News: Slava Voynov reinstated July 1, 2020, suspended for 2019/2020 season/playoffs

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
why does voynov receive any more backlash than austin watson?

I've been asking myself the same question. I somehow suspect that if he was a Canadian, this wouldn't be nearly the issue some are making it out to be. Otherwise Watson and others (P.Roy, etc) would be getting the same sort of shit... but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I've been asking myself the same question. I somehow suspect that if he was a Canadian, this wouldn't be nearly the issue some are making it out to be. Otherwise Watson and others (P.Roy, etc) would be getting the same sort of ****... but that doesn't appear to be the case.
Exactly. Why is Watson playing again? Crazy. Complete bullshit to base it on his nationality. Mind boggling to me.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
are you kidding?
why can't that actually be the truth You realize the cop reports were made based on a interview with Marta who's first language is Russian and there was no interpreter at the interview. I think this fact is going unnoticed in this thread . Where as i don't think nothing happened i think the truth is somewhere between the report the cops are giving and what marta said in her report

Dump Itch

Sep 9, 2017
What if the NHL reinstates him but he is only allowed to sign for minimal salary and no playoff games forever.

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
They held onto his rights or something like that if he is reinstated he is automatically Kings property so either he signs a contract with us and we trade him or he signs and plays for us . I hope it’s the latter on honestly
He’ll be a ufa when he returns. Kings have his rights until he is reinstated.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
why can't that actually be the truth You realize the cop reports were made based on a interview with Marta who's first language is Russian and there was no interpreter at the interview. I think this fact is going unnoticed in this thread . Where as i don't think nothing happened i think the truth is somewhere between the report the cops are giving and what marta said in her report

Personally, I don't believe it. BUT, neither do I think he should be receiving the vitriol he's been receiving, when other players in the NHL haven't received anything remotely close to this for very similar acts.

Reactions: andys

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Personally, I don't believe it. BUT, neither do I think he should be receiving the vitriol he's been receiving, when other players in the NHL haven't received anything remotely close to this for very similar acts.
My point was simple the cops testimony is tinted without a interpreter there. There testimony should be dismissed but thats only my opinion

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
My point was simple the cops testimony is tinted without a interpreter there. There testimony should be dismissed but thats only my opinion

Yeah the language issue could potentially be a big one... but that really depends on how fluent she is in English, and that's not something I can really comment on.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Yeah the language issue could potentially be a big one... but that really depends on how fluent she is in English, and that's not something I can really comment on.

Well according to reports her first language is Russian and was still learning English. I can just picture a police officer with leading question on a shaken Marta. I think being in a hospital being treated can be overwhelming to a person who is not comfortable in English

Reactions: Riptide

BamBam1031

Aug 8, 2008
I think it would be a PR nightmare for any reasonably sized market team to sign him

Los Angeles, which can be called a "reasonably sized market," just signed Jason Kidd to be their top assistant coach (read: future head coach). This is in LA, in a sport populated by mostly PC African Americans. No backlash.

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
Los Angeles, which can be called a "reasonably sized market," just signed Jason Kidd to be their top assistant coach (read: future head coach). This is in LA, in a sport populated by mostly PC African Americans. No backlash.
Yeah I'm talking about the NHL, not the NBA. That joke of a league runs on controversy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->