Value of: Skjei + DeAngelo to Leafs for Liljegren + 25OA + 2019 1st

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Title says it all.

NY has 4 good LD prospects, not ready, and this is a gamble for them, as Skjei is a known, solid commodity with superior potential. RD Lil-meister looks good, but more than a late 1st this year is required.

DeAngelo quietly had a good year this season, despite AV. Former 19OA. Available now, would keep but open to including to add value.

Deal immediately bolsters leafs for this season and successive years, rangers grab selections in deep draft years and an extra asset, 3 for 2.

Thoughts?

til later...

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Isn't Skjei what you hope a prospect turns into? I think the Rangers hold onto him for at least 1 more season with a new coach coming in. I'm not sure what ADA's value actually is. I don't think the value is terrible for either team but I just don't see Tor. moving Lilgegren or the Rangers moving Skjei either.

Reactions: Rangers_23

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
DeAngelo isn't good.

Skjei is young, why deal him ?

Why do the leafs deal 2 1sts and a prospect they just drafted in the first

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
DeAngelo isn't good.

Skjei is young, why deal him ?

Why do the leafs deal 2 1sts and a prospect they just drafted in the first

DeAngelo has very good potential and will be a top 4 Dman . Lets tweak a bit Skjei, DeAngelo for Liljegren, Kapanen and 25OA . Rangers are giving up 2 1st round picks , TO giving up 2 first round picks and Kapanen ( who is worth a 2nd rounder )

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
DeAngelo has very good potential and will be a top 4 Dman . Lets tweak a bit Skjei, DeAngelo for Liljegren, Kapanen and 25OA . Rangers are giving up 2 1st round picks , TO giving up 2 first round picks and Kapanen ( who is worth a 2nd rounder )

I like your deal better but I still don't think Tor. agrees.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Leafs major need is RHD. They already have a ton of depth of LHD. There isn't any real need for Skjei from that perspective, and personally, I think DeAngelo could be a downgrade on Lily, whom I'd rather keep. It makes no sense of the Leafs to do this trade, based on structure, nothing to do with value.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I don't think I'd like this from the Leafs point of view.

We need the RHD in the system more than we need the LHD on the team right now. The 1st round picks make it even more of a no.

Jul 10, 2003
KW

If DeAngelo is worth a 1st then so is Kapanen, or did his value drop once he made the NHL?

Reactions: Kelly

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
DeAngelo is not good defensively and likely never will be. He's a bust at this point.

Liljegren's development makes me not want to trade him.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Title says it all.

NY has 4 good LD prospects, not ready, and this is a gamble for them, as Skjei is a known, solid commodity with superior potential. RD Lil-meister looks good, but more than a late 1st this year is required.

DeAngelo quietly had a good year this season, despite AV. Former 19OA. Available now, would keep but open to including to add value.

Deal immediately bolsters leafs for this season and successive years, rangers grab selections in deep draft years and an extra asset, 3 for 2.

Thoughts?

til later...

A respectful but quick 'No' from the Leafs.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Labeling a 22 year old as a bust is an incredibly foolish statement.

He had a negative GFrel% in the AHL as a 22 year old. The number of 22 year old defensemen who had a negative GFrel% in the AHL over the past 5 years and became top 4 defensemen in the NHL is zero.

He's almost 100% sure to be a bust and it's best if you prepare yourself for that outcome.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Deangelo has no value to us.....and if we were to trade Liljegren + 2 1st, including one in 2019, we'd want a better D than Skej- and one who plays the right side, not left. Our left side is not a particular weakness at all.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
I wouldn't trade Kapanen for Deangelo.
Deangelo isn't worth a 1st period

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
He had a negative GFrel% in the AHL as a 22 year old. The number of 22 year old defensemen who had a negative GFrel% in the AHL over the past 5 years and became top 4 defensemen in the NHL is zero.

He's almost 100% sure to be a bust and it's best if you prepare yourself for that outcome.

100%? Really? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Why does he have to become a top-4 dmen to be considered a non-bust? Is there some edict from god that highlights that?

ADA can develop into a bottom pairing, PP QB clipping 40+ point per year as a RHD and that's fine.

Most players, let alone Dmen, don't peak at 22. His GFrel% means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. He's still in the developmental stage in his career and I don't think anyone should be speaking in absolutes about this kid. Players of his caliber don't grow on trees.

I'm almost 100% sure you don't know what the hell you're talking about with ADA.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
100%? Really? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Why does he have to become a top-4 dmen to be considered a non-bust? Is there some edict from god that highlights that?

ADA can develop into a bottom pairing, PP QB clipping 40+ point per year as a RHD and that's fine.

Most players, let alone Dmen, don't peak at 22. His GFrel% means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. He's still in the developmental stage in his career and I don't think anyone should be speaking in absolutes about this kid. Players of his caliber don't grow on trees.

I'm almost 100% sure you don't know what the hell you're talking about with ADA.

Actually, GFrel% is kind of the best predictor of success for AHL defencemen at this moment.

The fact that you're pumping up DeAngelo tells me that you probably have no clue.

Anyway, you keep your hopes up. We'll see in a couple of years.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
NHL career
71-5-17-22 128sog

Those are the numbers of a bust... 22 years old and it’s never going to get better lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad