Post-Game Talk: SJS @ VGK Game 3: Sharks lose 6-3, down 2-1 in series

treefiddy

Errr'day Trollin'
May 8, 2013
San Jose
Starts includes defense, but you do you.

You want to show me a definition of Defense that references the start of games in it? You singled out goaltending. That is also included in starts.

The biggest problem with this team is defense. Period.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
DW put all of his faith in this coaching staff when the red flags were up there for a long time.

I know and aside from the panthers who turnover coaches on an annual basis, all GMs seem to be loyal to a fault. Unless we give the reigns to his son who isn’t ready yet then we can’t get rid of DW. Hasso needs to step in like Viola does.

Naki

Oct 8, 2009
Remove the first minute of each period in game 3 and the sharks played fairly even.
I don't understand how you can coach a team to be this unprepared for the start of a game.

Reactions: goflyakite

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This is one of the most frustrating things. If Fleury was playing like this last year, the Sharks take the series easily.
From what I remember, I think Jones was almost as bad last series against Vegas as he's been this series. Only he wasn't getting blown out many games or chased super early either. Jones got blown out in game 1 for 5 goals, but didn't allow more than 4 in any other game.

Now he's only allowed 3 goals once and 6 after that, but he was yanked pretty early in the 3 goal against game.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
@WSS11 "I’ve seen what bad GMs can do to a franchise and DW is much better than anything available on the open market. DW has put the tools on the ice, this is 100% on the coaching staff. Deboer has to go. If we had a half decent power play were up 2-1 in this series"

I do not care what a bad gm can do at this point. IF we lose this series in embarrassing fashion like tonight, I no longer give a shit what a bad GM might do.

16 years, some of the best players in the league, 1 cup appearance. I'm over him.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I'm still waiting for kurz to tell me why the staff shouldn't have been fired in November, 5 months later and the same issues exist and nothing has changed

Reactions: Dicdonya

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
Remove the first minute of each period in game 3 and the sharks played fairly even.
I don't understand how you can coach a team to be this unprepared for the start of a game.
Not making excuses for PDB, he deserves criticism for the overall lineup, game plan and morale

But it doesn't take a genius to play with at least some effort to start a period. Just shockingly unprofessional to come out that flat every single time out of the locker room.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Oh and by the way...

I’m not here to bag on Haley, who said that Micheal Haley would stop Evander Kane from fighting players needs to eat crow. He just fought Ryan f***ing Reaves. He’s now fought more in ~20 games with Haley than he did in the ~80 games with Haley. Those fights after we got Haley include with Chara and Reaves.

Since this was done to me in another thread, I’ll return the favor

@greasysnapper

Reactions: Phu and one2gamble

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
The bigger issue is the defense, but Jones CAN NOT start game 4. That being said he will, and we will literally make zero adjustments outside of putting in Donskoi for a suspended Jumbo.

Reactions: goflyakite

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
Oh and by the way...

I’m not here to bag on Haley, who said that Micheal Haley would stop Evander Kane from fighting players needs to eat crow. He just fought Ryan ****ing Reaves. He’s now fought more in ~20 games with Haley than he did in the ~80 games with Haley. Those fights after we got Haley include with Chara and Reaves.
I 100% agree with this, but Haley was out of the game at the point Kane fought Reeves.

Reactions: DeadGhost

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
@WSS11 "I’ve seen what bad GMs can do to a franchise and DW is much better than anything available on the open market. DW has put the tools on the ice, this is 100% on the coaching staff. Deboer has to go. If we had a half decent power play were up 2-1 in this series"

I do not care what a bad gm can do at this point. IF we lose this series in embarrassing fashion like tonight, I no longer give a **** what a bad GM might do.

16 years, some of the best players in the league, 1 cup appearance. I'm over him.

You want to become Edmonton? You see what has happened to LA? It could be a lot worse. I’m pissed but we need a new coach not a new GM because we won’t find any better. The only way I fire DW if I’m Hasso is if he refuses to fire Deboer and co. after this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad