Proposal: Skinner and Faulk to oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I`d imagine that Oilers really want to get rid of Lucic? Getting Rask bumps RNH to 2C and Rask takes 3C. Faulk upgrades their defense by a lot. Skinner is a scorer that Oil really needs. Oilers get better with a trade like this, Canes also. Ofcourse there could be a 2nd added by Canes, but theres some value for both teams in this trade.
You don't understand the value of players on a consistent non-playoff team, look at the great returns for Hall/Eberle. You have to pay up for elite Oilers:)

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
He’s got three 30+ goal seasons, has played at a 29 goal pace per 82 games over his career, and is tenth in even strength goals since entering the league. I wouldn’t really call any of that ‘mediocre’.
He is basically Jordan Eberle. Good for 50~ points and 28~ goals a season and absolutely putrid in his own zone. Was going to look at playoff stats but he has never played in them. He is a minus in every season except one, his rookie season, that is insane. Even a horrible defensive player like Eberle on a horrible Edmonton team had more plus seasons.

hockeyguy1967

Aug 24, 2017
And only missed 5 games because of it. Ok instead of 5+, it was 3.6 years ago, but my point still stands. He had 1 really bad concussion (yeah, I know any concussion is bad) where he missed 16 games back in 2011/12 and another where he missed 6 (at the end of the season) in 12/13.

In the last 5 seasons, he's missed a grand total of 19 games: 11 for a wrist injury, 5 for a concussion (4 seasons ago), and 3 for illness/precaution. So his "health" concerns are 5+ years ago, but people still harp on it. Contrast to RNH who's missed 55 games over that same stretch of 5 seasons.

As I stated, his "health" concerns are vastly overblown by fans on HF because they are focused on stuff that, for the most part, happened 5+ years ago.
Not sure why you bring up RNH. He did not miss games because of concussions which is what the issue is for Skinner.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Draisaitl isn't moving from the Oilers, it doesn't matter what the offer is.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
He is a minus in every season except one, his rookie season, that is insane. Even a horrible defensive player like Eberle on a horrible Edmonton team had more plus seasons.

You say this as if there is some material difference between Skinner's (-3) versus Eberle's +3 in 2016-17.

Which is a pretty hilarious hot-take considering that the Oilers as a team were +36 in 2016-17 versus the Canes (-18)

hockeyguy1967

Aug 24, 2017
You say this as if there is some material difference between Skinner's (-3) versus Eberle's +3 in 2016-17.

Which is a pretty hilarious hot-take considering that the Oilers as a team were +36 in 2016-17 versus the Canes (-18)
No, what I am saying is they are both very similar players. Absolutely HORRIBLE in there own zone, atrocious. Listen I would not mind Skinner on the Oilers, but lets not act like he is some sort of groundbreaking player.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Not sure why you bring up RNH. He did not miss games because of concussions which is what the issue is for Skinner.

Simple. Because the poster all this is referring said he has "many questions about his health". A player who missed 55 games over 5 years has more questions about his health than a player who missed 19 over 5 years. Playing less games due to injuries = less healthy player, regardless of the reasons why he missed them. In the end, it's how many games you are on the ice that matters.

Saying a guy who has played 77, 82, 79, and 82 games over the last 4 seasons has "many questions about his health" is silly.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad