Post-Game Talk: Slaf! Cole! Datsy-slick Nick! Young guns offer wings to Habs fans and bury the Yotes.

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
Gallagher mea culpa post here
I really thought Gally was just a liability going forward, ignored the bounce back thread, put him on same sentences as Hoffman and Armia....yikes
If his energy level stays this way all season long he will be a big part of this team and help develop the kids
And even if not, the way he was showing Slaf what to do like waving to the crowd or how to do the first star routine, the way he stood for Suzuki the other night, his work ethics and lead by example.
The last season made me forget the inspiration he was for lots of years starting with his first ones and how he always worked his ass off when others slacked

His cap is still bad, bit not his fault, he was a bargain for so long too

Good to have him around ;)

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I’m a pro tanker and we need another good tank year.

But i can live with a win last yesterday any day of the week. Suzuki, Caufield, Slaf with a goal, Dach with a assist, Guhle, Harris and Xhekaj solid as hell.

The minute we start winning because Hoffman and Wideman are scoring goals, is the minute I will get mad.

But right now, everything has been the future of the team coming through. Plus Monahan who's essentially playing his way into another 1st round pick for our coffers.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I’m a pro tanker and we need another good tank year.

But i can live with a win last yesterday any day of the week. Suzuki, Caufield, Slaf with a goal, Dach with a assist, Guhle, Harris and Xhekaj solid as hell.

Definitely some bright spots going forward. I do really like what Hughes and Gorton have done on the offensive side. This team has some size and grit now, and it's not just for show like with the random enforcers we used to get.

Xhekaj, I really like. He seems highly coachable as well, could turn out into something real nice for the club.

Eigon

Nov 18, 2018
One of my favorites pics of the night. X and Slaf have a broski thing going. Slaf's fully dressed hockey blade, gets top billing too.

OUOeED4.jpg
A first overall pick falling in love with an undrafted Costco kid is the start of any Hugh Grant rom com sh*t if I know one. Or a Shakespearian Romeo and Juliet tragedy :sarcasm:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
They will not waive Wideman, at worst he'll be the extra guy.

Apparently, he's the most chatty/friendly guy in the locker room.

Guys appreciate him a lot so he's not getting waived.
This is a GM who was not afraid to trade Toffoli even though his coach said he acted like the real captain of the team. Therefore, I do not think locker room issues will dictate the roster decisions.

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
Anyone not letting themselves enjoy wins like this is really missing the point. I would be mad with wins in a year like this if it was because of throwing old bums like Drouin and Hoffman out constantly to pad stats while our kids sat on the bench, but when it's the future of our team thats out there winning games then it's far more of a benefit than a few draft slots.

We've already done a good portion of the work to start our rebuild last deadline, we only have a handful of good moves to make again this deadline and then a few contracts to expire before HuGo really starts building their team.

Tldr: Caufield, Suzuki, Guhle, Harris, Xhekaj, Dach, Slaf developing >>>> a couple draft spots that are subject to a lottery anyways

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
How do you insert a gif? I wanna be part of it! When I copy paste it shows me just a normal picture...

This game was full of gifs content!
you have to first upload it to a platform like "imgur" or "giphy" etc..theres dozens of sites, then you have to copy the link and paste it here...is what I do anyway

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

HostileCapSpace

Jul 1, 2019
Montreal
Just realized Dadonov was the most used forward. lol (Hoffman the least). To be fair with the big lead MSL just rolled the lines and ice time was pretty equal all around.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
I really thought Gally was just a liability going forward, ignored the bounce back thread, put him on same sentences as Hoffman and Armia....yikes
If his energy level stays this way all season long he will be a big part of this team and help develop the kids
And even if not, the way he was showing Slaf what to do like waving to the crowd or how to do the first star routine, the way he stood for Suzuki the other night, his work ethics and lead by example.
The last season made me forget the inspiration he was for lots of years starting with his first ones and how he always worked his ass off when others slacked

If nothing else Gally is a Warrior

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Was coming to post something VERY similar lol
You can say what you want about the cap hit, nothing we can do about that now
Still cant pass too great lol
Not a PP guy

But man, healthy Gallagher over Injured gallagher us NIGHT and day (obviously) but still just wasnt expecting that stark of a difference in energy and effort
When he was coming down I said out loud just SHOOT it bud dont do anything fancy
It was a great shot and full credit to him
The deadwood is dead wood but at least we're getting something, anything from gallagher right now
And as a vet presence , he's doing it right too, not sulking about not being captain, content to be any kind of leader
And it looks like all the youth surrounding him may really energize him more

Anyway, definitely toning it down on him lol, for now

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig