Confirmed with Link: Skille signed to a 1 year deal

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Good.

Hoping we get to hear the AAV soon, although in the end it really doesn't matter.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Good for him he deserved it. Glad to see we aren't playing favorites anymore (Cliche, Bordy, Redmond etc.) and better players are making the team. Hopefully he can stay healthy, he will be a good addition to the team.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Good.

Hoping we get to hear the AAV soon, although in the end it really doesn't matter.

I'm guessing in the 750-850 range. I really doubt it is much.

Good for him he deserved it. Glad to see we aren't playing favorites anymore (Cliche, Bordy, Redmond etc.) and better players are making the team. Hopefully he can stay healthy, he will be a good addition to the team.

I don't think favorites were played... I don't think we had any depth.

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
Nothing quite like a guy who seems to know he's on his last best chance and making a good showing.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Good for him. He should be a very solid upgrade over the 4th liners we iced last season. Maybe that line can be a positive this season.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Good for him. He should be a very solid upgrade over the 4th liners we iced last season. Maybe that line can be a positive this season.

its prolly the one line im not worried about at this point lol mainly because I dont know the other lines. I love Skille's hustle and I think hes actually a little underrated in the skills department.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
its prolly the one line im not worried about at this point lol mainly because I dont know the other lines. I love Skille's hustle and I think hes actually a little underrated in the skills department.

I think that's what got him the contract. Roy wants his guys to get in on the forecheck quickly and to pressure the puck carrier quickly. Skille showed hustle and Glencross didn't show it consistently enough.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I wasn't very high on Skille when he took the PTO, but I have to admit he had a solid preseason and I think he'll do fine on the 4th line. As long as we don't try to move him up into the top 9 I'll probably be pretty happy with him.

I think it's more interesting that we now know that Rendulic is the 13th forward, which is a surprise (at least to me). I really expected him to play in the AHL some more to get games in after all the time he missed last year with the broken leg. Maybe Everberg is questionable on injury status right now? Although as much as I like Everberg's play Rendulic is probably the more potent offensive weapon.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Should be in this category and 1 year.

9 PTOs w NHL deals
Upshall 700k
Gustavsson 700k
Potter 650k
Rozsival 600k
Fleischmann 750k
Stempniak 850k
Bernier 750k
Fraser 800k
Boyes 700

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Why not? It's not like the Avs are going to be anywhere near the cap. Who cares if he makes a few hundred k more?

Only reason it could matter at all would be if we want to resign him next year. We'd have to give him a raise. Better to bump a smaller number up $200,000 than to bump a larger one.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I think that's what got him the contract. Roy wants his guys to get in on the forecheck quickly and to pressure the puck carrier quickly. Skille showed hustle and Glencross didn't show it consistently enough.

In general yeah but that SH goal that turned around the first Anaheim game must have made a big impression. IMO Roy really values guys that make things happen that contribute to wins.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Only reason it could matter at all would be if we want to resign him next year. We'd have to give him a raise. Better to bump a smaller number up $200,000 than to bump a larger one.

Still, this is so insignificant. We are talking about such a small difference here. Of course I care about the Avs cap situation and not blowing it on depth guys but the guy earned his contract, I'm not going to be the value police and arbitrarily determine his worth.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Happy for the guy, hopefully he can find a way to play more than half the season but I'm not getting my hopes up. He'll be hurt before we know it. I just hope he can provide good solid play before it happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad