News: Slava Voynov reinstated July 1, 2020, suspended for 2019/2020 season/playoffs

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
There will absolutely be a taker. It's so hard to win a cup in this league some team will think signing Voynov passes the cost/benefit analysis

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I love his game on the ice. I'd take him on the Oilers in a heart beat.

Everyone has an ass**** side. Absolutely everyone. It's mostly how you learn from your mistakes that determines what kind of man you are, not the mistakes, as everyone makes those without exception. He's young and you just hope he learns from it and NEVER does it again.

But if he makes the same mistake again, I'd be the first to say 'strap him on a rocket and shoot him into the sun.'

This guy beat the shit out of his wife. Not just lost his temper. He didn't slash a goalie. He didn't spear another player. This isn't that asshole that everyone loves to shit on but you would love on your team. He is a wife beater.

He should be in jail. He shouldn't be in the NHL.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
This guy beat the **** out of his wife. Not just lost his temper. He didn't slash a goalie. He didn't spear another player. This isn't that ******* that everyone loves to **** on but you would love on your team. He is a wife beater.

He should be in jail. He shouldn't be in the NHL.

Yeah, he probably does deserve time in jail. I'm not really familiar with the repercussions he had to deal with, if any, but anyone who does that should face some stiff penalties, no doubt about it. I grew up in a house with abuse, so I'm well aware at how devastating it is, so I'm by no means trying to downplay those type of actions. Just that I believe people should have 2nd chances after they face the consequences, basically.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
LA has said he will not be a king. That said LA has had a hole on the right side of their second pair since he "left"

Would fill needs of a lot of teams.
where did the kings say this ? I think ur only using part of a old quote saying the kings are not interested in commenting on the slava voynov situation as it was to early in the situation . Now if u have a quote more recent then that which come out when slava just got in the states I would love to it cause i have not seen it.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Yeah, he probably does deserve time in jail. I'm not really familiar with the repercussions he had to deal with, if any, but anyone who does that should face some stiff penalties, no doubt about it. I grew up in a house with abuse, so I'm well aware at how devastating it is, so I'm by no means trying to downplay those type of actions. Just that I believe people should have 2nd chances after they face the consequences, basically.

He got zero repercussions. He returned to Russia where he made millions playing hockey in the KHL. He didnt serve any jail time.

Read the story and tell me he deserves to be in the NHL:
Slava Voynov police report: argument details, choking, kicking alleged - Los Angeles Times

Apparently you can get 8 stitches and cuts and bruises all over your body, along with blood all over the room from as Voynov stated "she hit the edge of the television as she was getting out of bed".

The guy is a monster.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
where did the kings say this ? I think ur only using part of a old quote saying the kings are not interested in commenting on the slava voynov situation as it was to early in the situation . Now if u have a quote more recent then that which come out when slava just got in the states I would love to it cause i have not seen it.
Ya I cannot find it but I think it was pretty recent

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
He got zero repercussions. He returned to Russia where he made millions playing hockey in the KHL. He didnt serve any jail time.

Slava Voynov police report: argument details, choking, kicking alleged - Los Angeles Times

Apparently you can get 8 stitches and cuts and bruises all over your body, along with blood all over the room from as Voynov stated "she hit the edge of the television as she was getting out of bed".

The guy is a monster.

What he did was absolutely disgusting. It was incredibly hard for me just to read, especially because I lived through some of that (though perhaps not as harsh). He deserves some jail time IMO, without a doubt.

Last edited:

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
he spent 2 months in jail

Ah okay. Yeah, this is a complex issue and topic. Like, I don't know if 2 months is enough. I mean, who really does? For some it probably would be enough to rehabilitate that behavior, and for others it wouldn't be enough.

It's an absolutely horrible thing he did, but if he did do 2 months in jail, and went through the ringer in public like he did, having his reputation destroyed (and deservedly so), it just might be enough to change that behavior and make him build a life the right way this time. Again, I believe in second chances. But as I've said a couple times, if he does it again he needs to have the book thrown at him.

It's a tough and complex social and legal issue, and there's never clear enough objective answers to satisfy everyone.

Last edited:

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls

The guy is a monster.

Bobby Hull

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
he spent 2 months in jail

Are you trying to say that is enough for a guy who has beat his wife multiple times?

He could have killed her. Punching her, kicking her, choking her. The only reason he didnt get more is because she refused to testify.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Are you trying to say that is enough for a guy who has beat his wife multiple times?

He could have killed her. Punching her, kicking her, choking her. The only reason he didnt get more is because she refused to testify.

holy read into a post much. A poster said he deserves jailtime. I said "he spent 2 months in jail". At no point did I indicate if I believe this is an adequate amount or too much time, at no point did I make any reference to literally anything else.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Some team will decide he's too talented to pass on and then we'll all get to watch as their fans contort themselves into his defenders.

Also, I had assumed he was playing in the KHL again this season after nothing happened with his NHL bid earlier.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
holy read into a post much. A poster said he deserves jailtime. I said "he spent 2 months in jail". At no point did I indicate if I believe this is an adequate amount or too much time, at no point did I make any reference to literally anything else.

Totally fair. Sorry about that.

Reactions: YP44

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

The guy is a monster.
Yup, and it's sickening that people would be just fine with having him on their team. Dude has no remorse for anything he did and does not deserve to be in this league. I hope no team takes him back due to the absolute PR nightmare it would cause for them.

Reactions: Syckle78

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Yup, and it's sickening that people would be just fine with having him on their team. Dude has no remorse for anything he did and does not deserve to be in this league. I hope no team takes him back due to the absolute PR nightmare it would cause for them.

I would have a hard time routing for the Ducks if they signed him.

Reactions: dracom

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA

How do you know he doesn't have remorse for the incident? Did he tell you that personally. All you are doing is spreading more hate and BS.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Very surprising that he will be able to come back to North America. Both the US and Canada have very stringent rules for admitting people with criminal charges or records since 9/11. I believe the US was going to deport him, so he left voluntarily to avoid that after his lawyer was able to secure a deal with the prosecutors. It goes to show you that people with cash can get away with lots.

People make mistakes and they deserve another chance. It's just not fair for others though who have to live with lifetime consequences of having been charged by police and who have no cash.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad