GDT: #sjsanjosesharks @ #hcanes: trying to make the playoffs edition

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Back to being tied with Columbus with 2nd worst record in the league...and only 3 above Buffalo. Will the true identity of this team be revealed, either bad or good? Or will this pendulum swing continue?

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
^ You'll have to ask the non-existent beat writer.

Back to being tied with Columbus with 2nd worst record in the league...and only 3 above Buffalo. Will the true identity of this team be revealed, either bad or good? Or will this pendulum swing continue?

It's almost like people shouldn't rush to make judgments or proclaim themselves right/wrong when so little of the season has been played.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
The picture in the OP would be better if it showed that the upgrade required the 506 gems and the user only had 505.

It would be completely accurate.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
aw come on where the **** are we supposed to get 506 gems?????

isn't it just easier to get 83 more points????

danvincent78

Nov 15, 2014
Raleigh, NC
Season ticket holder here. I'll be at the game. Semin is not playing again today, nor is Harrison. Hoping that Lindholm can keep up his excellent play from last season against the Sharks.

Go Canes!!

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
Sure, but there's no sense in getting worked up about EVERY.SINGLE.LOSS or win. I guarantee you the team doesn't.

I know..... and every single fan base is whining about their players, coaches, etc., and were after game one. nature of the beast I guess. so much can and will happen yet. this team is a work in progress right now. Peters' coaching decisions reveals that as well IMO. it's not only the players.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I'm really unsure about watching this game after that Panthers' loss. I'm just waiting to see how the Hurricanes can one-up them. Maybe Thornton takes a penalty in OT, so they pull Khudobin and Gleason sends the puck into his own vacated net. That doesn't even earn you a point in that scenario.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
It's almost like people shouldn't rush to make judgments or proclaim themselves right/wrong when so little of the season has been played.

Well, after tonight, 20% of the season is in the books, so while I do agree the reaction (and really over-reaction) after every game is a bit silly, we are getting to the point where enough of the season has been played to form a rational opinion of what this team will be (at least until Jordan returns). Particularly since this team has the played the easiest schedule vs. any other team in the NHL.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/stats/rpi

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
I'm really unsure about watching this game after that Panthers' loss. I'm just waiting to see how the Hurricanes can one-up them. Maybe Thornton takes a penalty in OT, so they pull Khudobin and Gleason sends the puck into his own vacated net. That doesn't even earn you a point in that scenario.

Everything sucks.

How are the Hornets looking this season?

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
BBA: Yeah, I mean we're definitely getting there, but I still don't think judging the first 20% is much different than judging the final 20% and saying they were a good team laying in wait all year (I get that that's not really possible to do, but I hope you see what I'm trying to get at). I like to wait until halfway through or so to make more definitive statements. Right now it's looking like they're what most of us expected: somewhere around bubble to perhaps slightly worse.

Wolfpuck: Dunno, I don't follow NBA at all. PJ Hariston made his debut the other night, I think. That's pretty much all I got.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad