Slovak prospects - Top 10 rankings (updated July 3rd)

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I've updated my top 10 draft list for 2021. I also cleaned it up by removing a bunch of honorable mentions who I don't think have any chance of being selected, and also seperated overagers from first year eligbles. While I think Kaslik, Latkoczy and Stacha are more likely to be drafted than half of the first year eligbles, I find it way too difficult to rank them among younger players.

All in all, I'd say there's about ten different Slovaks who could be drafted this year. Of course I don't think ten players are getting selected. Most likely it will be zero, one or two. But who that lucky one or two will be, could be anyone from my top 5 or the notable overagers. It simply comes down to if one scout likes anyone of them enough.

Really looking forward to the 2022 draft, but hope we'll at least see a couple of guys somehow sneak into the later rounds this year.

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
True, but I didn't know that before the season. These rankings are ongoing, throughout the season. After the 2021 draft, I'll start looking into the 2024 class no matter how good or weak it is.

Even though it's still a long way of, it looks like the 2024 draft for Slovakia may be weak again. But, again, you can't expect each draft to be like 2022 and 2023, so it's not a big disappointment. But there is one name that can be real in the first round and that is Jakub Chromiak. But other names, hard to say. And you can't make a bigger overview, also because last "covid season" was basically not. There are names like Jozef Silhar, Tobias Faith, Markus Saxa, Andrej Tomasec, Peter Kovac, Dominik Drapak and Andrej Fabian Licko. But it's hard to say whether they made progress or stagnated last season. So we'll see when the next season begins.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
True, but I didn't know that before the season. These rankings are ongoing, throughout the season. After the 2021 draft, I'll start looking into the 2024 class no matter how good or weak it is.
Thanks for this, you have better overview of Slovak young players than many Slovak fans.

Reactions: Elvs and hellwar9

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
will anyone actually look at the goalies? Hlavaj could be a good 6th-7th round pick imo

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018

Interesting. Mesar appears to be staying in Slovakia, at least for now.

HK Poprad is one of the best teams in Slovakia. Last season, they were in the finals. They can do it again this season. Some people said that he should play in TOP 6 + powerplay which would be incredible. That means, he would be in one line with players like Skokan, Svitana - national team players with a lot of experience. By staying in Slovakia, there is also chance for him to play for mens national team at the end of the season. And if not, if his IT is limited, then he will join Kitchener.

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
I'm most curious about Petrovsky. If he adapts well and has good teammates, he can give more than a ppg. He is at 17 slightly better than Cajkovic / Chromiak was at the same age. Powerforwards like Demek and Baco can really fit into a league like the WHL. And as for Kmec, he is a similar type of player as Cernak, although it is clear that he does not have the same upside. Together with Repcik, they can only surprise. Also interesting will be watching Zlnka, Mosko and Elias in the USHL.

Reactions: Antiillafire

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
This upcoming HGC really looks like the best shot we have had in a while to get a medal. No Canada, USA has a weaker team, this tournament could be wide open. Russia will undoubtedly have a very strong team.
Here is how I hope the team will line up.

Slafkovsky - Dvorsky - Mesar
Zlnka - Petrovsky - Molnar
Sykora - Gabriel - Sotek
Repcik - Misiak - Ciernik

Nemec - Kmec
Natny - Strbak
Barcik - Chromiak

Elias
Korec
Urban

Nominácia: SR 18 pokračuje v príprave na HGC so zúženým kádrom, už aj so Šimonom Nemcom

For now, it looks like.

Mesar - Dvorsky - Slakovsky
Sykora - Petrovsky - Zlnka
Molnar - Gabriel - Repcik
Sotek - Suchy - Ciernik
Misiak

Nemec - Mosko
Natny - Strbak
Zabka - Kmec
Krakovsky

Elias (Korec, Urban/Jurcak)

I was curious about Chromiak, it's a shame. But I will definitely watch him all season.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Nominácia: SR 18 pokračuje v príprave na HGC so zúženým kádrom, už aj so Šimonom Nemcom

For now, it looks like.

Sotek - Suchy - Ciernik
Misiak

Nemec - Mosko
Natny - Strbak
Zabka - Kmec
Krakovsky

I was curious about Chromiak, it's a shame. But I will definitely watch him all season.
That is an insanely strong team. Obviously the depth is nowhere near as good as the top teams and the D isn’t great outside of Nemec. But that top 9 is fantastic. Very similar to Germany with Seider, Stützle, Reichel, Peterka.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia

For now, it looks like.

Sotek - Suchy - Ciernik
Misiak

Nemec - Mosko
Natny - Strbak
Zabka - Kmec
Krakovsky

Chromiak is still missing physical part of game so maybe coaches noticed that and said let’s leave off this year and have him for next year. Either way I am so looking forward to the start of this tournament

Reactions: hellwar9

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Who was cut?
Matej Veres, Richard Marko (really good performance in camp), Matej Tomas, Lukas Panik, Matej Stefan Lorincz, Tomas Dudas, Viktor Petrik, Matej Grega, Martin Benko, Ivan Thomka, Jakub Krizan, Tomas Pilat, Jakub Chromiak, Daniel Alexander Jencko, Adam Kremnicky, Adam Ondris, Adam Kurty, Frantisek Dej

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
White vs Blue scrimmage result: 5-3.

White:
Mesar - 2G
Natny - 1A
Petrovsky- 1G 2A
Sykora - 2A
Zabka - 1A
Zlnka - 2G

Blue: