Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
pal a mina pal o mina

must push to compete, yes

but as has been said
1 def of insanity is doing same thing repeatedly and expecting dif results

We need to not deplete youth for temporary fixes

We can send Trouba retained 1m to DET next yr w/lower picks + get Ras + better picks

Rasmussen = 4th line pivot
Edstrom also, but figure him + Rempe as bookend Ws w/him

Trochek is fine

So far, Brodz is complementing Cuylle + KK who have chemistry. That stays unless/until real opportunity knocks

So it is about Kreider-Zib-______
I think Othmann + Berard ++ for Zegras + works

Kreider - Zeg - Zib

Selling 1sts/giving away youth/panic moves are not nec

And ef Rs mgmt if it insists repeating failed approach

Detroit declines your offer

You live in a fantasy world with these proposals.

HF Detroit what say you?

We have declined these offers before and will do again. It's pure wishful thinking.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
while in theorie a fine strategy it failed with 4 consecutive top 10 picks for the rangers. kakko and laf still can turn the corner. but their current value is lower than the original draft picks. anderson and kravtsov delivered cloe to zero return.
Agreed KK + LaF are presently short of 2OA + !OA respectively, which is fair to ask if not skewed slightly by occasional presence of generational level guys. However, IMO LaF has ALREADY turned the corner and, as I predicted, once he got skating sufficiently = no longer an issue, he is turning into Steve Vickers. He is not converting as quite as much as I'd like, but he is driving play and scoring.
Also KK, did well w/lesser version of LaF + Chytil, is NOW doing well w/Cuylle, and Brodz is at worst an emerging/improving stopgap until they get a primo pivot for this pair.

Yes, Lias A was a disaster. Should have taken better selection or traded the pick down.
Krav was mishandled, and obv again I was right, I wanted Dobson.

There have been some recent successes like KAM.
Pt being, you need to retain picks to both select guys and also surplus for trading up [as case w/Kam].

Cannibalizing youth to buy vets is too expensive
so no,
let them change their approach and learn w/the bern

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Detroit declines your offer

You live in a fantasy world with these proposals.

We have declined these offers before and will do again. It's pure wishful thinking.
Thank you for your ONE AND ONLY ONE singular vote.

We will see when I have time to post full deal in sep thread

There was open-mindedness by some to Lindgren + for Ras + 2nd
Trouba > Lindgren

til w'e

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
while in theorie a fine strategy it failed with 4 consecutive top 10 picks for the rangers. kakko and laf still can turn the corner. but their current value is lower than the original draft picks. anderson and kravtsov delivered cloe to zero return.
NYR turned Andersson into the pick they used to select Will Cuylle who has played very well so far in the NHL.

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
Unfortunately it’s the New York Rangers, and they always end up doing it. The Kakko one is the interesting thing to track right now.

We all see those flashes every game but Zadina showed those flashes leading up to last summer too, and his value just plummeted because the numbers weren’t there, going into his 24 yr old year. That’s the concern with Kakko, and it’s a very real concern, whether people want to admit it or not.

So I wouldn’t be surprised at all, if they trade him straight up for a player who provided what Copp did when he came. A veteran who can play up and down the lineup and produce in different roles.. Just maybe not a pending UFA like Copp was.

I think Kakko still has that value, but really not sure. I’d wager half of the managers would agree with me, and half wouldn’t give up a 2nd rounder for him. He’s just so hard to gauge. Not even sure Detroit would trade Copp himself for Kakko. He takes lots of crap from the stats only folks on this site, but Copp plays a very important role for Detroit, and still is around .5 ppg. That’s the type of player the Rangers need in the lineup every night. In fact, they probably need two of them. If Detroit was willing to keep $1.5 million, I’d make that deal in a heartbeat from the Rangers perspective, but not sure Detroit would. He’s a really good hockey player, who you know you can depend on every night. Unfortunately that’s not who Kakko is yet, and may never be.

So they have to figure out some things and dealing Kakko and Jones is likely on the table. So probably is their 1st rounder. Especially with the way this upcoming draft is looking. You’re looking at a 4-5 year development type player with that pick, so we may see more 1st rounders traded this year now. Just not a huge drop from 22ish and 50ish in this draft.

They’ll be one of the interesting teams to keep an eye on, cause as is, not sure they have what it takes to grind through more than one round, and maybe not even that. Just not deep enough up front.

We’ll see, but everything needs to be on the table, if it makes them a better, deeper team. Whether that’s a couple of cheap UFAs or players with term. Drury has to weigh those options, but think it’s fair to say, he’s adding a couple of forwards, and maybe a depth dman.
Kakko isnt going anywhere - he plays elite defense

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Thank you for your ONE AND ONLY ONE singular vote.

We will see when I have time to post full deal in sep thread

There was open-mindedness by some to Lindgren + for Ras + 2nd
Trouba > Lindgren

til w'e

We just resigned Ras for four years. The management and the fans likes him. We are not trading him for another D-man when our D is already as clogged as it is.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
We don't have a 1C now. Zibanejad is woefully miscast and it's a big reason we're like the 20th best team at 5v5.

I'm just here to crack myself up while we lose in the first round over and over again.
You may be right. But the Rangers are near the top of the league right now and there’s no chance they’d purposefully make their team worse at this point. I think you’re better off hoping Fox and Shesterkin can carry you to a Cup than by trying to re-tool without a 1C and waste Fox’ best years.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Rangers should hang on to their 1st. We need to build up prospect depth at D which is really thin. There really isn't a young D on the cusp in Hartford nor is there anything terrific among our unsigned prospects. Perhaps our best two are Fortescue a freshman D at Boston College and Mancini a junior D at Nebraska-Omaha. It's not a lot.

Talking about Ferraro and Sturm as the missing pieces to us having a parade in the summer seems a real reach to me anyway. There are plenty of other D and C's around why those two?

I do think the Rangers could use a vet D with some size and strength as insurance for the playoffs. I wouldn't necessarily be looking at a top 4 quality D though.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Unfortunately it’s the New York Rangers, and they always end up doing it. The Kakko one is the interesting thing to track right now.

We all see those flashes every game but Zadina showed those flashes leading up to last summer too, and his value just plummeted because the numbers weren’t there, going into his 24 yr old year. That’s the concern with Kakko, and it’s a very real concern, whether people want to admit it or not.

So I wouldn’t be surprised at all, if they trade him straight up for a player who provided what Copp did when he came. A veteran who can play up and down the lineup and produce in different roles.. Just maybe not a pending UFA like Copp was.

I think Kakko still has that value, but really not sure. I’d wager half of the managers would agree with me, and half wouldn’t give up a 2nd rounder for him. He’s just so hard to gauge. Not even sure Detroit would trade Copp himself for Kakko. He takes lots of crap from the stats only folks on this site, but Copp plays a very important role for Detroit, and still is around .5 ppg. That’s the type of player the Rangers need in the lineup every night. In fact, they probably need two of them. If Detroit was willing to keep $1.5 million, I’d make that deal in a heartbeat from the Rangers perspective, but not sure Detroit would. He’s a really good hockey player, who you know you can depend on every night. Unfortunately that’s not who Kakko is yet, and may never be.

So they have to figure out some things and dealing Kakko and Jones is likely on the table. So probably is their 1st rounder. Especially with the way this upcoming draft is looking. You’re looking at a 4-5 year development type player with that pick, so we may see more 1st rounders traded this year now. Just not a huge drop from 22ish and 50ish in this draft.

They’ll be one of the interesting teams to keep an eye on, cause as is, not sure they have what it takes to grind through more than one round, and maybe not even that. Just not deep enough up front.

We’ll see, but everything needs to be on the table, if it makes them a better, deeper team. Whether that’s a couple of cheap UFAs or players with term. Drury has to weigh those options, but think it’s fair to say, he’s adding a couple of forwards, and maybe a depth dman.
The Ritalin version of a Kakko preoccupation?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad