GDT: Skills/ All Star Game

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
disappointed in Kucherovs ‘I’d rather be anywhere but here’ attitude.

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
I couldn't tell if Shesterkin was focused with his helmet on or just angry. You had to know that these guys decided this beforehand. Barzal did look like he actually enjoyed the skills competition compared to a few of the guys like Kucherov and Leon.
How was Shesterkin even at the All Star Game? That’s a rhetorical question.

He’s 30th in SV% and 20th in GAA.

One other thought on last night: It’s always good to see one of our guys represented. With that being said, seeing Barzal comically miss the net a gazillion times during the last part of the competition makes me wonder. While he can score the occasional goal on a break or with a quick stick handling move, maybe his shot actually sucks and that’s why he doesn’t shoot and score more?

Last edited:
Reactions: saintunspecified

Torrey Redux

Please!
Apr 25, 2022
Philadelphia, PA

One other thought on last night: It’s always good to see one of our guys represented. With that being said, seeing Barzal comically miss the net a gazillion times during the last part of the competition makes me wonder. While he can score the occasional goal on a break or with a quick stick handling move, maybe his shot actually sucks and that’s why he doesn’t shoot and score more?
You shouldn't wonder. He's in his 7th full season. Team systems and pandemics notwithstanding, I think we can safely say at this point that while Barzy can score goals, he is not a goal scorer.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014

NHL picking fancy names over guys who should be in there. Dobson should have been in over Morgan Reilly but nope, gotta have 12 Leafs to go with the 15 Canucks. I’m actually shocked they didn’t put Ilya Samsonov in as well.

disappointed in Kucherovs ‘I’d rather be anywhere but here’ attitude.

IMG_7873.png

Reactions: PWJunior

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
wait, that million goes to McDavid? Not like a charity of his choice? That's kind of annoying to me.

They already have millions. Weekes asking Georgiev what he’s going to do with his 100k. I have an idea.

Not even hungover enough to watch this.

Big L

Feb 7, 2013
CT
Oh snap I thought the game was on at like 8

Big L

Feb 7, 2013
CT
Sweet save by Bobbyrov at the end of the first

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
They already have millions. Weekes asking Georgiev what he’s going to do with his 100k. I have an idea.

Not even hungover enough to watch this.
I mean I know all of us Isles fans on HF boards are already super stud millionaires...not to mention how incredibly good looking we are.

But imagine what those filthy rangers fans feel like watching multi millionaire athletes getting awarded an extra 1 million dollars because they showed off how amazing they are.

Seriously though, it's just such a bad look. I'm quite certain the NHLPA would have been fully on board with a donation to Hockey Fights Cancer (for instance) being made in the skills comp winner's name.

Big L

Feb 7, 2013
CT
Eh, doesn’t bother me at all. Split $1m between all players on the team, just what 100k each? Pay your federal and state 42%, and you’re left with $58k. Take the $58k and go spend it with your regular teammates. Give $10k to charity.

Really not a big deal.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Good showing for Barzy in an otherwise mehhh all-star game(s)
Caught a bit of the game, and most all of the skills contest. All fun to watch.

I don’t get the hate. It’s an exhibition of skill from the best players in the league. Not sure what the problem is.

I didn’t miss the shot blocking, massive interference and clogged passing and shooting lanes. Nice to see the abilities of these guys shining through.

It’s not “hockey” in that there is no defense and the G is at mercy. But for the fans of players and the game, it’s a lot of fun.

Y’all will get to see tons of neutral zone play and dump ins soon enough.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I'm just happy Barzal tried to entertain the fans. He went for a few between the leg shots and had great energy yesterday and today. He understood what the game is about and aimed to deliver, great to see.

Last edited:

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I mean I know all of us Isles fans on HF boards are already super stud millionaires...not to mention how incredibly good looking we are.

But imagine what those filthy rangers fans feel like watching multi millionaire athletes getting awarded an extra 1 million dollars because they showed off how amazing they are.

Seriously though, it's just such a bad look. I'm quite certain the NHLPA would have been fully on board with a donation to Hockey Fights Cancer (for instance) being made in the skills comp winner's
I make 1.5 million a month. In Korean currency

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I'm just happy Barzal tried to entertain the fans. He went for a few between the leg shots and had great energy yesterday and today. He understood what the game is about and aimed to deliver, great to see.
What his play showed me is that NYI should feel a bit more comfortable allowing Barzal and Dobson to switch on the PP to add a little more dynamism. Among the forwards who tried, he clearly was the best at skating like a defender. And I'd like to see him on the PK from time to time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad