Slovak prospects - Top 10 rankings (updated July 3rd)

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
The under-18 lost three of four games to the Czech Republic. Were Czechs trained in 2003?

Slovaks have a weak year of birth 2003, so there were 15 underagers of the year of birth 2004/2005. The Czechs had only 4 players in the line-up from the year of birth 2004 in the one match and in the last only 1. They had a physical advantage, it was recognizable that they have a much older team than the Slovaks. Nevertheless, the Slovaks were much more technical and skilful. Very good hockey from Slovak players U16 / U17. I'm looking forward to HGC in the summer

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
Slovaks have a weak year of birth 2003, so there were 15 underagers of the year of birth 2004/2005. The Czechs had only 4 players in the line-up from the year of birth 2004 in the one match and in the last only 1. They had a physical advantage, it was recognizable that they have a much older team than the Slovaks. Nevertheless, the Slovaks were much more technical and skilful. Very good hockey from Slovak players U16 / U17. I'm looking forward to HGC in the summer

I was aware of the Slovaks. But I imagined that the Czech team was really older. Still, they were great games. I'm also looking forward to seeing what this Slovak generation will be able to do at HGC!

Last edited:
Reactions: hellwar9

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
Slafkovsky-Mesar or Dvorsky-Molnar. In your opinion which will be the best pair of strikers? Which floor and ceiling?

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Slafkovsky-Mesar or Dvorsky-Molnar. In your opinion which will be the best pair of strikers? Which floor and ceiling?
Super tough to say because we’re 1-2 years away from their draft years. To me, Slafkovsky and Mesar are both first-rounders. I can’t say the same about Dvorsky and Molnar right now but that doesn’t mean they won’t get to the same level.

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Super tough to say because we’re 1-2 years away from their draft years. To me, Slafkovsky and Mesar are both first-rounders. I can’t say the same about Dvorsky and Molnar right now but that doesn’t mean they won’t get to the same level.

Dvorsky currently looks a little better than Slafkovsky at the same age. But I agree, it's still 1-2 years.

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
Dvorsky currently looks a little better than Slafkovsky at the same age. But I agree, it's still 1-2 years.

I agree. But my idea is to design it. Dvorsky and Molnar are now better than Slafkovsky and Mesar were last year. This does not mean that they will be better players, but I am excited about the level of talent. It's still a long way off, but it's a 1-2 punch with potential for the first round or even top 10, in my opinion.

james12

Mar 31, 2018
I expect Slafkovsky will stay in Finland playing in Liiga. With solid summer preparation he could definitely see top6 icetime. Mesar should IMO go for Q and I'm convinced that he would be dominating there.

Hopefully, Dvorsky will be ready to play in Allsvenskan. The same with Molnar in Slovak top tier league.

Though they all seem very promising, I'd restrain talks about draft positions, because nobody can assess the quality of all considerable prospects at the moment. For now at least it's certain they'll be picked at some point.

puckfan

Nov 26, 2020
I expect Slafkovsky will stay in Finland playing in Liiga. With solid summer preparation he could definitely see top6 icetime. Mesar should IMO go for Q and I'm convinced that he would be dominating there.

Hopefully, Dvorsky will be ready to play in Allsvenskan. The same with Molnar in Slovak top tier league.

Though they all seem very promising, I'd restrain talks about draft positions, because nobody can assess the quality of all considerable prospects at the moment. For now at least it's certain they'll be picked at some point.
Do you think Slafkovsky will play Liiga next year? In TPS and with Top6 Icetime? Forget it. In TPS they have a lot of better players. Yesterday in U20 first play-off game he got the lowest ice time of forwards. I dont think he will be next year at the position you described.

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Do you think Slafkovsky will play Liiga next year? In TPS and with Top6 Icetime? Forget it. In TPS they have a lot of better players. Yesterday in U20 first play-off game he got the lowest ice time of forwards. I dont think he will be next year at the position you described.

If he doesn't play among men, he'll go to CHL.

james12

Mar 31, 2018

It surely depends on various factors, but least we can tell is that he will move elsewhere rather than play in Finnish U20. In the light of this, I see a pretty solid chance TPS would want to assure him by giving him a shot in bottom6 with potential chance to sneak top6.

And after all, he's one of the most talented prospects in TPS organisation, though he currently, as you said, doesn't play his standards.

Reactions: puckfan

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
If he doesn't play among men, he'll go to CHL.
I don’t think it’s that easy. If he (or his agent) tells CHL teams he wants to try playing pro in Finland, they won’t pick him. If they don’t pick him, we won’t be able to play in the CHL. Tough decision that has to be made prior to the import draft.

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
I don’t think it’s that easy. If he (or his agent) tells CHL teams he wants to try playing pro in Finland, they won’t pick him. If they don’t pick him, we won’t be able to play in the CHL. Tough decision that has to be made prior to the import draft.

Yes, I know that. As far as I know, there is a lot of interest in him in the CHL teams, so he should be drafted even though he is not sure where he will play.

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
According to Otto Hascak (assistant general manager of the NT and scout of the NT), Simon Nemec and Juraj Slafkovsky could also appear in preparation for the men's WC, so they could also have a chance to get to the WC.

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
Slovak U20 National Team is going to play two games against Czech U20.

Again young team from our side including prospects like Slafkovsky , Nemec (2004), Dvorsky (2005). I am very curious about Zlnka who played very solid at last U18 games.
Czechs will have almost whole team from 2002 born players.

Reactions: Mato94 and hellwar9

james12

Mar 31, 2018
Slovak U20 National Team is going to play two games against Czech U20.

Again young team from our side including prospects like Slafkovsky , Nemec (2004), Dvorsky (2005). I am very curious about Zlnka who played very solid at last U18 games.
Czechs will have almost whole team from 2002 born players.

Potential line-up

Opatovsky
Noskovic
Bolo

Knazko(C) - Becar
S.Nemec (A) - Groch
Jombik - Petrovicky
Seliga - Bakala

Chromiak(A) - Slafkovsky - L.Nemec
Michalik - Petrovsky - Zlnka
Baco - Dvorsky - Lasak
Krajc - Demek - Hajnik

Very solid top4 D pairing. Finally a very powerful center core. To be in a full power, we're still missing some players: Myklukha, Kolenic, Jedlicka, Faith, Mesar

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Potential line-up

Opatovsky
Noskovic
Bolo

Knazko(C) - Becar
S.Nemec (A) - Groch
Jombik - Petrovicky
Seliga - Bakala

Baco - Dvorsky - Lasak
Krajc - Demek - Hajnik

Very solid top4 D pairing. Finally a very powerful center core. To be in a full power, we're still missing some players: Myklukha, Kolenic, Jedlicka, Faith, Mesar

Michalik is center, Slafkovsky should play on the wing. Latkoczy, Stacha and Kaslik are also missing. And maybe a new name will pop up, similar to Jedlicka last summer.

Reactions: james12

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
I'd say Slafkovsky will be transformed into a center in national team.

Maybe yes, maybe not. He is universal player, he can play as center and he also knows how to play this position but he does not play there. He did not play as center in Finland U18 or U20 Leagues. He also did not play it regularly in Slovakia U18, U16 leagues and hockey student classes. Also as a center he has not played in the national team so far. Last time when he played matches in this position was last summer just in the U20 national team in the 4th formation and he didn't even play it as a center for all matches, he alternated with another player (I don't know who anymore) and before that 3 years ago about 2 or 3 matches for HC Kosice in the U18 league where he also alternated with other players due to insufficient number of players. Maybe after the NHL draft, they will rework him into the center, but at the moment I don't think he will play there. Positions where he has been playing regularly for the last 5 years are left or right wing.

We will see, I also personally think that with his physical parameters and playing style he would be more suitable for the center.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Potential line-up

Opatovsky
Noskovic
Bolo

Knazko(C) - Becar
S.Nemec (A) - Groch
Jombik - Petrovicky
Seliga - Bakala

Baco - Dvorsky - Lasak
Krajc - Demek - Hajnik

Can you tell me anything about Jedlicka? I’ve seen the other “missing players” you listed play but not him.

james12

Mar 31, 2018
Can you tell me anything about Jedlicka? I’ve seen the other “missing players” you listed play but not him.

Solid bottom6 player with decent defensive awareness best fitting for PK. Liked his relentless skating and tenacity. As for upside I'd say he's ceiling would be some European league which is still good.

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
Potential line-up

Opatovsky
Noskovic
Bolo

Knazko(C) - Becar
S.Nemec (A) - Groch
Jombik - Petrovicky
Seliga - Bakala

Baco - Dvorsky - Lasak
Krajc - Demek - Hajnik

Starting line-up

Bolo (Noskovic)

Knazko - Becar
Petrovicky - S.Nemec
Bakala - Seliga
Groch - Jombik

Chromiak - Dvorsky - Slafkovsky
Lasak - Krajc - Michalik
L.Nemec - Petrovsky - Zlnka
Baco - Demek - Hajnik

I'm really curious about that first line

Reactions: james12 and mirec04

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
Craig Ramsey has been watching the game very closely. I think at least Slafkovský will get his chance in A team to fight for spot in WC

Reactions: hellwar9

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3