackdown Live 23 - When will AJ invest in a protective cup?

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Sucks to be Becky now.

Seriously though, just add Asuka to it and make it a fatal 4-way. It's a travesty she's not there.

No way Asuka gets added.

Pretty clear to me what her role in the company is going to be. Too old/not marketable enough to have a long championship reign, but also too talented/too built up to bury. Perennial number one contender. Beat up on everyone the don't care about/are trying to bury, but always manage to lose to the people they really want to push like Charlotte/Alexa Bliss.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
No way Asuka gets added.

Pretty clear to me what her role in the company is going to be. Too old/not marketable enough to have a long championship reign, but also too talented/too built up to bury. Perennial number one contender. Beat up on everyone the don't care about/are trying to bury, but always manage to lose to the people they really want to push like Charlotte/Alexa Bliss.

So basically the Kane of the women's division?

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I’m glad they came to their senses

A-2719751-1452351573-6738.jpeg.jpg

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Who cares, do it again. Becky is the ultimate babyface. Fans are behind her and want her to win. Charlotte can attack her after she wins and turn heel to set that up.

Don't see them turning Charlotte if she's being primed for Ronda, and somebody needs to turn because the heel side for the Smackdown women is really bad.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Don't see them turning Charlotte if she's being primed for Ronda, and somebody needs to turn because the heel side for the Smackdown women is really bad.
If Charlotte is primed for Ronda it makes perfect sense to turn her. Do a heel vs. face and then just do the whole respect thing if you want Charlotte to turn face again and run with the win over Ronda.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If Charlotte is primed for Ronda it makes perfect sense to turn her. Do a heel vs. face and then just do the whole respect thing if you want Charlotte to turn face again and run with the win over Ronda.
You're turning her too much, and they use her a lot for promotion. She was also just a heel a year ago, you don't want to keep turning someone you see as a big star back and forth. Better off to turn Asuka, especially since she's a dead character now.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, Asuka should have won the women's belt. Amazing that she jobbed out to Carmella. I mean Carmella goes over a top talent like Asuka.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Why turn Charlotte into the new big show?

Plus let’s be real, even if they do turn her, she is still going over Becky.

They should turn Asuka and let her go on a rampage before winning the belt at the Rumble or Mania.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Has anyone been watching Miz and Mrs? I'm reading a recap of it right now and it sounds hilarious. It sounds like Miz' dad is the MVP.
I've watched both thus far and think it is hilarious. I was literally crying in the first episode during the photo shoot. Second episode wasn't as funny but still pretty hilarious.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Sadly, Asuka isn't getting that title anytime soon, they waited too long and managed to completely kill her character and ruin her.

If Charlotte goes to RAW after winning the womens rumble or something then I wouldn't mind Asuka vs Becky at Mania

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Sadly, Asuka isn't getting that title anytime soon, they waited too long and managed to completely kill her character and ruin her.

If Charlotte goes to RAW after winning the womens rumble or something then I wouldn't mind Asuka vs Becky at Mania

A heel turn and a feud with Becky could be really really good.

Can you believe Asuka won the first ever women’s Rumble? You sure wouldn’t know it.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
WWE creative just brushing aside logic and going full-steam ahead with a Carmella/Alexa champion tandem, when there's so much actual talent in the women's division. I can't really make sense of it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
WWE creative just brushing aside logic and going full-steam ahead with a Carmella/Alexa champion tandem, when there's so much actual talent in the women's division. I can't really make sense of it.

Creative is THE reason the women aren’t more over then they are.

Women’s wrestling in NXT was white hot when Sasha and Bayley were feuding. They then squandered all of Sasha’s heat to get Charlotte over, squandered all of Bayley’s heat to get Charlotte and Alexa over, and have been just wasting time with Bliss’ two show reign of terror since.

Add on the total botched handling of Asuka and their insane refusal to actually put Becky over despite her getting the best reactions on either show right now.

An all women’s PPV should be an easy easy sell with this roster, especially with Rhonda now in the mix. Instead you got two awful champs and high quality talent just floundering with garbage angles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad