Olympics: Slovakia vs Germany

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
As long as Ramsay keeps Dano for the rest of the game on the bench Slovakia should be safe.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
There was a shift were Germany was just standing there and the Slovaks got an entire unit change.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
here we are now, entertain us...... german hockey team.

only option i see for the future is that A) we switch the DEL ice to a smaller one so those dumbasses learn to play there. B) we switch international play back to the big ice. C) we learn to play offense and stop blaming the ice size.

I am for option C.

Or we just clone Draisaitle, stützle, Sturm, Seider and Peterka a couple of times.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I’ve really liked all Slovak league players this tournament, even in losses to Finns and Swedes. Zuzin looks excellent, Regenda relentless on forecheck and back check, and Takac is the Swiss Army knife with Cehlarik and Hrivik.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Well i have resignated.

Not gonna get angry anymore. Just resignation.

This team is not well coached at all and is offensivly inebt.

But Niederberger is good.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Wow, quarterfinals two tournaments in a row? Is Slovak hockey semi-back?
Probably lucky that NHLers are not playing though.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Wow, quarterfinals two tournaments in a row? Is Slovak hockey semi-back?
Probably lucky that NHLers are not playing though.
Not back, but I really like the hustle of these young boys. Knazko to me can be a Sekera. Great poise and passer. He has blown me away this tournament. Also liked Kelemen a lot. I think he could be a player who goes to better euro league soon.

flemo

Jan 7, 2010
There was a shift were Germany was just standing there and the Slovaks got an entire unit change.
Probably the first time I have seen SVK team able to bring this 2nd period hell to opponents. I'm used to watch opponents to do that against us.

EHCler

May 9, 2003
Visit site
Congrats to Slovakia, deserved victory. Germany never arrived at the Olympics. Expectations were way too high, due to the recent sucess. Maybe that came to some peoples heads.
No time for excuses, that was just not good enough.
Time to regroup for the world championships and also time for making some changes and team younger.
I like to see more heart again. Toni is the right coach, hope he stays over the season.

Reactions: Edenjung

nickp91

Jun 29, 2011
ex-NHL defenseman Korbinian Holzer on why Germany is out of Olympics: “We just couldn’t find our game all tournament on the small ice.”

Reindl87

May 18, 2012
Well, Germany was exposed badly this tournament. No skill dump and chase hockey will only get you so far as your luck and goalie carry you. And on the smaller ice you get exposed much quicker anyway.

Reactions: Edenjung

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I hope by 2026 Germany a long with the other can ice nhlers . Fingers crossed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad