Post-Game Talk: SJS @ VGK Game 3: Sharks lose 6-3, down 2-1 in series

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Funny, Fleury hasn’t even been that good, Jones has just been that ****ing bad
Agreed.

I think the difference is that I can only think of 2 goals that Fleury could have had in the series, including the goal from LaBanc tonight. I've already got 5 goals that I think Jones could have had and then there at least 2 other iffy goals that I wouldn't count as stoppable, but could find some stuff he was doing wrong.

Especially that last goal where he just seems content to let Stone deke him and not go for a poke check.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I’ve seen what bad GMs can do to a franchise and DW is much better than anything available on the open market. DW has put the tools on the ice, this is 100% on the coaching staff. Deboer has to go. If we had a half decent power play were up 2-1 in this series

DW put all of his faith in this coaching staff when the red flags were up there for a long time.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
karlsson is absolutely sucking it. the mistakes aren't as egregious as say a bad burns mistake (who BTW didn't make too many this game), but he is WAY off his game and letting what should be fully defended plays turn into hope-jones-stops-it plays.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
Yes, it does. There are completely different stakes, and throwing a guy who's never played a game into a high-stakes environment is a good way for him to lose his confidence right away. Guys getting thrown into that situation and succeeding are incredible exceptions.

Makar has the talent to make an immediate impact. I don’t blame the Avs for wanting to put him in. That being said, he struggled in the championship game and the end of the semi final game. Not a good sign for then jumping to the big stage of the NHL playoffs. I wouldn’t be shocked though to see him come in and play well though.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Agreed.

I think the difference is that I can only think of 2 goals that Fleury could have had in the series, including the goal from LaBanc tonight. I've already got 5 goals that I think Jones could have had and then there at least 2 other iffy goals that I wouldn't count as stoppable, but could find some stuff he was doing wrong.

Especially that last goal where he just seems content to let Stone deke him and not go for a poke check.

This is one of the most frustrating things. If Fleury was playing like this last year, the Sharks take the series easily.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
DW put all of his faith in this coaching staff when the red flags were up there for a long time.
yeah idk how you extend PDB after the oilers and then after his f***ing HC realizes his system is bad because he saw another team play that's better. Seriously. You don't win championships emulating other teams. Does Bellichik copy other HCs? :help:

mooncalf

Mar 15, 2017
San Jose
I know it looks dark now, but if we can steal Tuesday's game, then tonight doesn't matter. But we need more commitment all over the lineup and we need Jones to not be hot trash.

Also, fire deboer.

ChubbChubby

Using tilt controls!
Nov 28, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Lots of issues that should have been addressed at least in the regular season and popping up in the post season. This is exactly what we deserve for not making changes or at least addressing a problem.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
The 6th goal annoys me because bthe whistle should have blown, Reeves should be in the box and the sharks on the pp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad