Slater Koekkoek

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I know he's only played 3 games with the Hawks, but I've liked what I've seen so far.
He seems to be fine in his own end and has a decent shot. What say you? I want to give him more time on the left side after either Gus or Goose are traded. I want to see if Stan has found a hidden gem.
I wish there was a "player discussion" tag on our forum but I guess we don't have that on HF Hawks.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I agree. This guy was highly regarded when he got drafted. I know he's had a number of injuries that stalled his development and the Bolts are deep on D----I think, in time, he'll be a fine 2nd pairing D man for the Hawks and hope he gets a quality chance from here on out.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Just a guy for me right now. Hardly notice him and unlike someone like Dahlstrom, 4K doesn't seem to get a ton of shutdown minutes that would make it harder to be noticed.

Still has A+ nickname material though.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Come on now people .. he's not just " a guy " he's a Koo Koo Guy!
I do see him as more than just a guy though .. just to be clear.
Time's a gunna tell!

swerdnase

Jan 27, 2013
I think I have only seen two or three plays where I thought, "That was a good play" but I really can't recall anything he's done badly either so I guess that's good. I'll disagree about his shot however, it's looked weak to me.

Crow

May 19, 2014
seems like a Jordan Oesterle to me...these guys look decent for the first 5-6 games then reality kicks in as you get to see them over time. maybe he turns into something but clearly need a longer amount of games to go one way or another on it.
I’ve been watch some AZ games lately and oesterle has been playing pretty well. He stands out as a positive in every game I’ve seen. Even player on a shit team. Moves the puck well and gets some shots through still.

Reactions: bwana63

giza

Jul 19, 2011
If he's a defensive defenseman who occasionally contributes some offense, then not being noticeable is actually pretty good. The less you notice young defenseman the better, IMO.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Kook has be very good.

Hate comparing but his game is very Muzzin- like.

Think he fits into the Hawks plans

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
More than anything, the Hawks need defenseman who can:
  • win 1-on-1 battles in defensive zone
  • keep up with speedy wingers
  • execute quick passes to get the puck up ice to our forwards
  • intelligently engage in offensive zone
(So long as Stan is our GM, our defense will never be built with lumbering stay-at-home types.)

It's only been 3 games, but he seems to be better than some of our other guys at these skills.

Naster Okan

Jan 8, 2019
He seemed to be pretty noticeable out there tonight. Towards the end of the game I noticed he and Gus had played slightly more than Keith/Seabs.

Edit: I realize it was against a pretty deflated team. But any chance he can play that way consistently its a nice welcome.

Reactions: clydesdale line

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
perfect sell now candidate - got this guy as a throw in basically, if we can get something decent for him after another strong week, I say do it - kids are on the way, where does he even fit in next year if Mitchell and Boqvist make the jump??
#7 D-man.

He likely signs for 700K x 1

I don't think Mitchell & Boqvist will be on team however, unless one of them beats out Jokiharju & Dahlstrom. I think the LOCKS for the D next year are -

Keith - Seabrook
Gus - _____
____ - Murphy

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
#7 D-man.

He likely signs for 700K x 1

I don't think Mitchell & Boqvist will be on team however, unless one of them beats out Jokiharju & Dahlstrom. I think the LOCKS for the D next year are -

Keith - Seabrook
Gus - _____
____ - Murphy
I am going to go out on a limb and say at least 1 of those 2 will be up with the Hawks next year (meaning playing a significant amount of games)- they simply have to, the defense is set for that to happen and we desperately need their skill. Joker will be in his second year by then and ready for a bigger role, I have liked Kookoo, but if he can be packaged in for something that is a serious upgrade I am all for it.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad