Kings Article: SJ GM Wilson Tries To Pull Another Fast One In Remarks About LA Kings’ Dustin Brown

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
This guy cries more then that flea bit Cryote Shane Doan.

Ok I'm not that big of a jerk. I do hope Doan recovers quickly from the Rockey Mountain Spotted fever.

Nefarious

Classless Doty
Jun 27, 2006
King's Landing
shark-tears.jpg

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Wilson is probably developing an inferiority complex in regards to the Sharks' former GM and his organization. The malady likely includes our neighbors to the south as well.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Does Doug Wilson have a point that it would have been the nice thing of Brown to call Hertl and say "U ok?"? Sure. But no one has any obligation too, and I highly doubt Dustin Brown is the only man in NHL history to do this.

It's like when you bump into someone at the mall. You can either say 'sorry' or not. People expect you to say sorry, and if you don't they likely think you're a tool, but no one spouts off about it in the media. And even if Wilson was asked about it, he said a hell of a lot more than just one quick comment that it wouldn't have been nice if Brown had called Hertl.

Wilson just looks like a crybaby here.

HolyShot*

It was an accident. Everyone hopes hertl has a speedy recovery. He's a bright young star.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
It was an accident. Everyone hopes hertl has a speedy recovery. He's a bright young star.

Yeah but did you message Doug Wilson that? No. See? That's why he hasn't stopped crying. Make sure you email him so this incident doesn't keep him crying through X-mas.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
I broke a guys nose and split his eyes open with the back of my head playing basketball on Saturday. I giggled a little bit as I grabbed the rebound with little opposition after that and put it back in for the game winning point. Me and Duftin Bwown are of the same ilk.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Doug Wilson still owes Lombardi not only for the foundation of that entire franchise but also for drafting and developing the parts that allowed Dog Wilson to trade for Thornton and the 1st rounder used to draft Couture.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
san-jose-gm-doug-wilson-tries-to-pull-another-fast-one-in-remarks-about-la-kings-dustin-brown"]San Jose GM Doug Wilson Tries To Pull Another Fast One In Remarks About LA Kings’ Dustin Brown

So Dustin Brown (should) = Gordie Howe in this scenario...? :laugh:

Can't Brown just send him a fruit basket already to show "he cares thiiiiiiis much"

What whiners.

ukyo

Mar 2, 2003
Silicon Valley
Visit site
Either due to the level of scrutiny he gets, or the reputation that he's starting to build (deserved or undeserved), it would have been a pretty good idea for Brown to at least call the kid.

Any competent GM would have said the same crap the way Wilson did. Any chance you get to take a shot at the captain of your toughest division rival and affect how the refs or Brown himself thinks during a game, you take it.

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
Either due to the level of scrutiny he gets, or the reputation that he's starting to build (deserved or undeserved), it would have been a pretty good idea for Brown to at least call the kid.

Any competent GM would have said the same crap the way Wilson did. Any chance you get to take a shot at the captain of your toughest division rival and affect how the refs or Brown himself thinks during a game, you take it.

In that case, anytime a player gets injured in a collision, he should receive a call. If it was a dirty play, then yes, that might be a good idea. But both players were equally responsible, and it's unfortunate Hertl got hurt. Brown clipped him with his trailing leg and Hertl could have avoided it.

Last edited:

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Why doesn't Dustin Brown just call every player after every game and ******** for a couple minutes. Just to make sure everyone's "feelings" are ok.

ukyo

Mar 2, 2003
Silicon Valley
Visit site
In that case, anytime a player gets injured in a collision, he should receive a call. If it was a dirty play, then yes, that might be a good idea. But both players were equally responsible, and it's unfortunate Hertl got hurt. Brown clipped him with his trailing leg and Hertl's could have avoided it.

That'd be nice, but to be honest I care more about Brown's "public relations." He's getting a bad reputation and there are already on-ice side effects of it. I think how this play even came about was a result of him worrying about delivering a late hit. It could have easily been him injured because, as he said, his knee was just as at risk as Hertl's. I'd rather he take better care of his reputation in the league and with the officials so he doesn't have to worry about playing his game.

KBA4life

Oct 22, 2003
Los Angeles
Visit site
Perhaps he should focus on the fact that his team is already beginning their perennial fall from the standings/relevance. Start strong and finish weak:the San Jose way

That'd be nice, but to be honest I care more about Brown's "public relations." He's getting a bad reputation and there are already on-ice side effects of it. I think how this play even came about was a result of him worrying about delivering a late hit. It could have easily been him injured because, as he said, his knee was just as at risk as Hertl's. I'd rather he take better care of his reputation in the league and with the officials so he doesn't have to worry about playing his game.

You honestly think a phone call would change any of that? Come on!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad