Confirmed Trade: [SJS/BUF] E.Kane for D. O'Regan, 2019 cond. 1st/2nd round, 2019/2020 cond. 4th/3rd round [MOD 274]

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
would you rather him not have moved kane and got nothing? like I'm sure he took what was the best offer on the table
Would have rather him trading Kane when he should have earlier in the season rather than coming up with a ridiculous ask that no one with any sensible thinking wouldn't laugh at. He f***ed up as he waited too late. And I called it ages ago.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
This doesn't make a lot of sense. San Jose doesn't really need Kane and the clouds that tend to follow him around, even with the general laissez-faire of Thornton/Burns allowing for it, and their window is closing anyways. Buffalo gets virtually nothing back outside of cleaning up their locker room a bit. Seems like an odd trade.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Would have rather him trading Kane when he should have earlier in the season rather than coming up with a ridiculous ask that no one with any sensible thinking wouldn't laugh at. He ****ed up as he waited too late. And I called it ages ago.

Mind linking your sources showing these better deals that were even available earlier in the year?

sfoote

Jan 6, 2013
Would have rather him trading Kane when he should have earlier in the season rather than coming up with a ridiculous ask that no one with any sensible thinking wouldn't laugh at. He ****ed up as he waited too late. And I called it ages ago.
So please tell us what he was offered earlier in the season since you seem to know everything.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
This doesn't make a lot of sense. San Jose doesn't really need Kane and the clouds that tend to follow him around, even with the general laissez-faire of Thornton/Burns allowing for it, and their window is closing anyways. Buffalo gets virtually nothing back outside of cleaning up their locker room a bit. Seems like an odd trade.
No, it seems like a "get something for Kane instead of letting him walk for nothing" kinda trade.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada

SJ needs shooters. We have a lot of passers. EK fills a need for us.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Hope we can re-sign him, we've got the room.
Honestly, keep the first round pick. Unless you think San Jose will be contending next year. Kane simpley isn't worth the contract he'll likely demand and a likely mid first round pick.

With that being said, I was expecting more for Kane, but once his production dried up there really wasn't anything to sell. He's a liability unless he's scoring.

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
I like this pickup. Sharks need scoring and Kane can give them that, in addition to some physical play. Plus he’s relatively young at 26, so he could be a fit for the future if they want to re-sign him.

Even if he ends up being just a pure rental, I think O’Regan, a 2nd and a 4th is a pretty good bargain for the Sharks.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Honestly, keep the first round pick. Unless you think San Jose will be contending next year. Kane simpley isn't worth the contract he'll likely demand and a likely mid first round pick.

With that being said, I was expecting more for Kane, but once his production dried up there really wasn't anything to sell. He's a liability unless he's scoring.

Picks are overrated on this board.

Hawkster58

Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls, Ont.
Visit site
Botterill gambled by not trading Kane earlier, when he was red hot and producing, thinking he could get more at the deadline. Unfortunately Kane 's production dried up and the market softened. The return the Sabres got in the end is just horrible considering what they paid to get Kane. As a season ticket holder in Buffalo I am deeply disappointed, the Rangers got more for Grabner for crying out loud.

Not optimistic in the Sabres future under the new GM...

Reactions: go4hockey

GodHatesTheSharks

Nov 20, 2010
Kurz said The Sharks have over 20 million in the offseason to re-sign Evander Kane.
Kane played with Pavelski during the last lockout and Kane mentioned he's best friends with Thornton, so he has connections with players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad