Skate sharpening..What cut do you use?

trtaylor

May 5, 2010
I was at 5/8". Was working my way towards 3/4 but ended up switching to 100/50 FBV.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
I've played with everything from 5/8 to 7/16 and 100/50 FBV, currently in 1/2

Gunnar Stahl 30

...In The World!
Dec 9, 2006
Marty's Better
1/2 inch

honestly, i hate when people come in and ask me to sharpen a skate at 7/16 for a 12 year old 110 lb kid. most of the time the ice surface would affect the way you cut in more than that

Trevor3

Nov 16, 2010
Stephenville - YJT
I go to the stadium and pass them to guy who sharpens skates and say "Sharpen 'em". Shortly thereafter, he hands me back my skates and I pass him $4.

I have no clue what the measurement or dimensions or whatever you call it are. I was in grade 12 before I found out you can get different cuts, and that was only because I had them sharpened out of town and the guy doing it asked me how I wanted them done, I said sharp and he gave me a confused look.

Even after 10 years of playing hockey you learn new things.

Pog Form

Jan 9, 2009
Toronto, ON
I go to the stadium and pass them to guy who sharpens skates and say "Sharpen 'em". Shortly thereafter, he hands me back my skates and I pass him $4.

I have no clue what the measurement or dimensions or whatever you call it are. I was in grade 12 before I found out you can get different cuts, and that was only because I had them sharpened out of town and the guy doing it asked me how I wanted them done, I said sharp and he gave me a confused look.

Even after 10 years of playing hockey you learn new things.

I had no idea about different cuts until I started posting here a few years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad