Post-Game Talk: Slump busters Canucks lose 3-1. You're welcome, MSL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wetcoaster

Iain MacIntyre ‏@imacVanSun
Burrows on Twitter feedback re McDonagh hit. “500 messages from Rangers fans. 'I'll kill your family, I want you to die.' Bad things."

Time to start filing criminal charges against these morons.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Iain MacIntyre ‏@imacVanSun
Burrows on Twitter feedback re McDonagh hit. “500 messages from Rangers fans. 'I'll kill your family, I want you to die.' Bad things."

Time to start filing criminal charges against these morons.

In this case, I agree wholeheartedly with you Wet.

Unreal. Those people should be ashamed of themselves. Absolutely disgusting.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Okay, can someone on twitter or who does the twitter thing and knows about how things work on it tell me something?

Is threatening celebrities' lives or their family's lives a common thing? Is this just something that happens like flipping someone the bird in traffic and nobody thinks anything of it? Nothing on CBC or TSN or NHL.com or anything about this...main board thread surprisingly blah about this, and I don't mean just Rangers fans who must not have a shred of decency or brains to not be too embarrassed and ashamed to post in that thread anymore...am I the only one who finds this whole situation utterly appalling?

Am I the last sane person on Earth?

Oliewud

May 13, 2013
Okay, can someone on twitter or who does the twitter thing and knows about how things work on it tell me something?

Is threatening celebrities' lives or their family's lives a common thing? Is this just something that happens like flipping someone the bird in traffic and nobody thinks anything of it? Nothing on CBC or TSN or NHL.com or anything about this...main board thread surprisingly blah about this, and I don't mean just Rangers fans who must not have a shred of decency or brains to not be too embarrassed and ashamed to post in that thread anymore...am I the only one who finds this whole situation utterly appalling?

have you ever read youtube comments?

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

Welcome to the unfortunate side of anonymity. While it is technically a crime, rarely is anything done simply because the volume alone would be far too overwhelming to police regularly. In most instances, only the severe are dealt with, and believe it or not, this wouldn't necessarily rank particularly high. It would be far greater a hassle to Burrows to file actual charges than to just ignore the tweets.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
And it should be here too. Idiots like that should see some sort of punishment. One of the things I detest about Twitter and much else of social media. It allows people to be complete jackasses without much consequence.

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to use Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad