Proposal: Skinner and Faulk to oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Seems like the Oilers overpay. Could probably take out the 10 OA although I'm not sure why EDM would want to move on from Draisaitl and add salary although it does allow Nuge to 2C and gives them a right shot offensive producer on d

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Lol. Faulk is a shell of his former self, is a liability on defence, and his offence seems to be drying up. Skinner had a bad year and has many questions regarding his health. That offer is not even in the ballpark of Draisaitl let alone add the 10th.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Lol. Faulk is a shell of his former self, is a liability on defence, and his offence seems to be drying up. Skinner had a bad year and has many questions regarding his health. That offer is not even in the ballpark of Draisaitl let alone add the 10th.

Not disagreeing with the proposal being bad, but what questions are those?

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
OP looks like a Montreal fan for all the future "I can't believe a Canes fan hurr durred the durr hurr".

Would be easiest just to lock right now.

Reactions: MinJaBen

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Im sure he means his concussion history which changed how he plays.

The only way Skinner's concussion history has "changed how he plays" is that he is probably LESS likely to get a concussion now than other players because he has changed his game to better avoid dangerous situations.

Skinner scored 37 goals in 2016-17, good for #6 in the entire league. His 5v5 goals (28) were 2nd in the league behind Matthews (29) and ahead of #3 Crosby (26). This is years after his most recent concussion.

HF posters are more ignorant about Skinner's history than perhaps any player in the NHL. The confidence in their bad opinions is really fascinating.

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
The only way Skinner's concussion history has "changed how he plays" is that he is probably LESS likely to get a concussion now than other players because he has changed his game to better avoid dangerous situations.

Skinner scored 37 goals in 2016-17, good for #6 in the entire league. His 5v5 goals (28) were 2nd in the league behind Matthews (29) and ahead of #3 Crosby (26). This is years after his most recent concussion.

HF posters are more ignorant about Skinner's history than perhaps any player in the NHL. The confidence in their bad opinions is really fascinating.
Cool, keep him then. He was not worth his contract this past year. No one is going to overpay for Skinner. I would say his value is around a mid 1st right now.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Cool, keep him then. No one is going to overpay for Skinner. I would say his value is around a mid 1st right now.
If Brind'Amour doesn't think much of Skinner then he will be dealt soon and the return will probably be middling. Maybe a #10-20 Overall pick (or comparable prospect/player) + a sweetener. - From Skinner Thread

You and I sir are just going to have to agree to agree. If Skinner is dealt this offseason then I think that is about what he will get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad