Post-Game Talk: Slaf! Cole! Datsy-slick Nick! Young guns offer wings to Habs fans and bury the Yotes.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
giphy_1_orig.gif

There... use the Inset Image icon and paste in the link to the GIF (or JIF)...

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
Was coming to post something VERY similar lol
You can say what you want about the cap hit, nothing we can do about that now
Still cant pass too great lol
Not a PP guy

But man, healthy Gallagher over Injured gallagher us NIGHT and day (obviously) but still just wasnt expecting that stark of a difference in energy and effort
When he was coming down I said out loud just SHOOT it bud dont do anything fancy
It was a great shot and full credit to him
The deadwood is dead wood but at least we're getting something, anything from gallagher right now
And as a vet presence , he's doing it right too, not sulking about not being captain, content to be any kind of leader
And it looks like all the youth surrounding him may really energize him more

Anyway, definitely toning it down on him lol, for now
If he prevents us from getting a “Toronto loser” culture, he’s worth every penny.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
4iZyese.jpg

Looking at 5v5 hockey we were allowed to go in deep right at the net almost, and some great shots were made back at the top corner slot. The Yotes were tied up in our end and couldn't get a clear shot

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Depends on the kids ofcourse, Harris is 22 years old already and Xhekaj is 21...
That's obviously an important factor. From my experience though, most young people I know (my friends with young adult kids). Most of them can't do their own laundry or can't properly cook for themselves. A few of them I wouldn't be surprised if their Mom still cuts their meat for them. Growing up, my parents made sure that I knew how to do those types of things.

Reactions: Runner77

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Kovacevic with another solid low-event performance. Great job! Wideman must be sweating right about now...

Wideman overcomplicates things sometimes when he gets the puck in his own end, especially on retrieval. What could he a simple outlet pass ends up being a full 30 second shift in our zone.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
There will probably be plenty of low points for our kids as they develop and gel as a team but games like the one last night certainly make watching hockey fun again. I really love Xhekaj and what he brings, my dad used to refer to John Ferguson as the policeman and I can see this kid playing the same role. I have always had a soft spot for the tougher players during my time as a habs fan.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

As I mentioned in the GDT, 4 of those players who were on the ice when Kassian levelled Monty, are no longer with the team(Petry, Poehling, Kulak and Dauphin). This is not a coincidence, as per Renaud Lavoie.

The 5th remaining spectator-player (Hoffman) is only still with the team cause Hughes has been unable to move him.

Last edited:

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
As I mentioned in the GDT, 4 of those players who were on the ice when Kassian levelled Monty, are no longer with the team. This is not a coincidence, as per Renaud Lavoie.

The 5th remaining spectator-player (Hoffman) is only still with the team cause Hughes has been unable to move him.
The great purge.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
As I mentioned in the GDT, 4 of those players who were on the ice when Kassian levelled Monty, are no longer with the team. This is not a coincidence, as per Renaud Lavoie.

Really good quote in response to my Kassian quip in the GDT Buddy. It's nice to be right before the fact sometimes...

Who am I kidding? All the time. :laugh:

Yep and then Kovacevic even if he has been good.
Actually runner has it right Schuneman and then Wideman. No way I don't keep Kovacevic over those two.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Really good quote in response to my Kassian quip in the GDT Buddy. It's nice to be right before the fact sometimes...

Who am I kidding? All the time. :laugh:

Actually runner has it right Schuneman and then Wideman. No way I don't keep Kovacevic over those two.

Kova has been pretty solid so far. I am pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Has his play along with Harris and Guhle made Edmunston expendable? so far,they deserve to stay in the line-up imo.
No, Edmundson on the right side is still better than both Wideman and Kovcevic. Matheson too, though not needed, if at worst the right side is patrolled by Savard, Edmundson and Harris.

Our three weakest D of the 7 plus 2 injured guys are Schu, Wideman and Kova. The six regulars are really fairly decent as a group, and the three young ones will only get better, while only Savard is past 30 (32).
Can add Dvorsky, Yager and Ritchie too.

Top 7 pick and i'm very happy. I think Habs are going to be better than bottom 3, but a top 7 pick will be a big W with the young great players we already have.
It's not impossible to get good players even past 7.

Suzuki was 13, Caufield was 15, Guhle 16.

There is no point stressing over a smaller consolation prize for sucking because in fact you suck less.

The draft system is designed for the "compensation" to only help partially.

And in the end, all teams have the same cap to work with, and smart cap management will help teams at all phases of their compete cycle.

If Hugo are good at evaluation and good at cap management, the team should start competing for playoff round wins within a couple of years at most.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
As a dad of two young adult sons, I agree. Giving two young men their own apartment with no supervision might be a good script for a Kevin Smith movie, but it's a recipe for disaster for hockey prospects.
Nothing to question about this managements decision making in terms of player Dev. It's been spot on so far.

Reactions: Runner77

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019

So from the clip I only caught Petry and Poehling... and you say Hoff. Who are the other 2 that were on the ice?

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
How do you insert a gif? I wanna be part of it! When I copy paste it shows me just a normal picture...

This game was full of gifs content!
Had to download it to my pc and then drag and drop it into the picture upload place on the forums… url never worked

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I would call it Caufieldian as this is something Cole does often. Trail the goalie to his offside to open-up the opposite corner. Cole does it both from close or afar. Saw him do that a few times last season.
Yup. It was brought up last year when Nick scored using exactly the same move on a penalty shot. He learned that move from Caufield.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad