Slater Koekkoek

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
I like 4k and wouldn't be too quick to move him. He has played decent so far and loved his body check last night. If he can develop more like that than he is a steal. Give him time to adapt to the Hawks system and see if he pans out or not. So far he has been pretty good and I can see him develop into a 3/4 defense man.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Unless he grows into a second pairing D, I don't see a place for him on the roster.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I liked him at draft , Liked him as prospect and thus far like what he has shown as Hawk

Certainly doing very well in audition for role on Hawks team next year thus far

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I liked the feel of getting this guy right from the start and I am super happy to see him growing into a role on the team. I think we should hold onto him. If we're looking to trade a dman I would look to Forsling first.

shidler

Jan 20, 2016
I like 4k and wouldn't be too quick to move him. He has played decent so far and loved his body check last night. If he can develop more like that than he is a steal. Give him time to adapt to the Hawks system and see if he pans out or not. So far he has been pretty good and I can see him develop into a 3/4 defense man.

I ll take KK over Seabs, Keith, Dahlstrom.

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
Forsling is definitely the defens man to move and they should move Gus but only in the right deal. No doubt Bowman is fielding offers for guys like Gus, Saad, Anisimov, etc. but will not make any moves until almost up to the deadline as that is when the best deals are made when teams get the most desparate. Bowman needs to look to the future and not to the here and now except for minor pieces that can contribute in a positive way.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Forsling is definitely the defens man to move and they should move Gus but only in the right deal. No doubt Bowman is fielding offers for guys like Gus, Saad, Anisimov, etc. but will not make any moves until almost up to the deadline as that is when the best deals are made when teams get the most desparate. Bowman needs to look to the future and not to the here and now except for minor pieces that can contribute in a positive way.

The other guys you mentioned yes but Saad seems to be in tune with JC's coaching style. He had better fetch a lot if Stan deals him. It is pretty obvious that Hawks need more grit in the line-up and the org lacks it at all levels. We saw just last game that Saad can play the PF role when he puts his mind to it. Dealing him away makes Hawks all the softer.

Reactions: featherhawk

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Unless he grows into a second pairing D, I don't see a place for him on the roster.

Well, sure. Thing is, there’s only one way to find out. He needs to be in the rotation, until proven otherwise. Opportunity is a funny thing, especially with players who have been blocked for a good while. Gotta let this one play out.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
The other guys you mentioned yes but Saad seems to be in tune with JC's coaching style. He had better fetch a lot if Stan deals him. It is pretty obvious that Hawks need more grit in the line-up and the org lacks it at all levels. We saw just last game that Saad can play the PF role when he puts his mind to it. Dealing him away makes Hawks all the softer.
Could not a agree more

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Well, sure. Thing is, there’s only one way to find out. He needs to be in the rotation, until proven otherwise. Opportunity is a funny thing, especially with players who have been blocked for a good while. Gotta let this one play out.
For sure. Keep giving him minutes. But it's annoying that we have a big rotation of bottom pairing defenders.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Assuming no injury. I thnk JC should play K4 and sit Forsling (or send him to RFD).

However it seems JC is set on rotating his Dmen. I don't like that decision. Not as long as Hawks have a legit shot at a WC spot.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
For sure. Keep giving him minutes. But it's annoying that we have a big rotation of bottom pairing defenders.

That’s the circle of NHL life, lol. Yeah, we’ve got a slew of third pairing guys. Gotta separate the wheat from the chaff. If one or two of these guys elevate themselves into legit 2nd pairing guys, all the better.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
That’s the circle of NHL life, lol. Yeah, we’ve got a slew of third pairing guys. Gotta separate the wheat from the chaff. If one or two of these guys elevate themselves into legit 2nd pairing guys, all the better.
I'm hoping someone gets weeded out in time for the deadline.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
agreed, I think Forsling at this time is the most likely to go - whether packaged in a deal or sent out by himself, Forsling and Kruger seem like the most likely players to go soon...Kampf should be back next week or in 10 days I believe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->