Laf, Kakko, pray Chytil gets back
Othmaan , Perrault should soon
Have some good AHL performances with Sykora and Berard

prospects are cool parades are cooler is the saying

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
That’s pretty bad for SJ… I’d prefer to keep those guys than give them up for a late 1st (which Ferraro should get alone) and another small LHD that can’t play defense.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
That’s nice but it’s gonna happen

Also the starting G Igor is a ranger pick
Garand future back up

D, Miller , Jones , Schneider Ranger picks
Lindgren , Fox original rangers
Only 2 D are not

F, Cuylee , Edstrom should stick
Laf, Kakko, pray Chytil gets back
Othmaan , Perrault should soon
Have some good AHL performances with Sykora and Berard

prospects are cool parades are cooler is the saying
continuing to ignore cap reality and doing more of the same = expect to have more of the same

time to learn with the bern, whether you choose to admit it or not
if you are correct and they do it anyway, it will likely not be enuf to ensure we get the cup, and that is the pt
improvement, if any, is irrelevant
it is cup or bust

best strategy is long term develop assets, not squander in win now

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
continuing to ignore cap reality and doing more of the same = expect to have more of the same

time to learn with the bern, whether you choose to admit it or not
if you are correct and they do it anyway, it will likely not be enuf to ensure we get the cup, and that is the pt
improvement, if any, is irrelevant
it is cup or bust

Every team is at the cap pretty much

It’s going up

They bridge Schneider 2 yrs like 2.5 then Trouba is a ufa.

Lindgren probably has to go and you ate gonna love this they can get a few picks for him

Ferraro is cheaper over the next 2 yrs

1st rounders are not a guarantee as we have seen

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I don't think Ferraro is our answer. He isn't a player we need to pay a first for. And I don't think Strum is the 3c we need. So I'd pass as a NYR fan. I feel like you'd have to first make a decision on Lindgrens future before bringing Ferraro in.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
NO
stop w/failed win now rentals
vets for vets ok
youth for youth ok
we can NOT do any more futures for vets
Unfortunately it’s the New York Rangers, and they always end up doing it. The Kakko one is the interesting thing to track right now.

We all see those flashes every game but Zadina showed those flashes leading up to last summer too, and his value just plummeted because the numbers weren’t there, going into his 24 yr old year. That’s the concern with Kakko, and it’s a very real concern, whether people want to admit it or not.

So I wouldn’t be surprised at all, if they trade him straight up for a player who provided what Copp did when he came. A veteran who can play up and down the lineup and produce in different roles.. Just maybe not a pending UFA like Copp was.

I think Kakko still has that value, but really not sure. I’d wager half of the managers would agree with me, and half wouldn’t give up a 2nd rounder for him. He’s just so hard to gauge. Not even sure Detroit would trade Copp himself for Kakko. He takes lots of crap from the stats only folks on this site, but Copp plays a very important role for Detroit, and still is around .5 ppg. That’s the type of player the Rangers need in the lineup every night. In fact, they probably need two of them. If Detroit was willing to keep $1.5 million, I’d make that deal in a heartbeat from the Rangers perspective, but not sure Detroit would. He’s a really good hockey player, who you know you can depend on every night. Unfortunately that’s not who Kakko is yet, and may never be.

So they have to figure out some things and dealing Kakko and Jones is likely on the table. So probably is their 1st rounder. Especially with the way this upcoming draft is looking. You’re looking at a 4-5 year development type player with that pick, so we may see more 1st rounders traded this year now. Just not a huge drop from 22ish and 50ish in this draft.

They’ll be one of the interesting teams to keep an eye on, cause as is, not sure they have what it takes to grind through more than one round, and maybe not even that. Just not deep enough up front.

We’ll see, but everything needs to be on the table, if it makes them a better, deeper team. Whether that’s a couple of cheap UFAs or players with term. Drury has to weigh those options, but think it’s fair to say, he’s adding a couple of forwards, and maybe a depth dman.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Unfortunately it’s the New York Rangers, and they always end up doing it. The Kakko one is the interesting thing to track right now.

We all see those flashes every game but Zadina showed those flashes leading up to last summer too, and his value just plummeted because the numbers weren’t there, going into his 24 yr old year. That’s the concern with Kakko, and it’s a very real concern, whether people want to admit it or not.

So I wouldn’t be surprised at all, if they trade him straight up for a player who provided what Copp did when he came. A veteran who can play up and down the lineup and produce in different roles.. Just maybe not a pending UFA like Copp was.

I think Kakko still has that value, but really not sure. I’d wager half of the managers would agree with me, and half wouldn’t give up a 2nd rounder for him. He’s just so hard to gauge. Not even sure Detroit would trade Copp himself for Kakko. He takes lots of crap from the stats only folks on this site, but Copp plays a very important role for Detroit, and still is around .5 ppg. That’s the type of player the Rangers need in the lineup every night. In fact, they probably need two of them. If Detroit was willing to keep $1.5 million, I’d make that deal in a heartbeat from the Rangers perspective, but not sure Detroit would. He’s a really good hockey player, who you know you can depend on every night. Unfortunately that’s not who Kakko is yet, and may never be.

So they have to figure out some things and dealing Kakko and Jones is likely on the table. So probably is their 1st rounder. Especially with the way this upcoming draft is looking. You’re looking at a 4-5 year development type player with that pick, so we may see more 1st rounders traded this year now. Just not a huge drop from 22ish and 50ish in this draft.

They’ll be one of the interesting teams to keep an eye on, cause as is, not sure they have what it takes to grind through more than one round, and maybe not even that. Just not deep enough up front.

We’ll see, but everything needs to be on the table, if it makes them a better, deeper team. Whether that’s a couple of cheap UFAs or players with term. Drury has to weigh those options, but think it’s fair to say, he’s adding a couple of forwards, and maybe a depth dman.
I appreciate your 2 cents and right to say so.
That said, I believe you are selling KK short.
He was productive in kid line w/far lesser version of LaF

It is not his fault once LaF skating no longer barely subpar, they have redeployed him or that Chytil got hurt

He looks good w/Cuyle.
they are doing ok w/Brodz for now

-----------
As to the rest of it
I am right, and if R mgmt continues to repeat its mistakes of rental for youth, it will continue to look bad.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I appreciate your 2 cents and right to say so.
That said, I believe you are selling KK short.
He was productive in kid line w/far lesser version of LaF

It is not his fault once LaF skating no longer barely subpar, they have redeployed him or that Chytil got hurt

He looks good w/Cuyle.
they are doing ok w/Brodz for now

-----------
As to the rest of it
I am right, and if R mgmt continues to repeat its mistakes of rental for youth, it will continue to look bad.
Buddy, the Rangers have no choice but to compete while Zibanejad is around. You have zero young potential top-6 centers in your organization. If you don’t compete with Zibanejad in his prime, it’s going to be a long, long time until you can find another 1C. Trust me on this.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Buddy, the Rangers have no choice but to compete while Zibanejad is around. You have zero young potential top-6 centers in your organization. If you don’t compete with Zibanejad in his prime, it’s going to be a long, long time until you can find another 1C. Trust me on this.
pal a mina pal o mina

must push to compete, yes

but as has been said
1 def of insanity is doing same thing repeatedly and expecting dif results

We need to not deplete youth for temporary fixes

We can send Trouba retained 1m to DET next yr w/lower picks + get Ras + better picks

Rasmussen = 4th line pivot
Edstrom also, but figure him + Rempe as bookend Ws w/him

Trochek is fine

So far, Brodz is complementing Cuylle + KK who have chemistry. That stays unless/until real opportunity knocks

So it is about Kreider-Zib-______
I think Othmann + Berard ++ for Zegras + works

Kreider - Zeg - Zib

Selling 1sts/giving away youth/panic moves are not nec

And ef Rs mgmt if it insists repeating failed approach

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
pal a mina pal o mina

must push to compete, yes

but as has been said
1 def of insanity is doing same thing repeatedly and expecting dif results

We need to not deplete youth for temporary fixes

We can send Trouba retained 1m to DET next yr w/lower picks + get Ras + better picks

Rasmussen = 4th line pivot
Edstrom also, but figure him + Rempe as bookend Ws w/him

Trochek is fine

So far, Brodz is complementing Cuylle + KK who have chemistry. That stays unless/until real opportunity knocks

So it is about Kreider-Zib-______
I think Othmann + Berard ++ for Zegras + works

Kreider - Zeg - Zib

Selling 1sts/giving away youth/panic moves are not nec

And ef Rs mgmt if it insists repeating failed approach
What makes you think Detroit wants Trouba? They have young D that are already blocked this season. There's no logical reason that they'd want Trouba and that contract.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
But we don't even want him for 7/2, and we also don't have others with the "stuff" he provides.
While it would be helped in the short term by swapping out Robertson for Jones, we can see theoretical Scanlin then Fortescue near term. In terms of immediate, Edstrom + Rempe have arrived. KAM + Schneid are not creampuffs. So I respectfully disagree as to "we also don't have others with the "stuff" he provides."

When I get a chance this w'e a separate thread w/specifics can go up and all can chime in esp DET fans

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We don't have a 1C now. Zibanejad is woefully miscast and it's a big reason we're like the 20th best team at 5v5.

I'm just here to crack myself up while we lose in the first round over and over again.

Reactions: UnSandvich

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
while in theorie a fine strategy it failed with 4 consecutive top 10 picks for the rangers. kakko and laf still can turn the corner. but their current value is lower than the original draft picks. anderson and kravtsov delivered cloe to zero return.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
As far as this trade goes, upgrading on Brodzinski by downgrading on him is an interesting strategy.

download (96).png

Ferraro is fine, but like, he's not better than Gustafsson. If we're replacing Lindgren, and the return is not better than Gustafsson, we could just demote Lindgren and replace him with Gustafsson.

This fanbase makes way too many "rearranging chairs" proposals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad