Post-Game Talk: Skid hits 6 - Flames def. Canucks - 3-1 (Boeser)

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
1f55982d-cc7e-453b-a19c-7143430f2098-gif.393242

Yeah have to admit I had a good chuckle at that.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Feb 20, 2013
Very good performance tonight. Slight drop-off in the third when trying to push for the come-back goals, but they carried play throughout.

Can't fault the PK or Demko in this one. Two unlucky bounces off of shots that were headed well wide. Refs didn't help the Canucks either, both with strange calls against and missed non-calls (Lucic on Bailey & Tkachuk on Hoglander two clear examples)

Good to see the high compete-level. If the Canucks continue to play like this they will make the playoffs.

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
I don’t know about you guys but the third period is the best I’ve seen from Pettersson since fall 2018. He made like 5-6 of those watermark super crisp plays where you wanna rewind just to check how on earth he pulled that off, including balancing on the blue line and deking three guys with no space and an empty net behind him. Finding shot opportunities and firing like his life depended on it. This... is... promising...

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Take away the three game series vs an abysmal Ottawa team and we have the same record as the Sens.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
We might have picked the right year to tank....rules have been changed and the bottom three teams in the league have a far greater shot at the first overall pick.

Just another routine loss tonight. Lost in all the hand-wringing about team defense is the fact the Canucks have only scored one goal in each of their last three games.

But that's always the story of a losing hockey team. One night you lose because you can't keep the puck of your own net. Another night's it's because you can't score. Sometimes the other goalie beats you, like tonight. But the impact is the same, another loss.

I get so tired thinking of another three games against the Flames. Afraid to say I'm just becoming less and less invested in this season.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Morrisson is absolutely right. The canucks were dejected after the third goal.

Shots went from 31-17 to 31-26 before they pulled the goalie

Which is concerning, because the team's ability to claw back into games was one of their better aspects last year. They don't seem to have any of that same swagger to come back this year. Though I wonder how much of that is the loss of confidence from not playing in front of Marky.

Reactions: mossey3535 and Peen

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
We might have picked the right year to tank....rules have been changed and the bottom three teams in the league have a far greater shot at the first overall pick.

Just another routine loss tonight. Lost in all the hand-wringing about team defense is the fact the Canucks have only scored one goal in each of their last three games.

But that's always the story of a losing hockey team. One night you lose because you can't keep the puck of your own net. Another night's it's because you can't score. Sometimes the other goalie beats you, like tonight. But the impact is the same, another loss.

I get so tired thinking of another three games against the Flames. Afraid to say I'm just becoming less and less invested in this season.

It would be such Canuck luck to finally get the 1st overall in a draft with no Junior season too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad