SJS GM Game Discussion thread

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Trades: All NMC/NTC must be respected. If the player has a limited clause, PM me and I'll give you a list they will waive for. This list will be created randomly.
Either GM can post the trade on the thread, but I need the other to confirm it.
All teams are limited to a maximum of 3 retained salary contracts per season.
Teams cannot retain an aggregate amount of more than 15 percent of the Salary Cap Upper Limit.
Players’ contracts are limited to 2 retained salary transactions per contract.

Playoffs
We will vote for the 16 teams making the playoffs, then vote for the winner of each round until we have the Stanley Cup.

2021 Off-Season And Expansion Draft
We will present our protection list and someone playing Seattle will do the expansion. Then the UFA frenzy!

Awards
We will vote for Best Asset Manager, Best Trader, Best Rebuilder and Team Most Improve.

Rosters

Your final roster must include at least 20 players and respect the cap. As much as possible, post and update your roster and cap situation after each trade, signing or modifictaion to make trades easier. The NHL has reported that the 2020-21 salary cap will be $81.5M and the floor will be $60.2M. Traded picks are limited to 2021, 2022 and 2023.

You are more than welcome to make press conferences about your transactions, signatures,…

Anaheim - @Peter Griffin
Arizona - @TribalPhoenix
Boston - @Blinny
Buffalo - @Carl182
Calgary - @m0pe
Carolina - @OB5
Chicago - @LT
Colorado - @m0pe
Columbus - @Blinny
Dallas - @TribalPhoenix
Detroit - @Panda Bear
Edmonton - @OB5
Florida - @42 jerks
Los Angeles - @DropTheGloves
Minnesota - @SJSharks39
Montreal- @Dichow Stopper
Nashville - @Panda Bear
New Jersey - @hockeynorth
NY Islanders - @Carl182
NY Rangers - @hockeynorth
Ottawa - @Eric N
Philadelphia - @AveryStar4Eva
Pittsburgh - @TribalPhoenix
San Jose - @SJSharks39
St. Louis - @AveryStar4Eva
Tampa Bay - @DropTheGloves
Toronto - @BeLeafing
Vancouver - @Peter Griffin
Washington - @SJSharks39
Winnipeg - @42 jerks
Vegas - @Eric N

Last edited:
Reactions: Dichow Stopper

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'll take Pittsburgh. Time for a rebuild.

I’ll take Vancouver. Wanna blow this team up.
Figured I’d throw out the disclaimer early in case either of you want to switch. Full NTC/NMCs will be honored so you can’t trade them. Limited ones you’ll get a list for who you can trade them to.

For PIT: Malkin/Crosby can’t be moved. Letang, Zucker, Tanev, Dumoulin you get a list.

For VAN: Edler/Ferland/Hamonic can’t be moved. Ton of guys with lists.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Figured I’d throw out the disclaimer early in case either of you want to switch. Full NTC/NMCs will be honored so you can’t trade them. Limited ones you’ll get a list for who you can trade them to.

For PIT: Malkin/Crosby can’t be moved. Letang, Zucker, Tanev, Dumoulin you get a list.

I’m good with that. Some of the guys I’m really looking at moving don’t have trade protection. :naughty:

Reactions: Gecklund

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Just a suggestion, but for players with LNTC that have expiring contracts, maybe we just go with a set 10 or 12 team list of “surefire” playoff contenders? Not likely that a player on an expiring contract would waive to go to a team such as Detroit or Ottawa for example.

Reactions: Dichow Stopper

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Just a suggestion, but for players with LNTC that have expiring contracts, maybe we just go with a set 10 or 12 team list of “surefire” playoff contenders? Not likely that a player on an expiring contract would waive to go to a team such as Detroit or Ottawa for example.

To be fair, we could go with real life results when the game starts, for example top 3 teams of each division.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto

Fair enough for Malkin/Crosby, but I will throw out the fact that there has been speculation that (if a new GM comes to Pittsburgh) a rebuild is potentially in the cards, and they'd have a conversation with those players if they wanted to be in on it.

Maybe a super short list instead?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Honestly I wanted a bit of randomness in the game that would allow a team like Detroit or Ottawa to contend if they wanted. Kessel to ARI is my best example of a trade where the guy goes from a contending team to a team that isn’t good with an NTC.
To be fair, we could go with real life results when the game starts, for example top 3 teams of each division.
If this is what we want to do I’m fine with that. I just wanted to add a little bit of a twist to our normal games.
Fair enough for Malkin/Crosby, but I will throw out the fact that there has been speculation that (if a new GM comes to Pittsburgh) a rebuild is potentially in the cards, and they'd have a conversation with those players if they wanted to be in on it.

Maybe a super short list instead?
I understand your point and while I agree with it to an extent, I don’t want to make exceptions because then that makes my job so much harder. :laugh:

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
I understand your point and while I agree with it to an extent, I don’t want to make exceptions because then that makes my job so much harder. :laugh:

HA! Hey, I get it... but a super short list also means that the other team has to make an offer worth making... which tends to be hard in these games... but still, it's something to consider ;)

Reactions: Gecklund

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Honestly I wanted a bit of randomness in the game that would allow a team like Detroit or Ottawa to contend if they wanted. Kessel to ARI is my best example of a trade where the guy goes from a contending team to a team that isn’t good with an NTC.

Understandable, I just figured it would be easier for you if all impending UFA’s had the same list, not likely that a non-playoff team will spend the assets for an expiring contract. Random is good too though!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad