GDT: Skills/ All Star Game

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
If that last post goes in for him Barzal would be tied for lead going into obstacle course?

agreed this is more fun than I would have thought.

Reactions: Bones45

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
@Bones45

This is entirely on you

You tempted the Bailey Gods and Mat paid the price. You know Bailey is the Patron Saint of small puck targets!

Damn

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Barzal held his own. Would've won if he hit on his greatest gift--passing. He was built for these kinds of competitions. As is Sorokin; pure skill.

Always appreciated the skills competition b/c they actually try. ASG...:facepalm:

I'm sure everyone has had amazing hockey experiences; playing, and as a spectator. I've had both, as a spectator, beyond NYI experiences, here's mine.

Drove down to Raleigh with a die-hard NYI fan (I played pick-up with him) friend for the AS event. Media event the first day (with a history of hockey tour, players walking around the floor, media, players frolicking the whole 9 yards), skills the second, game the third; I had some kind of weekend hopper pass. Talked to Brian Burke, Brendan Shanahan, and of course, Michael Grabner, randomly on the concourse; Grabner was so enamored by being at the AS event (spoke to him the longest). In that one microcosm of a conversation, truly a nice guy. Burke was as smug as can be, no surprise. Due to the location, they had basically a carnival going on the first day; really fun. Everything a carnival offered, with a hockey theme. At the game I met an awesome couple from Dallas, I was thankful b/c the game was, well, an AS game. They had driven from Dallas to attend. Hockey memoirs.

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Subban is such a tool. But that was fun.

If the players just embraced it instead of moping about it'd be way more fun. Kudos to Barzal for going straight at Shesterkin for the fans. That's the type of thing that will keep it from being a snooze fest.

The draft yesterday was still a disaster but this competition was much better than previous years with less ridiculousness included. Now just get rid of Messier.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
If the players just embraced it instead of moping about it'd be way more fun. Kudos to Barzal for going straight at Shesterkin for the fans. That's the type of thing that will keep it from being a snooze fest.

The draft yesterday was still a disaster but this competition was much better than previous years with less ridiculousness included. Now just get rid of Messier.
I couldn't tell if Shesterkin was focused with his helmet on or just angry. You had to know that these guys decided this beforehand. Barzal did look like he actually enjoyed the skills competition compared to a few of the guys like Kucherov and Leon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad