Skyrim Special Edition - 6 years of arrows to the knees

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
*bump*

I'm particularly interested in mods that improve the appearance of hair/faces/etc. Anything that improves gameplay mechanics, visuals, performance, or adds cool extras that I don't want to miss would be very helpful to know about though.

Thanks in advance!

I don't know about consoles, but generally you just go to one of the mod hubs , sort by popularity and it will give you a good idea what you want (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/top/?). Faces/hair and visuals are usually at the top of the list, then you sort by category to see the best of the rest.

Don't recall the name or if/where it is on console, but depending on how you want to play I'd recommend is a multiple followers mod. Normally in a Bethesda game you can take only one companion at a time along with you, but there are mods to remove that limit so you can travel with a party.

Also don't go downloading 50+ mods at once then starting up the game, as if there's a conflict somewhere that breaks the game you'll have a heck of a time finding it. Best to load the game up with a couple at a time to make sure things are stable, then quit and load more. There's an optimal order to load them as well, starting with the big stuff like graphic and gameplay overhauls first then working your way down the list.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
I don't know about consoles, but generally you just go to one of the mod hubs , sort by popularity and it will give you a good idea what you want (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/top/?). Faces/hair and visuals are usually at the top of the list, then you sort by category to see the best of the rest.

Don't recall the name or if/where it is on console, but depending on how you want to play I'd recommend is a multiple followers mod. Normally in a Bethesda game you can take only one companion at a time along with you, but there are mods to remove that limit so you can travel with a party.

Also don't go downloading 50+ mods at once then starting up the game, as if there's a conflict somewhere that breaks the game you'll have a heck of a time finding it. Best to load the game up with a couple at a time to make sure things are stable, then quit and load more. There's an optimal order to load them as well, starting with the big stuff like graphic and gameplay overhauls first then working your way down the list.

Thanks!

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
If you bought it on steam just right click it, select properties and under local files click on verify integrity of game files. It will uninstall all mods and get the game working in vanilla again.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Platinumed the special edition on the PS4. Only have the dawn guard trophies left.

Yeah i was gonna get all the achievements on 360 but then I just got bored. Then I got a pc version and now I can't ever go back to a console Bethesda game :laugh:

Congrats on your future 100% cause dawnguard is really easy to run through them

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Any Xbox mods you guys highly recommend? I recently bought the SE on sale, and figured I already beat it once on 360, might as well mod up and have a go with it.

Not looking for the crazy mods, like Thomas the train dragons or anything like that. Looking moreso for 1) appearance/graphic upgrades 2) gameplay upgrades or extended gameplay 3) realistic/legit weapons and armour mods.

Just mods that will let me have a different experience this go around, without being game breaking.

Edit: saw the above answer to another poster, and being familiar with FO4 mods now, I got a grasp on all that, to clarify, I'm looking for any specific mod suggestions that people enjoy, I don't have a whole lot of time to load up one by one and see how I like them, TIA!

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
This game just got updated to be Xbox One X enhanced. Best looking version so far IMO. :thumbu:
I literally just bought it yesterday, can't wait to dive back in after not playing since it came out on 360.

Started a bit last night gonna run through without any mods so I can get my achievements though.

Reactions: Lancer

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Any Xbox mods you guys highly recommend? I recently bought the SE on sale, and figured I already beat it once on 360, might as well mod up and have a go with it.

Not looking for the crazy mods, like Thomas the train dragons or anything like that. Looking moreso for 1) appearance/graphic upgrades 2) gameplay upgrades or extended gameplay 3) realistic/legit weapons and armour mods.

Just mods that will let me have a different experience this go around, without being game breaking.

Edit: saw the above answer to another poster, and being familiar with FO4 mods now, I got a grasp on all that, to clarify, I'm looking for any specific mod suggestions that people enjoy, I don't have a whole lot of time to load up one by one and see how I like them, TIA!

For #3 you probably want the Immserive Armors and Immersive Weapons mods, those two should be the gold standard for adding a bunch o lore-friendly weapons and armors to the game and should be on Xbox.

Otherwise I think most people here probably play on PC, so not sure what specifically is or isn't available on Xbox. Personally I just started up a game recently again and am using the Requiem overhaul mod, which including campfire and frostfall makes the entire game not only much harder but de-levels everything along with a bunch of other changes to make it a more old school CRPG-like experience. De-leveling here means the game doesn't adjust to your current level but rather everything already has a set level, so for example things like Draugr are extremely tough when starting out.

Reactions: tmurfin

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

May be a bit late if you're well into your game, and it's a huge one so not sure if available on XBox, but one that I'd forgotten about that's a must is Interesting NPC's. It populates the world with over 250 fully voiced (and high quality-professionally done) NPC's, 25+ that can be followers and 50+ quests to go along with it.

I had it installed in my first playthrough of Skyrim without really realizing what it was or what it was doing, and now a reasonable way into my current game I've kept thinking 'where are all those characters I remember meeting the last time?' It really fleshes out the world adding loads of people all over Skyrim that you can actually talk to beyond a simlpe quest line.

I couldn't remember the specific mod or find it at first because on the mod nexus because I was looking under Companions/Followers but it's actually under NPC's.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
May be a bit late if you're well into your game, and it's a huge one so not sure if available on XBox, but one that I'd forgotten about that's a must is Interesting NPC's. It populates the world with over 250 fully voiced (and high quality-professionally done) NPC's, 25+ that can be followers and 50+ quests to go along with it.

I had it installed in my first playthrough of Skyrim without really realizing what it was or what it was doing, and now a reasonable way into my current game I've kept thinking 'where are all those characters I remember meeting the last time?' It really fleshes out the world adding loads of people all over Skyrim that you can actually talk to beyond a simlpe quest line.

I couldn't remember the specific mod or find it at first because on the mod nexus because I was looking under Companions/Followers but it's actually under NPC's.
That sounds pretty awesome, hopefully it's on the console edition.

I'm working my way through my first play since 360 and I'm attempting to get as many achievements as possible, but I'm thinking of starting a second character.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Started a new game. Im 24 hours in and havent even completed "The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller". Just been exploring. Im forcing myself to play differnently. Id always gone two handed/heavy armour now trying one handed/light armour/stealth.

Id forgotten how hard dragons can be at low levels/poor gear. I also ran up against a Dragon Priest at like level 10 and got destroyed.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Started a new game. Im 24 hours in and havent even completed "The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller". Just been exploring. Im forcing myself to play differnently. Id always gone two handed/heavy armour now trying one handed/light armour/stealth.

Id forgotten how hard dragons can be at low levels/poor gear. I also ran up against a Dragon Priest at like level 10 and got destroyed.
I always play conjuror and conjure up swords and bows. It's nice because I never have to carry weapons. I always tell myself I will play differently the next time... However I never do. I always get bugged out about carrying so much crap that I don't NEED to carry.

Reactions: Commander Clueless

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I always play conjuror and conjure up swords and bows. It's nice because I never have to carry weapons. I always tell myself I will play differently the next time... However I never do. I always get bugged out about carrying so much crap that I don't NEED to carry.

I feel like we had similar playstyles.

I loved the conjure weapons. Battlemage style!

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I feel like we had similar playstyles.

I loved the conjure weapons. Battlemage style!
Exactly!

I would sometimes wear a robe / cowl but 99% of the time I was buffing light armor. Also, I would say I was 90% bow (once I got my conjure skill up) and only conjured up a sword if something was chasing me and made it close-quarters.

Light Armor
Sneak
Conjuration
Archery

Top 4 areas to level for me.

Reactions: Commander Clueless

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Exactly!

I would sometimes wear a robe / cowl but 99% of the time I was buffing light armor. Also, I would say I was 90% bow (once I got my conjure skill up) and only conjured up a sword if something was chasing me and made it close-quarters.

Light Armor
Sneak
Conjuration
Archery

Top 4 areas to level for me.

I was personally a fan of targeting the ground with chain lightning and sending enemies flying into the sky. :laugh:

Great game. We really need another Elder Scrolls.

Reactions: Lancer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad