Proposal: Skinner and Faulk to oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Question: How many games has Jeff Skinner missed over the last four seasons?

Answer:
And he's still put up some pretty mediocre number for a player as good as he can be, outside of his 2 good seasons.

Saying that..he would do well playing IMO with Draisaitl as his set up man.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Cool, keep him then. He was not worth his contract this past year. No one is going to overpay for Skinner. I would say his value is around a mid 1st right now.

Canes fans aren't proposing this trade and we all think it's bad. None of us think anyone is going to overpay for Skinner either so not sure why you are being so snarky. It doesn't mean we can't correct people that have incorrect information on this health because they are thinking of things that happened 5+ years ago.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
And he's still put up some pretty mediocre number for a player as good as he can be, outside of his 2 good seasons.

Saying that..he would do well playing IMO with Draisaitl as his set up man.
He’s got three 30+ goal seasons, has played at a 29 goal pace per 82 games over his career, and is tenth in even strength goals since entering the league. I wouldn’t really call any of that ‘mediocre’.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006

Skinner is a goal scorer, first and foremost.
  • Skinner has three 30+ goals seasons and a 28G season.
  • Skinner averages 29G / 82 games in his NHL career and has only scored less than 20 once (excluding the 48 game lockout season which was > 20G pace).
  • Skinner is 20th in the NHL for Goals scored since he entered the league ahead of Eric Staal, Wayne Simmonds, Taylor Hall, Eberle, Bergeron, Giroux, JVR, Sedin, Wheeler, Duchene, Kopitar, Oshie, etc..
  • Skinner is 11th in the NHL for ES Goals scored since he entered the league ahead of Crosby, Benn, Malkin, Toews, Neal, Pavelski, Wheeler, Marleau, Duchene, Carter, Couture, JVR, Hall, etc... (a few of those guys have played less games).

All this while playing on low scoring teams with guys like Derek Ryan and Victor Rask as his main linemates.

Skinner is a goal scorer so playing with lesser players, he's not going to get a bunch of secondary assist totals. He's also not great defensively so not trying to say he is, but he's put up much better than "medicore" numbers for "2 good seasons".

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
He’s got three 30+ goal seasons, has played at a 29 goal pace per 82 games over his career, and is tenth in even strength goals since entering the league. I wouldn’t really call any of that ‘mediocre’.

Skinner is a goal scorer, first and foremost.
  • Skinner has three 30+ goals seasons and a 28G season.
  • Skinner averages 29G / 82 games in his NHL career and has only scored less than 20 once (excluding the 48 game lockout season which was > 20G pace).
  • Skinner is 20th in the NHL for Goals scored since he entered the league ahead of Eric Staal, Wayne Simmonds, Taylor Hall, Eberle, Bergeron, Giroux, JVR, Sedin, Wheeler, Duchene, Kopitar, Oshie, etc..
  • Skinner is 11th in the NHL for ES Goals scored since he entered the league ahead of Crosby, Benn, Malkin, Toews, Neal, Pavelski, Wheeler, Marleau, Duchene, Carter, Couture, JVR, Hall, etc... (a few of those guys have played less games).

All this while playing on low scoring teams with guys like Derek Ryan and Victor Rask as his main linemates.

Skinner is a goal scorer so playing with lesser players, he's not going to get a bunch of secondary assist totals. He's also not great defensively so not trying to say he is, but he's put up much better than "medicore" numbers for "2 good seasons".

You guys get outta here with your "facts" and stuff.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I`d definately see thoose two teams as good trading-partners. I`d do something like this:

Edmonton get:

-Skinner 5,75M (signed 1yr)
-Faulk 4,83M (signed 2yrs)
-Rask 4M (signed 4yrs)

Carolina get:

-Draisaitl 8,5M (signed for eternity)
-Lucic 6M ( signed 5yrs CAPDUMP)
-10 OA 2018

Oilers upgrade defense and get rid of Lucics contract( which Hurricanes can eat). Rask and Skinner are both good players that will upgrade Oilers offense, but clearly are needing a change of scenery.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I`d definately see thoose two teams as good trading-partners. I`d do something like this:

Edmonton get:

-Rask 4M (signed 4yrs)

Carolina get:

-10 OA 2018

Oilers upgrade defense and get rid of Lucics contract( which Hurricanes can eat). Rask and Skinner are both good players that will upgrade Oilers offense, but clearly are needing a change of scenery.

Now this

This is much fairer

Reactions: MinJaBen

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
What the OP designed to get us to argue? 'Cane fans seem pretty reasonable on this. We all agree this is a terrible trade.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Oilers aren't doing Skinner and Faulk as the centerpieces of a Drai+10OA deal (in fact, Oilers aren't doing Drai as the centerpiece of any deal). Adding Rask and Lucic to it doesn't change that.

I`d imagine that Oilers really want to get rid of Lucic? Getting Rask bumps RNH to 2C and Rask takes 3C. Faulk upgrades their defense by a lot. Skinner is a scorer that Oil really needs. Oilers get better with a trade like this, Canes also. Ofcourse there could be a 2nd added by Canes, but theres some value for both teams in this trade.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Oilers aren't doing Skinner and Faulk as the centerpieces of a Drai+10OA deal (in fact, Oilers aren't doing Drai as the centerpiece of any deal). Adding Rask and Lucic to it doesn't change that.
You're right, Canes need to add

Edmonton get:

-Rask 4M (signed 4yrs)
-Darling 4M (signed 3yrs)
-Ryan on a sign-and-trade

Carolina get:

-10 OA 2018
-4th Round Pick

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I`d imagine that Oilers really want to get rid of Lucic? Getting Rask bumps RNH to 2C and Rask takes 3C. Faulk upgrades their defense by a lot. Skinner is a scorer that Oil really needs. Oilers get better with a trade like this, Canes also. Ofcourse there could be a 2nd added by Canes, but theres some value for both teams in this trade.

Not at the cost of Draisaitl. He, McDavid and Nurse (and probably RNH thanks to his play last year) are considered cornerstone pieces to the franchise moving forward. Would you trade Aho for a scoring but a bit dodgy defensively RHD and a winger like Skinner? Probably not.

The GM, coaches and fans in Edmonton value Draisaitl every bit as much as 'Canes fans value Aho.

You're right, Canes need to add

Edmonton get:

-Rask 4M (signed 4yrs)
-Darling 4M (signed 3yrs)
-Ryan on a sign-and-trade

Carolina get:

-10 OA 2018
-4th Round Pick

This is even worse. Stop asking for Draisaitl unless you're considering moving a valuable piece on the back end like Slavin or Hanifin or Pesce (in some combination).

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
What the OP designed to get us to argue? 'Cane fans seem pretty reasonable on this. We all agree this is a terrible trade.
giphy.gif

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Not at the cost of DraisaitlThis is even worse. Stop asking for Draisaitl unless you're considering moving a valuable piece on the back end like Slavin or Hanifin or Pesce (in some combination).
Nah, we have so much defense that those guys don't carry much value for us in trade opportunities. If we want to get someone like Drai, we have to make it hurt, and trading away basically all our scoring ability in Skinner, Faulk, Rask and an extended Ryan hurts. Plus, we're dealing our starting goalie. Absolutely tough pill to swallow for us, but hey, can't get involved in these talks if you're not willing to make it hurt.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
I love that every Canes fan pops in to say how terrible the OP is, then it gets flooded by a bunch of bullshit hot taeks from Oilers fans. Just lock the shit up.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
Canes fans aren't proposing this trade and we all think it's bad. None of us think anyone is going to overpay for Skinner either so not sure why you are being so snarky. It doesn't mean we can't correct people that have incorrect information on this health because they are thinking of things that happened 5+ years ago.
He had his last Concussion in Oct of 2014. Only 3.5 years ago.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
No, we see him as a 22 yr old 6'2 215lbs 1C (on most teams today) with load of potential.

Excuse us for not wanting to give that away for 2 soon to be UFA's
Lighten up Francis. No one said you had to do anything.

Funny the guy with “McJesus” liked your post.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Getting Rask bumps RNH to 2C and Rask takes 3C. Faulk upgrades their defense by a lot. Skinner is a scorer that Oil really needs. Oilers get better with a trade like this, Canes also. Ofcourse there could be a 2nd added by Canes, but theres some value for both teams in this trade.

That's like saying the Canes really want to get rid of Darling, so we'll trade Aho in a bad deal to do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: TFHockey

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
I love that every Canes fan pops in to say how terrible the OP is, then it gets flooded by a bunch of bull**** hot taeks from Oilers fans. Just lock the **** up.
Agree this should be locked up. This isn't the fault of Canes fans. They all seem to be panning this proposal, agreeing that its in the Canes favour.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
He had his last Concussion in Oct of 2014. Only 3.5 years ago.

And only missed 5 games because of it. Ok instead of 5+, it was 3.6 years ago, but my point still stands. He had 1 really bad concussion (yeah, I know any concussion is bad) where he missed 16 games back in 2011/12 and another where he missed 6 (at the end of the season) in 12/13.

In the last 5 seasons, he's missed a grand total of 19 games: 11 for a wrist injury, 5 for a concussion (4 seasons ago), and 3 for illness/precaution. So his "health" concerns are 5+ years ago, but people still harp on it. Contrast to RNH who's missed 55 games over that same stretch of 5 seasons.

As I stated, his "health" concerns are vastly overblown by fans on HF because they are focused on stuff that, for the most part, happened 5+ years ago.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad