Confirmed with Link: Skille signed to a 1 year deal

NHesterly

Jul 6, 2015
Jack Skille

I played high school hockey with Skille... I wish him the best of luck with the Avs.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Glad this happened. Probably just wishful thinking, but it would nice if he could take over McLeod's role. They seem pretty similar but Skille just has more talent (speed, puck skills) from the little I saw.

SuperJoe

Feb 24, 2010
Royal City
Why not? It's not like the Avs are going to be anywhere near the cap. Who cares if he makes a few hundred k more?

Because you don't pay more than you should have to for a guy that was invited to camp on a PTO, pretty simple, look at all the other PTO signings, why should we pay 25-35% more? He won't play better if we pay him more.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Because you don't pay more than you should have to for a guy that was invited to camp on a PTO, pretty simple, look at all the other PTO signings, why should we pay 25-35% more? He won't play better if we pay him more.

Is it your money? I don't see why it matters if he makes 600k or 800k. It's two way too for godsakes.

Forsberg21

Mar 1, 2002
Lone Tree, CO
I think it is, which makes me believe it's just there to round out the numbers somewhat.
Hence the brown background.

Yeah, I'm not sure. It could mean it's just a placeholder until concrete info comes out or it could mean that it's newly added?

Edit: Looked up the legend, looks like the brown box means 'Missing information' so I guess it does mean it's a placeholder for now.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Well if you're going to say that then why even bother discussing player salaries for everyone at all

you do realize it's a bit different if we talk about a late addition with a 1-year, 6-figure deal when we have lots of cap space to a long-term investment when the cap-crunch comes into effect?

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Can he play PK? Reminds me of a Brad Richardson type guy with a lethal shot. He should at the minimum add a little more pop then Cliche....happy with this.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
I find it amusing that people here panic about our cap situation after each deal signed, like we're the Hawks or Flyers or something.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Well if you're going to say that then why even bother discussing player salaries for everyone at all

Obviously we discuss roster construction and cap issues here, I get that the general topic is relevant. But my point is that I've said several times is a few hundred k on a one year contract is meaningless and I'm tired of the value police proclaiming what someone is or isn't worth just because it sounds good to them. What Jack Skille makes this year is beyond the realm of importance in any manner. It's just another thing for people to complain about just for the fun of it.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Skille's deal

Chris Johnston @reporterchris
Jack Skille got a two-way deal from the #avs -- he earns $675,000 in the NHL and $150,000 in the AHL. (Guaranteed $250,000 though)

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Interesting, it's the 1st time I've seen a garanteed minimum on a 2-way deal.

Who else would have that guarantee?
I've seen a few others with that as well.
Can't remember now exactly who. Most just get high AHL salaries instead.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
you do realize it's a bit different if we talk about a late addition with a 1-year, 6-figure deal when we have lots of cap space to a long-term investment when the cap-crunch comes into effect?

Obviously we discuss roster construction and cap issues here, I get that the general topic is relevant. But my point is that I've said several times is a few hundred k on a one year contract is meaningless and I'm tired of the value police proclaiming what someone is or isn't worth just because it sounds good to them. What Jack Skille makes this year is beyond the realm of importance in any manner. It's just another thing for people to complain about just for the fun of it.

Well for this season it's not a cap crunch, but I wouldn't want to pay Skille too much and watch him have a very stellar season, and then he's out of our ideal price range for next season if he wants a raise. It's not that his cap will hurt us; rather, it's if he has a very good season what would be a good number for him moving forward since he is a 4th line player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad